Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
25thAnni_logo01.png

www.konami.com

遊戯王カードゲーム25周年 特設サイト

遊戯王カードゲーム25周年記念プロジェクト情報! 2024年2月に、「遊戯王カードゲーム」は25周年を迎えました。

Konami Digitial Entertainment Co., Ltd., in the run up to the 25th anniversary of the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game: Duel Monsters", on February 4th, 2024, will start its 25th Anniversary Project during February 2023.

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Official Card Game was launched by Konami Digital Entertainment on February 1999, and has been beloved by our customers for a quarter century. With the overseas "Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game", the new product series "Yu-Gi-Oh! Rush Duel", and various Digital Titles, the "Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Game" continues to create history.

Therefore, this year's event, which marks a massive milestone, the 25th Anniversary of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Game, will include various Yu-Gi-Oh! products and Digital Titles(*). We are planning various projects in Japan and overseas, such as the release of anniversary related products, as well as campaigns and sweepstakes for fans to look forward to.

While the full details on the celebration merch and events haven´t been released, we know the following is happening

• A 25th anniversary re-issue of the very first "Legendary Collection" set. This collection includes the original printing of the Egyptian God Cards and one of each of the classic Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon,Metal Raiders, Spell Ruler, Pharaoh's Servant,Dark Crisis and Invasion of Chaos sets with updated text wording and tournament legal status (Except for the god cards) for $1000 $32

LC1_25thAnnivEdition_550.png

The individual classic packs are also going to be re-released for sale, at the standard Booster Pack MSRP, no change in raritys or ratios compared to the original release.

yu-gi-oh-tcg-25th-anniversary-boosters.png

• Konami Japan is launching some a celebratory collections of figures of the the "Pot of" cards and of the fan favorite "Charmer" girls

tsubo-main.jpg

figure-1.jpg

• Both digital games, Master Duel and Duel Links will be having events through the year. With Master Duel having a Dark Magician focused event where you can get Dark Magician/Millenium Puzzle cosmetics plus Pharaoh Atem's throne room skin for your dueling field.

maxresdefault.jpg

Man I feel old, I've been following this game since I was 9 years old.

I created this thread to reminisce about the franchise while posting regular updates on the events and merch that will be releasing for the occasion

Here's to 25 more years of cards, memes, confusing rulings and ragequits online!!!

RIP Mr. Takahashi.

Last edited:

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Yay, probably another anniversary collection that I won't be able to obtain and scalped for thousands of dollars online....

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I only watch random YouTube openings of this series now, but it seems like the god cards get reprinted like… every year if not more.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to the YT channels going all in on crates of this anniversary stuff

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Never played it the way it is supposed to be played. Got into the anime first when it started airing in germany, like all the kids around that time.

Just like with Pokemon and Digimon cards, we used to trade YuGiOh cards in the schoolyard on a daily basis.

I loved the ps1 game Forbidden Memories even though the rules were super simple.

RIP Kazuki Takahashi.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
25 years is how long you can make a turn last in VRAINS

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty neat stuff. I'd love to get something for my kid who loved Yugioh once upon a time, but I'm not shelling out.

Also, I thought it was older than that.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They peaked with Pendulum summoning, then they had to ruin it with LINK bullshit. I will go to my grave saying that

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I only watch random YouTube openings of this series now, but it seems like the god cards get reprinted like… every year if not more.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to the YT channels going all in on crates of this anniversary stuff

These are the illegal, anime accurate version of the god cards.
0027586_obelisk-slifer-ra-complete-egyptian-god-cards-set-genuine-official-konami-cards-_960.jpeg

The legal ones are the ones you're thinking of, these get reprinted all the time.
91un4biLYjL.jpg

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Got back into the game after master duel released and fell in love with it again. Might try to pick up a set of cards and a Pot toy.

Welkins

Apr 7, 2021
holy shit its been 25 years?!? wow. i still got a box or two of my cards along with a few collections i bought over the last several years. dark magician was always my favorite archetype

Based0ne

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
This has been on my radar since last December. Here's to hoping the early sets get booster boxes.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Make anime accurate God Cards, ship Winged Dragon of Ra with a magnifying glass so you can read all the effects

SuperSonic

Oct 25, 2017
And it stopped being fun like 15 years ago. Amazing that it's still going. The GBA games were peak yugioh.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The 25th shouldn't be until next year, unless they're counting the Bandai game too.

Edit: OK, the press release mentioned this is all for the run-up to the anniversary next year.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
It's really cool they're re-releasing old packs but I wish they'd do the same for Starter Deck Kaiba and Yugi.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
I'm buying that Legendary Collection solely for the anime God cards. I used to have them as a kid but nearly all of my cards got thrown out.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played the game for years, but I would honestly love to have those God cards. And I don't know why XD

Phoenom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Going back to master Duel when this hits, I primarily used a Dark Magician focused deck so these celebration rewards are perfect. Are the decks that take forever to use per turn still popular online? Got really tired of that before.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Air Neos reprint would be nice but I know that it won't happen

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
Oh, didn't know the set reprints would have updated wording, maybe I'll get the legendary collection for funsies. Over/under on getting new arts for Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes White Dragon sometime this year?

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god those reprints of old packs at MSRP, those youtubers who had to buy boxes for like $1k for their rare hunter videos must be crying right now LOL

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Oh, didn't know the set reprints would have updated wording, maybe I'll get the legendary collection for funsies. Over/under on getting new arts for Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes White Dragon sometime this year?

Well, they all got new art very recently so I'd say it's unlikely. But they get new art every Wednesday so who knows?

And yeah, the new text is great. The original cards have weird wording for sure

Such a weird way to say "This card inflicts piercing battle damage"

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Damn 25 years, time flies. I'll never forget getting my first Yugi starter pack and The Dark Magician. Back then I thought stars indicated strength lol

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Yeah it's always been very telling that the downside of the most balanced Pot card is a small % chance to just brick your deck and lose.
Heck, this card has been limited and is currently semi limited. +1 is so strong and games go so fast that even banishing 25% of your deck and possibly auto losing is considered by Konami to be too strong. Now many think the card should be unlimited, but as of the time of this posting it'll be semi-limited for another format.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have loved Yugioh since I first saw the show. I remember the card game hadn't even officially launched in the states yet at that point.

I'll never forget the first tournament I went to, and just getting completely smoked. Went with 2 buddies. Both of whom actually had a chance to win, but one didn't really grasp the rules and got intimidated when his opponent cheated, and one who knew the rules, but forgot to call a judge lol. I played against a guy with a beatdown deck, and obviously running Blue Eyes because I thought they were cool was not the answer lol.