• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your reaction?

• I am horrfied. pretty sure I chose the wrong partner

• I guess I could change an initial "WTF?!" reaction into a cautious "go on, tell me more"

• I wished that would happen, I've been waiting a long time for it but I don't expect it any time soon

• It happens fairly often in our relationship, it's fine

• no reaction, I just wouldn't want it to happen.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 22, 2017
I'd hear them out. After all we've been though wouldn't let some kink of theirs ruin our relationship. And hopefully they'd feel the same if I didn't want to do it.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I want to see where this goes.

now, it's YOUR rules, you decide when, with whom and how many people at once and their genders, for how long, whether you partake or not, what can't be done, EVERYTHING.

can you imagine something like that?

I guess this thread is more of a "curious about the Poll" thing since it's a VERY private matter.

That sounds blissful. I love it when it's all about me. I have experienced this in the past, but as the third, not as part of a couple. It was amazing.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
you'd do all of that, just for me? just for my pleasure and entertainment? something I've never asked for or hinted at? Gee honey, you're the best!

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have like any facts to back this claim up?

Anecdotally, I can say of my friends and of acquaintances I know that went this route when they were having issues with their relationship, it's always ended in a breakup or divorce. It adds something different for a little but ultimately ends in even more fighting from the people who have told me about it.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
I'd be pretty freaked out since it's extremely unlike her.
I'd then have a ton to talk about before even getting back to that subject lol

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Umm this would have to be something you talk about being more open early in the relationship. Because I wouldn't be down for it. But at least she could've been clear up front and broken up earlier. If it just came out of the blue after a while and I was totally committed to being exclusive then I would be pissed. I'd say no you can't do that and keep asking why she wants to, possibly could work it out after long discussion but most likely it would end up being a deal breaker.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Anecdotally, I can say of my friends and of acquaintances I know that went this route when they were having issues with their relationship, it's always ended in a breakup or divorce. It adds something different for a little but ultimately ends in even more fighting from the people who have told me about it.

This is definitely not a way to fix a flawed relationship lol. If people are suggesting this at that stage the relationship is over and they just want to fuck other people.

exploring a kink like this is Hard mode for relationships and requires more trust and better communication then monogamy. That's a general thing with kink. The more kinky the relationship the more trust is involved and the more communication is required to keep all parties happy

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I recently broke up with my girlfriend probably because of something like this

She came out of nowhere asking me if I would be interested in a ménage a trois with another person

I tried to be ok with it, but it really affected how I viewed our relationship

I try to be open minded, always. But some things I just dont feel good about, no matter how open I may be

I respect it. For some couples, it works, and I dont view them as "couples who dont understand about love" or shit like that.

Its just that this is not for me, at all.

I'm still heartbroken about it, thinking that it's my fault for not being capable of doing it

Apr 17, 2019
Viridia
Did the OP just discover NTR doujins or something?
Cause I swear this is one of those plots.

To answer the poll,
I'd be horrified and try to understand where the idea is coming from and try my darnedest to persuade her off this path.
If all else fails...then damn, I'm really sorry but I can't live with that.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
That'd be a big no from me, I've done similar in previous relationship's but to be honest that's because I didn't love them and was mainly in it for the sex.

Now i'm married with kids I'd hope my wife knows me well enough to know this isn't something I'd be up for at all.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely not a way to fix a flawed relationship lol. If people are suggesting this at that stage the relationship is over and they just want to fuck other people.

exploring a kink like this is Hard mode for relationships and requires more trust and better communication then monogamy. That's a general thing with kink. The more kinky the relationship the more trust is involved and the more communication is required to keep all parties happy

I laughed at them when they said that's what they were doing and that it was "helping". Like you said, it was just them wanting to have sex with others and it be "ok" and eventually it got to a point where one of them was spending more time with the 3rd/4th wheel than with the significant other and the whole time I'm just

tenor.gif

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Lol if this was for my entertainment and pleasure, I would have asked for it. But you'll have to break up with me. I'm not into it, and if you need to do this, you'll have to do it elsewhere.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
The one suggestion I have for anyone if their SO ever expresses interest in this kind of thing - don't shut them down, just talk to them. It's can be very difficult to tell someone about the fantasies you have. There's a big component of shame.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Sounds pretty weird, but hey, I don't kink shame. If no feelings involved, maybe I'd be game.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I laughed at them when they said that's what they were doing and that it was "helping". Like you said, it was just them wanting to have sex with others and it be "ok" and eventually it got to a point where one of them was spending more time with the 3rd/4th wheel than with the significant other and the whole time I'm just

tenor.gif

great gif usage

yeah it's not something that will fix a relationship it's something that has to be there at the start and all parties have to understand what it means. If that's the case it can be a real healthy thing.

personally it's not something I'm into, but each to their own

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
The part after that question is the problem I think. Ad most said everyone has akink and its fine, but even to the most confident, your wife or husband saying that must bring alot of insecurity in regards to feelings and attraction that would be hard to just brush off, assuming you are not ok with the idea.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming the topic had never come up before, I'd be less upset that she brought it up and more upset that she's claiming she wants to do it for my sake. That seems very manipulative to me.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally wouldn't be interested, and it would definitely bring up some questions regarding our relationship going forward.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Been in an open relationship for 11 years now, so my reaction would just be "yeah okay." It doesn't really happen that often anymore, but second to last option is close enough.

Edit: Well more specifically the cucking aspect doesn't really happen. Usually it's either we do things separately or it's a full on threesome. There have been a few times where I'm partaking in a kink my partner isn't that into, but he still watched us do it.

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if they're telling me because they think I'll get pleasure from it, presumably that's something I've brought up before, otherwise why the fuck would that be the reason lol.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I would hope they would know me well enough to know that that's not my thing.

If it's their thing...well, I'm still not into it. I'll attempt it for them, but to be honest though, we probably won't get far with it.