• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing huge, but I think its a cool little nugget.

In an interview with Brazilian website ''Cinema com Rapadura'', the interviewer Katiucha Barcelos asked Zach what videogame characters he would like to play the most in a movie adaptation. Heres the video timestamped, and an edited transcription below:

Q: Ok, last question. I know you are a gamer, what character would you like to play in a videogame adaptation?

A: I think Nathan Drake in Uncharted. If I had to pick anything from the top of my head that's the role I think would be really fun. It's such a great game and he is such a great character. He is like Indiana Jones, I want to be Indiana Jones!

And beyond that, I can't remember his name, but The Last of Us. I think I would need a little more grey, but I'm getting there. That was one of my favorite stories, not only just videogames but any medium in the last 10 years, it's so good. Totally an awesome fresh take on the zombie genre, I'd love to do that. Both Naughty Dog by the way, both made by the same company

Honestly, I know we got that awesome Nathan Fillion fan short last year, but I think Zach would be a better pick. And he has expressed before that he would like to play that role

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see him as Drake, even if he's still a bit too babyfaced for it. Don't know if he quite has the swagger for it, he's usually playing the less confident type. Would highly prefer him over an origin story though like with Holland.

Don't see him as Joel at all really.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know about Joel, but outside of peak Fillion, he'd be about as perfect as Drake casting could be.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, I didn't even consider him as a possible Drake. He'd actually be perfect. Even has a lot of the same mannerisms lol

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Tom Holland drops out then. Don't understand why Tom gets roles as good guys, he looks like prototype a villain.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
I mean I loved Chuck...well first couple seasons anyway...forgot when it started going downhill exactly.

After season 2 it showed flashes but was never as good. You should still watch till about 4 episodes before the actual ending because they end the series on a perfect note (as opposed to the final which is a giant misjudgement)

Edit: Season 5 episode 8 Chuck vs The Baby

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I like how he praises The Last of Us as one of his favorite stories of any medium of the last 10 years and wants to star in a film adaptation, but can't remember Joel's name.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo, Brazil
I mean I loved Chuck...well first couple seasons anyway...forgot when it started going downhill exactly.

Superman stuff....

I mean.... third season is actually good with a good villain and reasonable motives, but after that it started going downhill finding villains that had impose a real threat.

I remember they doing one episode with Superman in a later season and felt awkward after all the spectacle around the end of the third season (it went live in 3D the last episode).

I really hoped that the last season could offer something amazing, at least to the fans, but only the last episode was actually good enough to save Chuck's ending.

I believe Karie Ann Moss was one of the antagonists and.... they never manage to do something great with such an amazing actress. She played a paramilitary company offering security, while Chuck was also running a company..... seriously.... WTF.....

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
He'd be a good choice if they don't go for Nathan Fillion or Jensen Ackles (who'd be imo the best choice for adult Drake, in his like 30's).
I mean all those years watching Supernatural he's mannerisms and humor reminded me of Drake's, to a T.
5rBri77.gif

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do people think naughty dog games should become movies?

What would really be the difference between the last of us as a film vs the game that already exists with tons of dialogue and solid scene direction.

I'll never understand it.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Sounds good to me - the Drake bit, at least.

After season 2 it showed flashes but was never as good. You should still watch till about 4 episodes before the actual ending because they end the series on a perfect note (as opposed to the final which is a giant misjudgement)

Edit: Season 5 episode 8 Chuck vs The Baby

Yeah, I'm still not quite sure what they were thinking by taking a mostly lighthearted, goofy action comedy show and ending it on the most bitter of notes.

I can't remember when the earlier cancellation was rumoured, but I think there's an episode somewhere in season 3 (or 4?) that was intended as a potential finale if the renewal didn't go through.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Naughty Dog getting that mad respect among movie industry folk too. Zachary could work as Nathan Drake I suppose, he's certainly charismatic.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
No way to Drake at least. Even before the first game existed Fillion was Drake. Joel? Maybe with heavy prosthetics.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Sounds good to me - the Drake bit, at least.

Yeah, I'm still not quite sure what they were thinking by taking a mostly lighthearted, goofy action comedy show and ending it on the most bitter of notes.

I can't remember when the earlier cancellation was rumoured, but I think there's an episode somewhere in season 3 (or 4?) that was intended as a potential finale if the renewal didn't go through.

First series finale was the S2 Finale. Then every season finale after that was always written as a series finale.

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama
I think Batista would make a really cool Joel tho his acting has really stepped up a lot since he 1st started and on top of that hes great and I'd love if you guys didnt cast based on looks lol some of yall choices are wild

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Why do videoganes that would actually be good for movies never get made into them wheb we get turds like need for speed...