wait

giphy.gif

AAAHHH

IgFh.gif

oh wow a Battlefront II cutscene

databank_kamino_01_169_f9027822.jpeg

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

9b2c578c3f24ca17-600x338.jpg

Breaking news: Well-known goofball hands entire galaxy over to potential fascism

CaringIncompleteArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

What in the

Didn't you just meet after a fucking decade of nothing

"To be angry is to be human"
Gurl, this dude is a murderer. Leave.

8c60591bd421520edab0b4700234cf4b.jpg

FUCKING LEAVE.

Oh fuck me.

47d07739-f588-4ae2-87ef-9eff8bfea692_text.gif

What are these words

"RWWWWAAAAAAUGGGGHHHHHHHRHRRR" -Yoda

Also, returning favorites from The Phantom Menace:

img-2462218-f.jpg

Vaguely racist, bad Chinese stereotypes

Screen-Shot-2019-06-14-at-11.07.30-AM.png

Vaguely racist, bad Jewish stereotype

Anyway, SweetNicole can take it from here. Thanks for your time.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
It's an ugly movie with a terrible romance, but I'd still watch it over TPM.

This movie at least has the Obi-Wan detective story, which is fun and a hell of a lot more engaging than anything in TPM.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
It's really not that bad. The Romance is shit, sure, but the soundtrack and audio design are both absolutely amazing, the battles are fun, and it's far more watchable than TPM. I actually loved it as a kid in the cinemas.

Nov 8, 2017
TPM is consistently mediocre with the only standout bit being the duel at the end (even then it's the music and Maul's badass character design doing all the heavy lifting). Attack of the Clones has the worst individual moments in the whole PT (all Annakin + Padme related), but also some fairly good ones too. I do think that some of the battles are quite good, especially compared to what we got in the previous film.

The main thing that stuck out to me on my latest rewatch is how bad AOTC and RotS look, visually. In some scenes I even think the Clone Troopers look better in 2 than in 3!

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Obi-wan becoming a noir detective in the 2nd act, complete with going to a fat informant in a crappy diner, was BATSHIT to me even back then.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
the battles are fun,
j8Asrc.gif

ConsciousJoyousGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif

Pay attention to the colosseum scene and not a single actor/actress is convinced by ANYTHING George told them going into it. Especially not the jedi extras. Like. ESPECIALLY not the jedi extras.

It amazes me people say TLJ ruined Star Wars when this shit came out in 2002.
Most people were kids then so they didn't actually know what a bad movie was and likely were impressed by the CGI.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man, the decision to use cg and digital 1080p for everything is going to haunt this trilogy forever

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I skimmed this movie on Disney+ to see what it looked like on my 4k set. What a terrible mistake.

To add some substance to this thread, they absolutely fucking ruined the mysticism of Yoda in the prequels. I feel like fucking nobody needed to see his old ass doing spinny flips and shit with a lightsaber.

Props to The Last Jedi for this scene;

To me, this is Star Wars.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
This is the only Star Wars movie I went to a midnight screening for.

I was 12 and my Dad took me :P

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I find the UAAAAAAGH from Anakin and the following light show around his and Dooku's faces way more hilariously embarrassing than the Yoda battle cry.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
AotC is widely known to be the worst Star Wars movie. It's truly irredeemable trash, with a big budget gloss and ever-so-brief flashes of quality that remind us what might have been.

The only way to salvage the story is to remake it. Preferably as part of a remade prequel trilogy.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what these movies would have looked like with mostly practical effects. It would have certainly held up better.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
TPM is consistently mediocre with the only standout bit being the duel at the end (even then it's the music and Maul's badass character design doing all the heavy lifting). Attack of the Clones has the worst individual moments in the whole PT (all Annakin + Padme related), but also some fairly good ones too. I do think that some of the battles are quite good, especially compared to what we got in the previous film.

The main thing that stuck out to me on my latest rewatch is how bad AOTC and RotS look, visually. In some scenes I even think the Clone Troopers look better in 2 than in 3!

I actually think ROTS still looks pretty good for the most part, barring a few shots.

TPM had more practical effects but the CG looks really dated.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And just a reminder that some people here legitimately think this isn't the worst SW movie as they think that goes to TLJ

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Agreed. Terrible romance, dialogue, underwhelming Jedi battle, and Lucas chickened out on Darth Jar Jar. Still, we got Yoda fighting, plus the overall plot was a decent mystery that told the story of the clone wars and a major step in palpatines rise to power. On major plot it's better than 7-9 but on everything else it's worse.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Ok but Yoda flipping around like a candy raver on steroids was worth the price of admission alone

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Agreed. Terrible romance, dialogue, underwhelming Jedi battle, and Lucas chickened out on Darth Jar Jar. Still, we got Yoda fighting, plus the overall plot was a decent mystery that told the story of the clone wars and a major step in palpatines rise to power. On major plot it's better than 7-9 but on everything else it's worse.

I agree

SpudBud

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
John Williams tried his best to save it. His score was the best thing about the movie.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree.

I think the last part of the film is the weakest. The rest is honestly not terrible.

I like the adventure, I like the different parts of the galaxy.

I really have no issues with Anakin and Padme (carried by Portman and the OST, granted).

The tusken are stated to be monsters and not "men" by Lars which is how Anakin feels after seeing his mother, so that's why Padme doesn't see Ani as a murderer.

Also there is an ellipse, they don't spend 2 hours together it's several days.

Moreover, spending the week with a dream girl/boy and feeling like you're about to die may make you fall in love faster.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Reception wise they are equal. I'd say they are equal
Clones has a good premise with horrendous direction and performances (Obi-Wan and Palpatine mostly excluded) -- and effects that grow worse with time.

Thor 2 has a forgettable story with average direction, and delightful performances that include a scene-stealing Tom Hiddleston.

I'll take Thor 2 any day. It's not painful to watch at least. It doesn't ruin anyone or anything like Yoda's frog ninja routine or Anakin and Padme's painful "romance." At worst, it's a great big "meh" punctuated by some really fun moments.

Ooopsklo

Banned
Aug 20, 2019
Clones has a good premise with direction and performances (Obi-Wan and Palpatine mostly excluded) -- and effects that grow worse with time.

Thor 2 has a forgettable story with average direction, and delightful performances that include a scene-stealing Tom Hiddleston.

I'll take Thor 2 any day. It's not painful to watch at least. It doesn't ruin anyone or anything like Yoda's frog ninja routine or Anakin and Padme's painful "romance." At worst, it's a great big "meh" punctuated by some really fun moments.
I'm gonna be honest. I find dark world charming

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
It's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeal fuckin bad

Phantom Menace is worse

But it's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Anakin explains that he supports a fascist dictatorship and after 5 seconds of confusion, Padme laughs and they roll around playfully in the hills