• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't see a thread about this yet.

Don't idolize these people. This shit always turns out the same.

Basically, Gus Johnson's ex-girlfriend posted this video on October 22nd:

www.youtube.com

My ectopic pregnancy.

Ectopic Pregnancy risks, symptoms, treatment:https://www.acog.org/womens-health/faqs/ectopic-pregnancyEctopic rupture:https://teachmeobgyn.com/pregnancy/earl...

In summary:
  1. Prior to her finding out her pregnancy was ectopic, he said he would break up with her and not be a part of her or the kid's life if she didn't get an abortion.
  2. He didn't take her to her doctor's appointments, and when she needed emergency care he wouldn't cancel his plans to take her.
  3. He wasn't there when she had life-threatening surgery, so she was alone at the hospital due to keeping the pregnancy a secret from her family.
  4. He constantly thought she was exaggerating her symptoms and insisted on talking to doctors for/with her.
  5. While she was recovering, he told her "anyone else would have left you by now".
While she never referred to the boyfriend responsible for this emotional abuse by name, people figured out it was Gus based on Instagram posts from him that line up with the dates she mentioned.

He responded last night with this Tweet:

I'm aware of a recent video that calls out some actions that I'm not proud of and I want to apologize. The circumstances were extremely hard and complicated for both of us, but I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it was for her. We were young and not remotely prepared to deal with all the realities of a long-lasting and traumatic medical situation. During the talks, counseling, and therapy we went through together following this time, I came to grips with my behavior and recognized my shortcomings, and I would like her to know just how deeply sorry I am. I fully realize what I did wrong, and wish I could change how I responded and acted during that time. I've grown a great deal since that happened and I wish I knew then what I know now. I will continue to grow and learn, and strive to be a better person every day. At this time, I am stepping away from the podcast and the remainder of this year's live shows will be canceled with full refunds being issued. I will also be taking some time off from posting and working for a while.

She responded shortly after saying that he's not forgiven:

I won't accept a misleading apology with lies in it.

I don't forgive you.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Was this also the couple (or former couple) where she got nose surgery and was doing really bad post-op and he just left her alone to do other things, while she was crying and depressed?
There was a lot of stuff trending on twitter from creator drama in the past week, it's hard to keep track off.
That Blue light skin care fiasco, JonTron being anti-vax... it's too much.

Oct 25, 2017
Was this also the couple (or former couple) where she got nose surgery and was doing really bad post-op and he just left her alone to do other things, while she was crying and depressed?
There was a lot of stuff trending on twitter from creator drama in the past week, it's hard to keep track off.

I mean he's a lot worse than that, so him being antivax isn't surprising at all....

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
People will recognize Sabrina as being from some very popular videos on Gus' channel, like the "your friends who got married in highschool" one and such.

Gus sounds like a piece of shit.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Actually shocked but not really. They always portrayed a seemingly nice couple. I never actively followed Gus but I would check out Sabrina's content from time to time. What a POS he is. Geez

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
Went to his channel to unsubscribe and he still has all of the videos they made together up on his channel. Piece of shit. I fully support and stand behind Sabrina in this and hope that Gus' hardcore fans will leave her alone.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Didn't see a thread about this yet.

Don't idolize these people. This shit always turns out the same.

Basically, Gus Johnson's ex-girlfriend posted this video on October 22nd:

www.youtube.com

My ectopic pregnancy.

Ectopic Pregnancy risks, symptoms, treatment:https://www.acog.org/womens-health/faqs/ectopic-pregnancyEctopic rupture:https://teachmeobgyn.com/pregnancy/earl...

In summary:
  1. Prior to her finding out her pregnancy was ectopic, he said he would break up with her and not be a part of her or the kid's life if she didn't get an abortion.
  2. He didn't take her to her doctor's appointments, and when she needed emergency care he wouldn't cancel his plans to take her.
  3. He wasn't there when she had life-threatening surgery, so she was alone at the hospital due to keeping the pregnancy a secret from her family.
  4. He constantly thought she was exaggerating her symptoms and insisted on talking to doctors for/with her.
  5. While she was recovering, he told her "anyone else would have left you by now".
While she never referred to the boyfriend responsible for this emotional abuse by name, people figured out it was Gus based on Instagram posts from him that line up with the dates she mentioned.

He responded last night with this Tweet:

She responded shortly after saying that he's not forgiven:

Edit: I can't read god damnit

He sounds like a piece of shit, holy crap.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Don't follow either of them but Jesus fucking Christ, you have to be a real remorseless monster to do that shit. Fuck that guy forever.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Ectopic pregnancies are horrible, can't imagine this woman having to suffer without support. Did he make her keep it a secret from her family too...? Dunno this guy from Adam but sounds like a piiiiiece of shit.

My Gus Johnson is the football announcer.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oof. My best mate really loves this dude's videos, so I've seen a lot of them. This is unfortunate, disgusting, and also some really personal dirty laundry to be aired on the internet so I hope Sabrina is keeping strong and has people around as I imagine the internet fan hate squad is in full force. All the best to her, sounds like it was an awful experience that I cannot even imagine, and she's very strong for speaking out so people know.

I hope GJ is being even somewhat honest about learning and growing from thinking about his shitty actions, and I hope he makes good on demonstrating that, both towards her and in the public eye.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
This is why I never branch out from the contents creators that I have watched for years or the ones that are really open about their lives stream/camera. I'd rather stick with the ones I am confident are decent people rather than take any chances on new ones only to be be immensely disappointed later on down the line.

I can't imagine how she was feeling during all this. What a nightmare.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit I watch/watched a lot of Gus's videos.

Fuck this guy. Unsubscribing from him and never watching one again.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What should I know Gus from? The name is vaguely familiar but in a "I feel like I've heard this guy mentioned somewhere" kind of way.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I couldn't watch her entire video. What a horrible thing to go through, specially under her circumstances.

No idea who this Youtuber is but he seems like a real piece...

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
What should I know Gus from? The name is vaguely familiar but in a "I feel like I've heard this guy mentioned somewhere" kind of way.
Made a lot of short meme-y videos on youtube.
eXGiX8H.png

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hearing her cry is just heartbreaking, especially when she talks about having to go to the hospital alone. Her video almost seems therapeutic for her, just to be able to finally tell her story - I hope it helped her :\

Last edited:

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Damn, what a piece of shit. I've followed Gus for a while and never would have expected this. But I guess that how it is with half these people who end up being assholes.
My heart goes out to Sabrina and I hope she is doing better away from him.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didnt remember who this guy is so I googled him and immediately let out a "Noooo FUCK" when I realized who he was. Damn it. DAMN IT WHY CANT YOU JUST BE NORMAL.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
This really sucks :/ wild considering the persona he put on in his videos. You just never really know who these people are

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
What a major piece of shit. Can't even imagine how Sabrina was feeling during this whole thing without friends or family by her side.

I completely unsubscribed from Gus and won't be watching his content anymore.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Damn what a pile of shit. I hope Sabrina coming out with her story helps the healing process.

Whenever one of these people are found out, I'm reminded there is a huge side of YouTube I have no clue exists. Like that Fallen YouTubers thread, I've heard of maybe 2 people in there. Sometimes it's good to live under a rock.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
We 100% have to figure out a way to make doctors stop hand waving away people saying they are in pain. It's unfucking believable how close to death she came because doctors were like "Just take Tylenol" Christ.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, she posted her I don't forgive you on instagram complete with an image of a pokemon card package because apparently one of the things he was doing instead of caring for her was streaming card pack openings.

This is why I never branch out from the contents creators that I have watched for years or the ones that are really open about their lives stream/camera. I'd rather stick with the ones I am confident are decent people rather than take any chances on new ones only to be be immensely disappointed later on down the line.

I can't imagine how she was feeling during all this. What a nightmare.

I try to take the same approach and this one still got me. I was always more into Eddy Burback's content — and in fact Eddy pretty openly taking Sabrina's side on this, despite knowing Gus for much longer is how I found out — than Gus, but the two of them being so close got me to start watching Gus.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
What he did was absolutely abhorrent. He threw away his chance to headline the new G4 network in the process. This is crushing to hear as a now former fan of his

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I have a friend who had an ectopic pregnancy and the doctor's reaction was shockingly similar to how Sabrina's doctor reacted.

Reminds me of the weird scepticism doctor's have when women are suffing from endometreosis.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I try to take the same approach and this one still got me. I was always more into Eddy Burback's content — and in fact Eddy pretty openly taking Sabrina's side on this, despite knowing Gus for much longer is how I found out — than Gus, but the two of them being so close got me to start watching Gus.
That really sucks. I haven't had it happen to me yet, but I'm gonna knock on wood now. I think it helps I watch only a handle of creators religiously so I have a much smaller chance of running into the problem. And as I'm typing this I am realizing that all of them are happily married and live a relatively "boring" life off camera for the most part. Also most of them have kids. So I guess that might help keep them away from potential issues or drama in certain situations.

Obviously didn't help in this situation, but I desperately want to believe this is just an aberration rather than being even remotely normal.

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
While I'm not really a follower of Eddy's, I was pleasantly surprised to see his post.
For a lot of people in his position it would've seemed easier to just lay low and "don't pick a side" but he very clearly has chosen to stand with the victim here. Good on him.