• Midna's Lament

Votes: 79 69.3%
  • Follow Fi

Votes: 35 30.7%

• Total voters

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Two beautiful, somber pieces of music. Two prolific, pivotal moments in 3D Zelda. I love them both dearly but it's time to decide what is more memorable, had a bigger impact, or stands out more in the series.

youtu.be

Midna's Lament - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Music: Midna's LamentPlaylist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAs1Kha_R9dLkWgTjRNXxCJC4YvVycF33Composers: Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ota, Koji KondoSource...
youtu.be

Follow Fi - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Music: Follow FiPlayList: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAs1Kha_R9dI1S3yXfaafCvmdmbEO9CFuComposers: Hajime Wakai, Shiho Fujii, Mahito YokotaSource: ...

Personally, I am going to have to think about this for a bit...
Midna's Lament is clearly the more pressing, sad, and personal moment. But Follow Fi possesses a poignant sense of wonderment... a fated, mystic encounter for our Hero that set into motion an immortal legacy.

dsosarod

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I love Skyward Sword but TP is my favorite Zelda and the music is a huge part of why it is my favorite, so Midna's Lament all the way!

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
To be honest, while I liked Midna's Lament, I never really fell in love with it like many others have. However, I really like Fi's theme.

So my personal preference is Fi's theme (including variants of it like Follow Fi), though based on discussions online, Midna's Lament had the bigger impact and stood out more.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't even remember Follow Fi but Midna's Lament is basically the most iconic track in TP other than the Hyrule Field rendition... so...

and of course MALO MART

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Midna's Lament takes it for me. It's also one of my favorite pieces from the entire series

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Fi might have the best theme of any Zelda character in the franchise. I'd certainly put it up there in quality with the series most iconic songs.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Between those two, I have to go with Midna's Lament. I don't love it like I used to, but it plays at such an important moment in Twilight Princess. It actually caught me off guard when it first happened. I really love playing through story moments in games, and this was memorable with this theme playing instead of the usual Hyrule Field music. Now if the monster battle music would stop interrupting it…

However, if instead of Following Fi you had Fi's Farewell instead, I probably would have given that one the edge over Midna's Lament.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkv4hJEcE0&pp=ygUNZmkncyBmYXJld2VsbA%3D%3D
Speaking of Fi, I really wish they wrote her better in Skyward Sword. They obviously went for the "super analytical android discovers emotions" angle but I feel like we barely saw that before they tried to make us feel sad about her leaving. I love the idea of there always having been a spirit within the Master Sword and I love that they continue to use her sound effect. I just wish they did her justice when they had the chance.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Midna's Lament is really good but would also be a lot better if it was real performance. Fi's Theme sounds great in part because of the real instruments used.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Between those two, I have to go with Midna's Lament. I don't love it like I used to, but it plays at such an important moment in Twilight Princess. It actually caught me off guard when it first happened. I really love playing through story moments in games, and this was memorable with this theme playing instead of the usual Hyrule Field music. Now if the monster battle music would stop interrupting it…

However, if instead of Following Fi you had Fi's Farewell instead, I probably would have given that one the edge over Midna's Lament.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lLkv4hJEcE0&pp=ygUNZmkncyBmYXJld2VsbA%3D%3D
Speaking of Fi, I really wish they wrote her better in Skyward Sword. They obviously went for the "super analytical android discovers emotions" angle but I feel like we barely saw that before they tried to make us feel sad about her leaving. I love the idea of there always having been a spirit within the Master Sword and I love that they continue to use her sound effect. I just wish they did her justice when they had the chance.

It's this one, this one is the better theme.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I didn't even remember the Fi song until clicking the link. Midna's Lament is iconic as hell, on the other hand. And I say that as someone who likes both Fi and SS.

LimeTime

Jul 17, 2023
I think it's Follow Fi and it's really hurt by people not liking Fi that much in comparison with Midna.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Midna's Lament, but as posters have already said if Fi's Farewell was in contention, it takes the cake

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Midnas' Lament plays in one of my favourite sequences of Twlight Princess where you have to rush to Hyrule Castle whilst Midna is gravely injured. I get actively annoyed the "Common enemy music" overrides it when it happens, let that play in full! It's an easy pick.

Follow Fi is still a nice theme. But honestly, I can't even tell you were it even plays in Skyward Sword, is it right at the beginning when you get the sword? I honestly can't tell you, it plays in a barely memorable moment of the game.

TeraDax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Québec
Between those two, Midna's Lament, but if OP selected Fi's Farewell, then that would be my choice.

That whole scene with the music playing made me really emotional, and while I did not hated Fi at all, I did not expected to be so saddened by her ending.

And they keep playing with those emotions across BotW and TotK.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Never been a huge fan of Midna's Lament and the lousy samples really hurt it. Follow Fi has better production values and sounds fresher.

Kazer

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Following Fi - but I'd prefer Fi's Farewell as posted above.

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
Between the 2 options in the poll I think Midna's lament is the better one, mainly because of the context of when it plays in the game.

Follow Fi evokes a feeling of mystery and wonder while Midna's Lament is more of a sad song, I think a fairer comparison would have been using Fi's Farewell because the feelings it gives are similar to Midna's Lament and in that case I prefer the first one.

JorSneezy

Oct 17, 2019
I always love the end of Skyward Sword because of the music. You have some sullen moments with a character and other moments, fade to black, and then credits hit with the full fucking Skyward Sword fanfare. Horns blazing. Such a confident moment for the game. It knew it was an epic.