• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada

And here's the "sin" he committed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gdtShNVYIA

Keep in mind; He LOVES the game still, his critic comes mostly from how Capcom marketed the game, the look of the game and the lack of characters. But he still LOVES it.

Up:

Apparently it was a misunderstanding and the guy who sent the threat apologized.

Last edited:

Denryu

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
How the fuck can anyone be upset at what he said?! Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Either the person sending the threat needs help or they need to find something better to do with their time. Who cares that someone has a different opinion than you about or surrounding a game.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Uh if you don't like what he has to say, then just ignore him lol. How sad do you have to be to get that upset over what he said about a video game and then send death threats.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
he's been, like, one of the biggest defenders of MvC:I

that's ridiculous

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
wtf why would anybody be mad at this? i'll admit i'm biased since i hate this game but he isn't saying anything controversial here.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He said he loves the gameplay, has issues with presentation and how Capcom basically dropped the ball and abandoned it. Says he'll still play it cause it's fun and he STILL gets death threats.

What an embarrassment. Doesn't help when you got people who support death threats even here on ERA

Heh. Serves him right. He's the new AlphaOmegaSin in terms of defending trash games. Remember AOS's defense over Comcept. I did. xD

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... Max is right. Also this dude going to risk jail time for making terroristic threats and the hill you die on is MvC:I? Damn that is some wild shit.

If you don't like what Max says I dunno mate don't watch his videos? Seems like a better approach than this shit.

lordlad

Banned for trolling with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Singapore
huh...Max is one of the advocates of MvC:I actually...he said repeatedly that he LOVES the gameplay of it...but everything surrounding the game kinda drop the ball hard though....so why are MvCI defenders hatin' on him?

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
U4uL_i.gif

Oct 31, 2017
Can you imagine not only being unhinged enough to be sending threats to a nice guy like Max who actually defends the game but to also be crazy enough to be a fan of MvC:I?!

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
If anything Max is too forgiving of the game for my liking, so I'm surprises to see people would react to him like this. There have been much more vocal detractors.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is probably one of the only defenders left for that game. Fuck the guy who sent the threat, hope gets the full business of the law.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
He said he loves the gameplay, has issues with presentation and how Capcom basically dropped the ball and abandoned it. Says he'll still play it cause it's fun and he STILL gets death threats.

What an embarrassment. Doesn't help when you got people who support death threats even here on ERA
man that guy better get banned. seen people banned for WAY less on this forum.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Max seems like a good guy. That there are such awful people in the world who would send death threats to him is truly frightening.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Death threats are thrown around on various places on the internet pretty often. I'm curious what exactly forced his hand to take it to the authorities , but I'm glad it's being taken seriously and hopefully whatever idiot said it, is just that, an idiot.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Glad he reported the threats, at least we don't have to worry about swatting or some bullshit. Hope they catch the fucker and jail him.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
May not be a MVCI defender. Could also be a hater. In his video Max talks about how he received a lot of anger from both groups because he enjoyed the gameplay but was critical of other aspects of the game. Shame. He's one of the most genuine gamers on youtube. He gives his fair opinion but doesn't begrudge those who he disagrees with.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking horseshit. I hope they find the asshole and press charges.

Dunno if Max is on Era like he was at the old country, but stay safe man.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Watched the video and it was a very, solid critique! And he still enjoys playing the hell out of it! Just what the hell, Internet!

Whether or not this guy is only fucking around at worst, fuck him either way for saying that. Making death threats (whether serious or not) is fucking uncool.

And I'm appalled someone on this site actually advocates death threats! For crying out loud! Have some standards! Death threats are a serious manner and in no ways should be advocated!

Last edited:

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
One of the few people that actually still enjoys playing the game is getting death threats for making any sort of criticism?

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pulled up the video right before I saw this topic. Absolutely crazy that someone would scare and threaten another person and potentially ruin their own life over a fucking game.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I will literately never understand why anyone ever makes a death threat to anyone else. People need to get their shit together and stop getting so crazy because someone dared to criticize something they like. It's embarrassing for like all of humanity!

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Max is one of the more positive gaming YouTubers. How you gonna send death threats against a dude like that?

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Fucking hell.

First he gets accused of being a paid shill for MvCI and now this.

Can't a person have a nuanced opinion?