• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

E2-O8aBVEAQ-3tG

E2-MHdJVcAAuztr

(he isn't wearing Balan's hat anymore)
Andres Lopez on Twitter: "So I found that yuji naka changed his profile pic last week and on his bio he "worked" for square enix and probably got fired from the results of balan wonderworld https://t.co/2NNMVtONSX" / Twitter
Andres Lopez on Twitter: "His last day was April 30th https://t.co/zQqxqjKyKl" / Twitter

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Well, after Balan I guess that's not a surprise.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well he did say his last chance was Balan and we saw how that turned out

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he's going on a journey of self discovery after descovering controllers have more than one button

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Sad. He was a legend in the Genesis-Saturn-Dreamcast days ! I feel sorry for him that Balan turned out the way it did.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
But I am sure Balan will recover when Platformer junkies start thinking it's some hidden gem in....1000 years.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense for him to leave. SE isn't going to give him more platforms and that role clearly wasn't a good fit for him.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Square, publicly apologize and rehire Yuji Naka or you can kiss your business goodbye

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Really sad. I loved the Balan demo and I'm looking forward to playing the full game.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
It's wild how hard SE marketed Balan. Every SE event or digital event for the last year had a pretty long trailer for the game.

They had to know right?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Maybe Square Enix can buy him a ferrari to get him back on-board; and they better not even think about reusing any of Balan's code!

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
love the fact that even after it was released, people thought it was wonderland since it flows better with the balan part

I was one of those people until I finally saw some review say Wonderworld and suddenly thought I was living in a different universe. How can such a name pass through multiple executives and continents and no one realize how Wonderland is the superior title?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
What game did he make? I dont really follow developers.

Edit: Just searched it up - producer for Sonic GBA games and worked as programmer for other sonic games.

Wasted on Balan....

IceBear

Nov 20, 2017
Can't wait to see his upcoming Kickstarter collaboration with Yu Suzuki. Imagine 2 legends at work!

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to know how Balan went so wrong. I don't understand how anyone can play through that and think it's a game that makes sense as a $60, AAA release in 2020.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sadly the guy seems way past his prime. Hopefully he can turn it around with something that's received positively.

Oct 25, 2017
What game did he make? I dont really follow developers.
Famous for being the "creator" of Sonic. Left Sonic Team after the Sonic 06 development fiasco. Started own company called Prope, releasing Ivy the Kiwi, Rodea Sky Solider as some of the more notable titles. And most recently got to develop a platformer under his new Balan Company for Square Enix, the poorly received Balan Wonderworld.