• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
logo.png

• Information

Title -Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel
    Genre - Online Trading Card Game Simulator
    Platforms - PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, Steam, Android (Coming Soon), iOS (Coming Soon)
    Distribution - Digital Download
    Developers - Konami
    Publisher - Konami
    Rating - E
    Multiplayer - Online in 1v1 matches, Official Tournaments
    Price - Free To Play
    File Size - 16 GB (PC)​
  • Gameplay
    Referred to as "The definitive edition of the competitive card game that has been evolving for over 20 years!" Master Duel aims to become an oficial platform for virtual Multiplayer Matches of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in the same vein as MTG Arena. With a strong focus on Multiplayer Matches and Tournaments.

The Game features two main game modes:

-SOLO MODE: A very basic series of duel challenges, with the aim of teaching you how to play some popular decks, this small sets of challenges will also teach about the lore behind many of the cards.
    media%2FFAg8GOXWQAIv_SI.jpg

-DUEL MODE: The Meat of the game, a Multiplayer hub where you can build your deck to face against players in online ranked matches or Unranked Free Macthes,Like in many games before, popular cards will get a slick animation when played

Yu-Gi-Oh-Master-Duel-steam-900x506.jpg

HGZJQIBLGZACXF3IGF7IHQPQ2U.jpg

yugioh-696x391.jpg
  • Deck Building
    As a Free To Play, there is an optional paid component to building your deck, in the form of Gems. You may buy card packs through gems which will unlock random cards from YGOs bast cardpool and add them to your arsenal

Yu-Gi-Oh-Master-Duel-5.jpg

Gems are obtained by playing duels, daily logins, missions and of course, coughing up some cash.

This might seem like a grind fest, but the game has a very good sub systems that lets you quickly get to the cards you want.

-Secret Packs: When you pull a key card from a majordeck theme, you will temporarily unlock the option to use the rest of your gems in "Secret Packs" of that deck theme, these packs have a smaller cardpool and guarantee that 4 out of the 8 cards will belong to the featured deck theme in the cover.
    FJKeZWzXMAAfiWi

-Crafting: Perhaps the best mechanic in the game, you may scrap your dupes and unwanted cards, by scrapping at least 3 cards of one rarity, you will be able to craft any card of your choice with that same rarity. So if you´re looking for an ultra rare card and you pulled 3 unlucky Ultra Rares you didn´t want, you may scrap them and use the UR parts you get to search and craft any 1 Ultra Rare card you want.

masterduel-e1641697164538.jpg

• MTX Pricing

For reference each pack costs 100 Gems, 10 packs cost 1000. Strucure decks cost 500 Gems

Xbox Prices
    GemsPricePrice Per Gem(Cents)
    50$10.02
    330$60.018181818
    680$120.017647059
    1400$240.017142857
    2350$400.017021277
    4950$800.016161616

PlayStation Prices

• Switch Prices

• Yu-Gi-Oh! ERA Discord
    We set up a discord to organize games, tournaments and find matches
    Hidden content
    You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
323a0fe45a3d94a494a75b71abc1e000da0d8856_00.gif

ITS TIME TO DUEL!

Last edited:

Jorden1506

May 29, 2018
Netherlands
Switch Prices

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What should I do with my starter gems? Should I buy packs, or more structure decks?

Darkeyes

Oct 27, 2017
logo.png

• Information

Title -Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel
    Genre - Online Trading Card Game Simulator
    Platforms - PS5, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Nintendo Switch, Steam, Android (Coming Soon), iOS (Coming Soon)
    Distribution - Digital Download
    Developers - Konami
    Publisher - Konami
    Rating - E
    Multiplayer - Online in 1v1 matches, Official Tournaments
    Price - Free To Play
    File Size - 16 GB (PC)​
  • Gameplay
    Referred to as "The definitive edition of the competitive card game that has been evolving for over 20 years!" Master Duel aims to become an oficial platform for virtual Multiplayer Matches of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG in the same vein as MTG Arena. With a strong focus on Multiplayer Matches and Tournaments.

The Game features two main game modes:

-SOLO MODE: A very basic series of duel challenges, with the aim of teaching you how to play some popular decks, this small sets of challenges will also teach about the lore behind many of the cards.
    media%2FFAg8GOXWQAIv_SI.jpg

-DUEL MODE: The Meat of the game, a Multiplayer hub where you can build your deck to face against players in online ranked matches or Unranked Free Macthes,Like in many games before, popular cards will get a slick animation when played

Yu-Gi-Oh-Master-Duel-steam-900x506.jpg

HGZJQIBLGZACXF3IGF7IHQPQ2U.jpg

yugioh-696x391.jpg
  • Deck Building
    As a Free To Play, there is an optional paid component to building your deck, in the form of Gems. You may buy card packs through gems which will unlock random cards from YGOs bast cardpool and add them to your arsenal

Yu-Gi-Oh-Master-Duel-5.jpg

Gems are obtained by playing duels, daily logins, missions and of course, coughing up some cash.

This might seem like a grind fest, but the game has a very good sub systems that lets you quickly get to the cards you want.

-Secret Packs: When you pull a key card from a majordeck theme, you will temporarily unlock the option to use the rest of your gems in "Secret Packs" of that deck theme, these packs have a smaller cardpool and guarantee that 4 out of the 8 cards will belong to the featured deck theme in the cover.
    FJKeZWzXMAAfiWi

-Crafting: Perhaps the best mechanic in the game, you may scrap your dupes and unwanted cards, by scrapping at least 3 cards of one rarity, you will be able to craft any card of your choice with that same rarity. So if you´re looking for an ultra rare card and you pulled 3 unlucky Ultra Rares you didn´t want, you may scrap them and use the UR parts you get to search and craft any 1 Ultra Rare card you want.

masterduel-e1641697164538.jpg

• MTX Pricing

Xbox Prices
    50$10.02
    330$60.018181818
    680$120.017647059
    1400$240.017142857
    2350$400.017021277
    4950$800.016161616

PlayStation Prices

• Switch Prices

• Yu-Gi-Oh! ERA Discord
    We set up a discord to organize games, tournaments and find matches
    [Hidden content]
323a0fe45a3d94a494a75b71abc1e000da0d8856_00.gif

ITS TIME TO DUEL!

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
darklords being so resource-heavy in this game for how cheap they are in real life is honestly tilting me

does anyone know the most recent cards included in this game? Seems to be stuff from Lightning Overdrive-ish and earlier. Shame, I wanted to try Floowandereeze and Despia (though not surprised).

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
So how different is yugioh now compared to around the end of the GX era? That's when I packed my cards up and retired from dueling.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know this game is new, but one of my favorite decks I've ever played was ABC Dragon Buster. I know that since, they've limited it, but I'd still like to use it. I saw though that the ABC cards are only in the Master Pack, which has like 6000+ cards in it? Is it realistic at all to acquire the cards needed or will I have to wait until a different pack comes out?

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
God, this is really tempting me to get back into Yugioh. I went pretty hard through the Xyz and Pendulum era, but the Link rules change fucked up a bunch of my decks and I quit the game and sold my cards.

Ugh, I'm going to give it a shot. I managed to get the PS4 *and* PS5 versions to download onto my PS5 via the mobile app, and redeemed both PS+ packs. With cross-save, I should get all of those combined, right?

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
God, this is really tempting me to get back into Yugioh. I went pretty hard through the Xyz and Pendulum era, but the Link rules change fucked up a bunch of my decks and I quit the game and sold my cards.

Ugh, I'm going to give it a shot. I managed to get the PS4 *and* PS5 versions to download onto my PS5 via the mobile app, and redeemed both PS+ packs. With cross-save, I should get all of those combined, right?

Yes, I had no problems getting mine on PS and they appeared later when I logged on Steam.

Also Link Rules were sent to the sun.

Dealan

The King of Games
Oct 28, 2017
Oh God, Is it still easy to get into?

I wouldn't say it's easy, especially since it's very easy to build whatever deck you want and there's nothing much other than ranked. (The solo mode is very barebones.) That means that you will encounter people playing modern decks very quickly.

It'd be nice if Konami added a Rush Duel format to the game because that would actually appeal to a lot of people who otherwise won't gel with modern Yugioh.

I know this game is new, but one of my favorite decks I've ever played was ABC Dragon Buster. I know that since, they've limited it, but I'd still like to use it. I saw though that the ABC cards are only in the Master Pack, which has like 6000+ cards in it? Is it realistic at all to acquire the cards needed or will I have to wait until a different pack comes out?

You can create a secret rare or ultra rare card from an archetype you want (let's say Dragon Buster) and it will unlock a "secret" ABC pack which guarantees that at least half of the cards you pull will be ABC related cards. You can easily craft a deck that way with the free gems.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say it's easy, especially since it's very easy to build whatever deck you want and there's nothing much other than ranked. (The solo mode is very barebones.) That means that you will encounter people playing modern decks very quickly.

It'd be nice if Konami added a Rush Duel format to the game because that would actually appeal to a lot of people who otherwise won't gel with modern Yugioh.

You can create a secret rare or ultra rare card from an archetype you want (let's say Dragon Buster) and it will unlock a "secret" ABC pack which guarantees that at least half of the cards you pull will be ABC related cards. You can easily craft a deck that way with the free gems.
That's just the bees knees

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone knows some good generic SR link monsters I can plop to my extra deck?

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Anyone knows some good generic SR link monsters I can plop to my extra deck?

450px-IPMasquerena-MGED-EN-PGR-1E.png

Edit: Shit missed that you needed them to be SR

Does YGO have some sort of limited/draft format that might become available sometime down the line, or does that just not even make sense with the gameplay? I know in Pokemon TCG it's just kind of nonsense (I once played a sealed tournament where you could evolve anything within the same type, and it kind of worked, but games were still mostly decided by who drew an OP basic earliest), but it's been my favorite game type in Hearthstone, Runeterra, MTG, etc.

YGO tried to have Sealed and Draft formats, but they did not catch on.

Older PS4 era games included them even.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Does YGO have some sort of limited/draft format that might become available sometime down the line, or does that just not even make sense with the gameplay? I know in Pokemon TCG it's just kind of nonsense (I once played a sealed tournament where you could evolve anything within the same type, and it kind of worked, but games were still mostly decided by who drew an OP basic earliest), but it's been my favorite game type in Hearthstone, Runeterra, MTG, etc.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Just tried a ranked game with my starter deck and got absolutely shit on.

Match didnt last 3 turns -_-

SkullHydra

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Feb 20, 2018
Yes, I had no problems getting mine on PS and they appeared later when I logged on Steam.

Also Link Rules were sent to the sun.
Oh, really?!

Just looked it up, and yo!!! That's some sweet news! I'm still not the biggest fan of the game being decided by turn 1 or 2, but I'm actually pretty hyped about this now. Thanks for the info!

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm super glad the solo mode at least has sections where you can use your own decks.
I was super afraid that I would have to learn my casual decks on Ranked, oh lord

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I know it says Data Transfer, but is it possible to have the same account concurrently on console/PC/tablet (when it comes out) without having to do the account tansferral time I switch devices?

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I know it says Data Transfer, but is it possible to have the same account concurrently on console/PC/tablet (when it comes out) without having to do the account tansferral time I switch devices?
You just do it once for each platform, then it saves your progress.

You'll need a Konami ID for that btw

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't really played since the GX era, was rocking an in original Elemental Hero deck, pre-Neos.

How do any of you manage to build decks these days with how much shit it going on, wow.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Went all in on my Lyrilusc deck. Not fully optimized since there are a few more SRs and URs I don't have the material to craft for yet, but I've got everything it needs to function. Everything feels super laggy right now. Hopefully that's just launch jitters. Aside from that, seems pretty good. The crafting seems pretty good overall. Won my first duel very easily. Kind of feel bad since they were clearly not equipped to deal with me, but them's the breaks. I can see myself wasting lots of time on this.

monkyrez

Oct 27, 2017
I'll say, if you are a new Yu-Gi-Oh player, maybe wait a few days and just do the Solo missions while all the experienced players grind ranked. Since everyone starts at the same rank and it's the first day, there's a pretty high chance you are gonna get thrown together with someone that has already built their deck and knows how to play it. Though, I will say I am not at all a serious YGO player and built a only mostly functioning version of the Live Twin deck and have certainly pulled out some wins. But overall I am very surprised how F2P friendly the game is, at least while you are getting started.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
I'll say, if you are a new Yu-Gi-Oh player, maybe wait a few days and just do the Solo missions while all the experienced players grind ranked. Since everyone starts at the same rank and it's the first day, there's a pretty high chance you are gonna get thrown together with someone that has already built their deck and knows how to play it. Though, I will say I am not at all a serious YGO player and built a only mostly functioning version of the Live Twin deck and have certainly pulled out some wins. But overall I am very surprised how F2P friendly the game is, at least while you are getting started.
Any tips on how to grind for currency? I only managed to get around 6.7k and spend it trying to replicate the dragon deck. But currently kind of stuck lol Im missing so many cards for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed 100% Monkyrez. When I first get in, I was planning to stick with solo for a good while and get used to the game rules & mechanics.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Played quite a bit of this today, and managed to get to Gold on ranked. As someone whose only experience with Yu Gi Oh is the single player PSP games and Duel Links, it's incredibly overwhelming, but also surprisingly fun.

I first tried rank with a starter deck, and that's just not a fun experience - the starter decks stand literally no chance against even a remotely decent deck. Later I netdecked a Tri-Brigade Lyrilusc deck which worked much better, even if it's not really the best choice (the decklist website I used was for the English meta, not the Japanese one Master Duel is apparently using).

Monetization is way more generous than I thought it would be coming from Duel Links. Tons of front-loaded rewards means that it's very easy to get a decent deck going as long as you understand how the system works (craft a single SR or UR card of an archetype you are interested in to unlock a booster pack with more cards of that archetype). I just hope it holds up in the long term.

The biggest bottleneck for me are the staple UR spell and trap cards like Ash Blossom/Impermanence/Maxx C/etc. All of them are UR, none of them are in any of the special boosters so the chances of getting them randomly are pretty much zero, and it seems like you basically need them in order to not instantly lose on turn 1. Crafting helps, but the best way to get crafting materials is to disenchant useless UR cards, and as a beginner I have no idea which of my cards are good and which should be thrashed. At least you get two special bundles that give you a staple each, but it's no where near enough.

Pleasantly surprised that the battle pass and I assume the cosmetics can be bought with free currency. F2P games like these usually lock those behind paywals.

Overall the gameplay itself is pretty fun, but there are some issues. First, the game is way too slow - some decks legit take tens of minutes to get past a single turn, and the slow animations don't help here. But a survey just went out for this and the speed of special effects was something you could complain about, so I guess they're at least aware of it. Second, conceding a match does not give you any rewards. Obviously this is there to stop people from instantly conceding matches to grind rewards, but every other CCG I've played figured this out ages ago - simply give people rewards if they concede after a certain amount of time has elapsed. As is, you either concede games and give up on rewards, or spend 20 minutes watching opponents endlessly combo before they finish you off.

Finally, it's incredibly hard to figure out what's going on as a beginner. I've played about 5 or something Prank-Kids decks so far and still have zero idea how that deck works.

There is already a survey, it feels better than the duel links ones.

A lot of topics are actually really self aware it seems they have their finger on the launch or they knew before the release.
Weird that the gallery topic is not on it, it really fells like something that should be in.