Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is this content available on youtube at all? This is pretty damn cool.

Around... 50% or so? The Japanese store promos and the us n64 stuff is. I'm working on not only getting the other stuff digitized, but also done up in a form that's easily postable for me. (My YT account seems to reject it).

Plus if I do get serious with making a YT channel or Twitch streaming, I want these to be a lead in so I can get possible viewers through viral news sites that link to the shit. I once got featured on Kotaku, so I figure I can do it again when I build up enough material.

OP
OP
Proteus

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Around... 50% or so? The Japanese store promos and the us n64 stuff is. I'm working on not only getting the other stuff digitized, but also done up in a form that's easily postable for me. (My YT account seems to reject it).

Plus if I do get serious with making a YT channel or Twitch streaming, I want these to be a lead in so I can get possible viewers through viral news sites that link to the shit. I once got featured on Kotaku, so I figure I can do it again when I build up enough material.

You definitely need to make a thread at some point when this stuff is catalogued for online viewing. I am sure a lot of people would like to see it.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I already own quite a few to be honest (like my recently acquired Hyper Duel), but the ones that I don't think will ever grace my collection would be:

Snatcher on Sega CD
Magical Chase on Turbografx/PC Engine
Little Samson on the NTSC NES
Coryoon on PC Engine
Sapphire on PC Engine
Rendering Ranger on Super Famicom

and many more, but these are from the top of my head.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
My debug PS2. This is one that is also region free (my main reason to buy it after trying multiple times to play Initial D on multiple PS2s). I got super lucky that my sleepy town in southwestern Ontario somehow had a peripheral distributor/manufacturer and used this to check their PS2 stuff. They got out of PS2 so they had no need for it anymore.
Wowsers, that's a real unique thing to have in a personal collection! Any test kit is frankly amazing to own.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
img_3402dyuq4.jpg

Amiga 1200
...with 8GB Compact Flash drive, DVI out, 68030 50Mhz Blizzard turbo card + Tac 2 and Wico Three Way.
I'll cry the day it stops working.

I have an Amiga 500 as well which is completely unmodified which I hold very dearly as well, it's the same piece of hardware I bought together with my brother in 1987.

My first ever gaming hardware is still in my possession as well. A Donkey Kong dual screen Game & Watch. Still works but the steel plate for the buttons is loose. I believe I got it in 1983.

Puroresu_kid

Oct 28, 2017
My personally owned video game Holy Grail. Bought it for $50 or so a decade ago, you'd be hard pressed to find a copy under $300 these days:

streetfighteriixmatchings_dcbox.jpg

That's for a single game. I have a couple of collections that are worth a decent amount, but I have no plans of selling them because of sentimental value. (Sorry, this is not my picture):

228715p1010081n.jpg

This is the Neo Geo Online Collection (both volumes) for the PS2, a Japan-only release which contains pretty much every significant fighting game released on Neo Geo through about the year 2002. Including Hudson Soft stuff like Galaxy Fight and Waku Waku 7.

A lot of them are enhanced versions: for example, KoF '98 is the Unlimited Match version; KoF 2000 and 2001 are the Dreamcast versions; etc. But even the versions that are enhanced give you an option to play the barebones, OG Neo Geo version. This is really the complete package.

Holy Grail that I wanted? A CPS-2 supergun with Super Street Fighter II X. That would give me an arcade perfect version of Super Turbo. But, if this upcoming 30th Anniversary collection does it right, then I no longer have a need for the CPS-2 supergun.

Yep I have that Streetfighter as well. Amazed how much it sells second hand for.

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So many people in this thread listing their most prized item in their collection.

A "Holy Grail" isn't something you have in your collection, that's not the definition. It's the ultimate end goal, something essentially unattainable.

For me, it would be a Beatmania iidx arcade machine in my garage.

Yeah mine would be an elemental gearbolt assassin's case.

IMG_5286.jpg

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I already own quite a few to be honest (like my recently acquired Hyper Duel), but the ones that I don't think will ever grace my collection would be:

Snatcher on Sega CD
Magical Chase on Turbografx/PC Engine
Little Samson on the NTSC NES
Coryoon on PC Engine
Sapphire on PC Engine
Rendering Ranger on Super Famicom

and many more, but these are from the top of my head.

Only thing I kick myself about was at one point I had the opportunity to buy a complete Little Samson back in 08 for $60 and passed on it, because I thought it was too high.

OP
OP
Proteus

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Only thing I kick myself about was at one point I had the opportunity to buy a complete Little Samson back in 08 for $60 and passed on it, because I thought it was too high.
Those are the types of missed opportunities I am always kicking myself for as well. I skip something because I think it's too high but now I would be more than willing to pay that amount because the price has doubled or even tripled.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I don't think they're particularly rare or anything, but regardless: my small collection of Warcraft figures. The level of detail is insane and they are/were actually very cheap compared to PVC (Bishoujo) figures.

Edit: Oh, I should probably explain why they are "holy grails" for me. Well, as said above, figures can get crazy expensive over time. Often they're already expensive at the start, but even if they're not, they will get prizy over time. These ones cost me about €50 - €80 a piece and I think the first one was released 8 to 10 years ago. That was back when I was about 16 years old and didn't make a lot of money, to put it lightly. I'm glad I bought them, though, and I have had them on display in my room for years now.

Tauren Hunter Korg Highmountain

About 24 cm high, this guy weighs 1225 g. Very impressive figure. The only downside to this one is the base, which is rather cheap and light, with short pins to fit into the hoofs. So I had to commit a grave sin and glue him to the base in order to keep him from falling over constantly.

Pandaren Brewmaster Chen Stormstout

About 20 cm high. While the Highmountain figure's base was bad, this one doesn't have a base at all. So you have to make sure he's supported by a solid, heavy object (one of my room's walls in my case) to keep him from falling. Still an impressive figure all-around with various glassy ornaments. The bamboo pole with the jug and oil lamp (?) are a nice touch as well.

This one actually costs about $25 on Amazon right now, which is a huge steal.

Other ones I have:

The Warchief herself, Sylvanas Windrunner

There seem to be bootlegs of this one on the market, as I saw a lot of pictures with wrong colors (yellow skulls on the base, for starters) and a lot less detail in general.

Night Elf Huntress Alathena Moonbreeze

Troll Priest Zabra "badass motherfucker" Hexx (this one also comes without a base, sadly.)

Note that the photos above aren't my own. I will see if I can get a group picture of them myself tonight.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gaming related is fine.

Someone posted a rare guitar earlier.

These aren't photos of mine but I own:

3A Figures Rex and Ray Full Size
Metal-Gear-Ray-and-Rex-3A.jpg

MGSV Bionic Arm Full Scale (right)
sUTQRl3.jpg

MGS Nendoroids

Venom Snake
7a8c5538543d79c009bd29057cc04496.jpg

MGS2 Raiden
3152f46e455e41ea980a63b0b8730713.jpg

Solid Snake
f65f39c576b945128d56ca4174dfff83.jpg

Stealth Camo Solid Snake
126876c9d6f7aa092cb9a833a8c3b9fe.jpg

Once I move I'm planning on making a display case for them and having a game room/Mecha man cave.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I know that feeling. I bought the Symphony of the Night CE (PAL) at launch, but I finished the game that same day and returned it for Star Fox 64. That one goes for €300,- now...

I'm a way bigger Castlevania fan now than I was back then and I've got almost all the games CiB, but the only ones I don't have are SotN (not physically anyway), Vampire's Kiss on SNES, Castevania Legends on GB and Castlevania Legacy of Darkness on N64. If I have those my Castlevania collection would be complete (satisfactory complete anyway) .

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have a game collection holy grail that you haven't bought or did you finally succumb and make it the crown jewel of your collection?

I have a lot of pretty valuable game, because i mainly collect RPG on any system from SMS to current. But there one game that i will probably never pay the asking price. Elminage original on the PSP....

I regret when it was around 100 to not jump on it, but i was getting way more valuable thing in my eyes during that period, but i never expect this title to explode in price that fast.

Oct 25, 2017
This is dumb, but I never had an Super Nintendo growing up and I always wanted one. So my SNES Classic is something I've wanted for a long time, and I appreciate that it looks and feels right too.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
My holy grail is my NA copy of Magic Knight Rayearth for Saturn. I did spend $300+ on it when I had money a few years ago, but I told myself that if I ever needed to sell off my game collection, my Saturn and this game would be the absolute last ones to go.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Mine would probably be a JVC X'eye. I'm sure I'll get one eventually, but I just can't drop the dough on it right now and actually give myself a good reason as to why I did it.

RetroCCN

Oct 26, 2017
I've got most of the games I could ever want. But right now I'm searching for a nice condition Avanti Mario plush. For my money, it's the best Mario plush ever made. And he's got his original red overalls, too! Wish I could find one...

maxresdefault.jpg

Ain't he cute?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
I know that feeling. I bought the Symphony of the Night CE (PAL) at launch, but I finished the game that same day and returned it for Star Fox 64. That one goes for €300,- now...

I'm a way bigger Castlevania fan now than I was back then and I've got almost all the games CiB, but the only ones I don't have are SotN (not physically anyway), Vampire's Kiss on SNES, Castevania Legends on GB and Castlevania Legacy of Darkness on N64. If I have those my Castlevania collection would be complete (satisfactory complete anyway) .

Yeah, I got the JP collectors version with the mini artbook and soundtrack. Not sure what it's worth not privy on JP prices, but it looks cool.

Edit: Looking it up, it's going for $70-80. Also don't think it's a collectors edition just they got the better base game with artbook and soundtrack.

Last edited:

blizzardjesus

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There have been a few but i have most of them now thanks to a friend in Japan, Twin Famicom, Samba Maracas, Otocky for FDS... only one remaining is the complete set of the Bit Generation games.

llbHHSJ.jpg

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I have a lot of pretty valuable game, because i mainly collect RPG on any system from SMS to current. But there one game that i will probably never pay the asking price. Elminage original on the PSP....
I'm lucky enough to have snagged one of them when they were just announced. I still have it sealed. I'm not sure what the going rate on it is though, there's one on eBay that's €1800, but that's been there forever and no one is gonna buy it at that price of course. But I'd image it's worth a few hundred at least.

mantis23

Oct 27, 2017
My personal holy grails are a CIB Big Box Earthbound or the Post Pandemic edition of The Last of Us. Both are just stupidly expensive. My immediate holy grail is Clayfighter: Sculptor's Cut for the Nintendo 64 simply because its the only game I'm missing for a complete set.

Dec 2, 2017
I've got a mint and sealed Pokemon Firered, Metroid Zero Mission, Zelda Minish Cap, The rerelease of the first Zelda on GBA, Pokemon Heartgold.

The GBA games were a great grab, I went into WHsmith's not long after the DS came out, and they had a huge selection of GBA games reduced to a fiver, so I just grabbed what I could. I just regret I didn't grab more.

Then Heartgold I bought from a local facebook group.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have one, and don't have much of a collection of anything even remotely close to rare.

I think if it were things that I'd love to own but haven't gotten yet (or can't really justify) it'd be an original, big box copy of The Sims 1 or Railroad Tycoon 2 Platinum (two of my favorite games ever) or a Bravely Default Collector's Edition.

Nya

Oct 25, 2017
For a long time, I had pined for a Cave Shooting Collection set. The prices for them keep going up, but due to a chance encounter with a hefty ebay promotional discount offer and a seller in country (no import fees!) I managed to get one for a ridiculously good price. Everything except the game discs are sealed, but even those are in mint condition. It's a gorgeous set, and every time I look at it, I smile.

dsc00090rsj1p.png

dsc0008432kek.png

dsc000921wjj6.png

dsc00099rrkzl.png

dsc00106uckb4.png

dsc001524bjhc.png

dsc00110uhkil.png

dsc001234kjga.png

dsc00116d9jg1.png

dsc001183iktr.png

dsc00107hjjdq.png

DynamiteCop!

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Not a game but easily my most prized gaming possession, I really wish someone would make a setups thread. I have a great game room I want to share but haven no thread privileges.

20180119_221528_HDR.jpg

Mzo

Nov 30, 2017
My holy grail as in thing I want but don't have is Dynastic Hero on the Turbo CD. I love Wonder Boy and I was lucky enough to get into the Turbo before it got expensive but I always missed out on this one and then the price exploded.

It's not even an original game, just a reskin of the Genesis one. I can't justify the price at all.

My 2nd grail would be Little Samson. I know it's famous for being rare but the reason I want it is the Akira Kitamura connection to Mega Man 1 and 2. Wish I had paid more attention back in the day.

I wish games were back to being worthless again. I got so many amazing games for nothing.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
This thread got me thinking what would be THE ultimate gaming collectors piece, then it struck me...

A genuine set of 130 years old Nintendo Hanafuda cards.

So I'll go with this.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
1TnnoMTl.jpg

I missed it back then, as I thought its release was cancelled in Europe due to the fabricated media controversy, and I never saw it in the stores. Now it costs too much on Ebay.

Oct 28, 2017
I have sealed ps2 games for virtua fighter 4 evolution, devil may cry, killzone and mgs3.

Sealed parasite eve and alundra 2 for ps1.

Sealed bayonetta 2/1 pack for Wii U.

Sealed brand new Official US PlayStation magazine PS3 launch issue.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Burger King Trilogy games for Xbox/360, Shaq Fu for Sega Genesis.

my taste is clearly exquisite

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
So rare I seemingly can't even find a decent picture of it but this is my grail:

59bf181ae9bab50966efaf24a2a151b0.jpg

I don't know how expensive they are, afraid to check as I may do something silly...

A mint Donkey Kong Game & Watch is another but I'll own one for sure soon enough so not grail status.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Streets of Rage trilogy for the Mega Drive!

Getting the third one was a pain due to scalpers, but in the end I managed to grab a copy that was not as expensive as those you can see on eBay and the likes

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I dont have anything specially valueable or rare with videogames. The most expensive item was Paper Mario for GC but sold it. However it is fun to see your collections. Some nice rare stuff I will never ever own.

logiejames

Nov 15, 2017
UK
My 'unicorn' as I put it was always the Beatmania Pachislot machine. Odd one I know, but I thought it was the coolest thing in the world when I saw a vid of it on youtube.

qtnQbOel.jpg

It showed up on ebay here in the UK and I messaged the seller immediately! He brought it all the way up north from down south for me and now it sits pretty next to my Fatal Fury Special Pachislot :D.

In the more 'traditional' video game stuff, I have a softspot for the 64DD (which I don't have) and having seen that Cave set ThePeoplesBureau posted... I NEED IT! haha.

edit: whoops that image came about a bit huge! I shrunk it down a bit X_X

Last edited:

KinseyUwU

Nov 29, 2017
United Kingdom
No horror buff's game collection would be complete without these two bad boys:
IMG.png

My EU copy of SH2 with the directors cut DVD (which I've watched more times than I can count) and Haunting Ground which is pretty rare these days I believe. Not a GREAT game, but the doggo is cute. :3

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
This thread got me thinking what would be THE ultimate gaming collectors piece, then it struck me...

A genuine set of 130 years old Nintendo Hanafuda cards.

So I'll go with this.

Sorry but that is not a holy grail. That's an artifact. Good show!!! Genuinely envious.
Pics would be awesome someday cuz I have the Club Nintendo Hanafuda cards but I've never seen the original ones. :D

Nov 4, 2017
1TnnoMTl.jpg

I missed it back then, as I thought its release was cancelled in Europe due to the fabricated media controversy, and I never saw it in the stores. Now it costs too much on Ebay.
What controversy?

I bought this for 7€ back in 2009 I think. Some stores were getting rid of their stock.
Probably rotting away in my parents garage now, never even bothered to play it.

Amalthea

Dec 22, 2017
Sorry but that is not a holy grail. That's an artifact. Good show!!! Genuinely envious.
Pics would be awesome someday cuz I have the Club Nintendo Hanafuda cards but I've never seen the original ones. :D

I should have specified that I mean 'want to possess', I sadly don't have them.

The most valuable Nintendo product and overall gaming object I have is a boxed Crystal Screen Balloon Fight Game and Watch.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Either my PS4 + PT or Paper Mario Thousand Year door pal version.

Not money worth wise it would be my Kyogre GBA with poke pinball and Metroid Zero Mission i really hope i don't have the battery versions and the chip version so that they can last for a long time, i still enjoy playin those 2 on my gba.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Panzer Dragoon Saga.

I will never forget the day I saw it, sitting in a pawn shop display case for $15 bucks. I had no money on me at the time, I asked the clerk if they would hold it for me while I went home to get some money, they wouldn't. I figured what are the chances of it being gone when I got back? I literally planned to go home and get the money and come back.

This was in a fairly rural area too, not a large city of anything. I was about 15 at the time and was with a buddy of mine, we had just put the last of his money in his truck for gas so that's why I had to go back home and get some money I had saved up.

We got back, all together it was probably about 40'ish minutes later. I walk in, money in hand about to plop it down for the game, I walk over to where it was in the display case and find it empty, I then ask the clerk if he took the game out for me.

His words crushed me,

"No, someone bought it about 10 minutes after you left."

I was so pissed. I mean he knew I wanted it, and I told him I was going home to get the money, but he couldn't even wouldn't even hold it for me.

I have never played it, and no longer have any of my old consoles either.

Someday, someday it will be mine.