Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
lmao Snyder

"so I want a dark Wonder Woman so let's make her like a fucking war criminal who decapitates her enemies and keeps them as trophies because the Amazonians are actually pretty barbaric and she like fucking rapes and pillages and kills even the women and children too"

tenor.gif

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Got me real interested with the crimean war, but im not down for super edgy Snyder Wonder Woman

Oct 25, 2017
Yep .
Out of all the JL members she would kill you in a hurry .
One of the reason why she so different to everyone else to bad we don't see that aspect in the movies.
Killing people isn't what is off-putting about the photo.

Killing mortals, carrying around their heads afterwards as trophies, and posing in a photo with them is what makes the photo ring false for people.

It seems beneath her as a living god, never mind any moral debate about killing.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
The problems with WW84 have nothing to do with the general vision of who the character is supposed to be right now.
Other movies being bad doesn't automatically absolve Snyder of being terrible.
Not saying Snyder is some untouchable director or whatever but its not like WB is doing much better without him. Ill wait and see what else WB does with the franchise but all this Snyder bash is tiring.

There are examples of WW being a ruthless warrior on the comics. Somehow its Snyder's fault she might be a tad violent in the movies though. His tweet in context makes sense regardless of your view of his work.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People seem to forget that Wonder Woman is an actual warrior and has a huge body count in the comics.

Like the 84 film starts off with "Zeus created us because he is kind and loving etc" Thats not who created the Amazons and you they had no problem waging war and killing shit.

DC Amazons, man i guess? I dont now. They are supposed to be warriors born though.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Edgy Wonder Woman sounds fun. Current Wonder Woman is fine, if not boring for me personally.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
Wonder Woman is a trained warrior, yes, but she is not the type of person to parade someone's head in a photo op. She prefers to talk with people, not fight. Also, New52 Wonder Woman was fucking terrible imo in making her a battle hungry warrior.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Killing mortals, carrying around their heads afterwards as trophies, and posing in a photo with them is what makes the photo ring false for people.

It seems beneath her as a living god, never mind any moral debate about killing.

A Greek God. They skinned people alive for boasting.

Edit: But again these are the comic book versions who are "nicer".

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017

Don't get me wrong i think the heads is a bit much lol
But then again Greek stuff is fuck up all around .

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
That makes so much more sense.

In BvS it came off as her trying to cover her tracks. In WW, it turned into a sappy "thank you for bringing him back to me 😭".

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Why do you need people to fucking explode if the guy who's literally faster than the speed of light tries to save them?

I'm speaking in general. People he's saving dying as a result of his power was just a joking response. I just find the Speedforce to be an interesting idea that has become a narrative crutch for many iterations of The Flash.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Woman is a trained warrior, yes, but she is not the type of person to parade someone's head in a photo op. She prefers to talk with people, not fight. Also, New52 Wonder Woman was fucking terrible imo in making her a battle hungry warrior.
Wonder Woman Earth One was the only good WW comic in the past few years.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lmao Snyder

"so I want a dark Wonder Woman so let's make her like a fucking war criminal who decapitates her enemies and keeps them as trophies because the Amazonians are actually pretty barbaric and she like fucking rapes and pillages and kills even the women and children too"

tenor.gif

You should try to read a few Wonder Woman comics.

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Samurai + Dianna holding 3 human heads.

Yeah, Zack Snyder came up with this...

And $5 says Snyder has no fucking idea where Crimea even is on a map

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Man he and Patty had two totally different ideas on the character 😂

Patty should've just cast her own WW.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It's a neat idea for an Elseworld's comic. I'd read it.

Samurai + Dianna holding 3 human heads.

Yeah, Zack Snyder came up with this...

And $5 says Snyder has no fucking idea where Crimea even is on a map
You just... you just can't help but insult Snyder in every thread. it's not even director insults, just venom. Can't help yourself huh? Did he hurt you or something?

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A fan coloring. Great stuff. Snyder is da man. I read basically every Post Crisis Wonder Woman run. All I liked to completion. Warrior Woman is on-brand.
Eq7ZXXrW4AEGh1Z

Half of my DCEU post is already here (the Phil Jimenez run or stuff like Dead Earth could also be named) and Snyder´s team is made of legit DC scholars.
Not quite on my "level of expertise" but true fans nonetheless. Basically every decision by them is based on canon. Outside of some of the Aquaman stuff, I guess.
The "sign language" seems to be in TSC. Snyder suggested so recently. Don´t remember that in the comics from the top of my head. I said head. Laugh.

You show the heads of generals or send them to the enemy camp to convey a message and this war specifically might be the first that was photographed. None of this is "murder" or "trophy collecting". It's how you win a war the fastest. Aim for the top and demoralize the enemy. Would love to know where the head props came from.
WW also demanded to publically execute the Joker, who killed half the JSA, in the just concluded Injustice prequel at the very end. Set before things and her go bad.

WW from the beloved (I think it´s only fine) Dead Earth:
t2jfwxqokp551.png

She also killed him. She is the hero of the story mind you. And here is the "last" Batman story by Comic Snyder:
IMG_2105.jpg

Film Snyder´s take is at close to the modern canon as it gets. I could do this all day.
Looks cool.

Some of you are very bitch-eating-crackers when it comes to Snyder.

I like warrior Wonder Woman.

El Bombastico

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a neat idea for an Elseworld's comic. I'd read it.

You just... you just can't help but insult Snyder in every thread. it's not even director insults, just venom. Can't help yourself huh? Did he hurt you or something?

I tend to not like misogynist objectivists with coded racism in many of his films, but hey, you white knight for him if you want.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
to everyone saying "she's a warrior, it makes sense"

there's a difference between "she's a warrior who has killed in the past" and "she carries the trophies of her kills"

she's not a Predator

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
If that's the best response you can give you just do you. Keep stanning for a problematic director.
That response is just fine for outright lies. You're lying. Straight up. The only problematic thing about him is that he made movies you didn't like.

You have a hard on for the guy for years. At some point, you gotta charge him rent for living in your head.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
she's not a Predator
But she fought one:
jla-versus-predator-page-14.jpg

I also marvel at the abysmal knowledge on how warfare used to conduct in this topic. Taking heads is how you confirmed your kill. That´s how hunting tropes came about. You can´t prove that you have taken out the enemy´s command if you can´t prove it and no one tacking an entire corpse home. Even something as basic as Naruto had that plot point. Or Kenshin. Reading young adult comics would reach you that. Let alone basic history. Look up who all got displayed after death by the enemy had their corps parts marched through multiple countries.

A page from The New Frontier:
new-frontier-wonder-woman.jpg

We really need to give up on modern WW itself if the placeholder photo ain´t a valid take on her.