• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Let's goooo!

In addition to 60fps, the port now runs on Linux, and new features such as save states, Gameshark-style cheats and accessibility features such as voice descriptions have been added to the game.

Ship of Harkinian brought Zelda: Ocarina of Time to PC earlier this year with many new features such as HD graphics, ultra-widescreen resolution, keyboard support, modding support, force feedback and gyroscope aiming.

The mods are available on their Discord, and you can use a Gamecube PAL rom (no debug rom needed anymore) to build the port.

www.videogameschronicle.com

Zelda: Ocarina of Time’s PC port now supports 60fps, save states, Linux and more | VGC

The fully functioning fan-made PC port of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, ‘Ship of Harkinian’ now supports 60 frames per second.

Download from their Discord:

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.

They also have announced a partnership with Render98:

60fps demonstration:

Edit: I have change it a few thing of the OT to make it more clear.
Edit 2: Also added a 60fps demonstration.

Last edited:

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Does it work with other versions of OOT other than the Gamecube Master Quest Debug version that only like, 2 people outside of Nintendo actually legally own yet?

Cause that's all I've been waiting for.

OP
OP
Winnie

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Does it work with other versions of OOT other than the Gamecube Master Quest Debug version that only like, 2 people outside of Nintendo actually legally own yet?

Cause that's all I've been waiting for.

You don't need the debug one anymore, any regular Ocarina of Time PAL rom extracted from the Gamecube version should work.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Great stuff.

Also fascinating how they got save states to work on a native port.

OP
OP
Winnie

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
Also add that, yes there's a Linux version now but the Windows one works perfectly through proton on the Steam Deck too!

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I thought the Ocarina of Time Render98 thing was just the person doing it for fun? Did I miss them saying they were going to release the models for use?

OP
OP
Winnie

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
I thought the Ocarina of Time Render98 thing was just the person doing it for fun? Did I miss them saying they were going to release the models for use?

They have announced this partnership with Render98 on the Direct they have made a few hours ago, and they talk about the "Render98 team", so i guess that it isn't one person anymore?

Timestamp:

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
Very impressive that it's running so smoothly, but after being with the original for so long, the 60fps just looks too weird to me

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy how wrong this looks to me! But it is so impressive. A really outstanding effort!

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
This looks really weird. It's the same unsettling feeling I get from watching Youtube anime OPs that use AI interpolation for "60 FPS".

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Had a quick go, it's incredible ❤️ as expected the game benefits massively from the fps bump, no way I'd ever want to go back to the original now. I love all the clever quality of life tweaks too!

TheMink

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Connecticut
I don't about y'all but when he started moving in 60fps I just about fell put of my chair. I feel like I've seen it look like a slide show for such a long time that was the only way it COULD look like. 😂

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I don't about y'all but when he started moving in 60fps I just about fell put of my chair. I feel like I've seen it look like a slide show for such a long time that was the only way it COULD look like. 😂
Thinking the same thing. That's like ... quadruple the frame rate!!

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
60fps OoT is a genuine megaton. Can't wait to see how the mod scene progresses over the next few years. Fingers crossed MM isn't far behind either!

Modding communities are the best

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Looking at the 60 fps clip, it seems they fixed the animation and physics so they work correctly. There's a youtube video by ZFG in which he demonstrates what happens when you increase the fps to 60 in the N64 version. Lots of stuff breaks. For example, backflips and side jumps happen super quickly and you get no distance.

I imagine there are still tons of (minor) bugs that need to be fixed before the 60fps mod leaves beta stage.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Holy shit that looks smooth, I also like how the pickups are now in 3D instead of sprites. This is now the definitive way to paly this game.

Sambumbia-PR

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Good lord. Using reshade CRT Royale and BFI (OLED Motion Pro) on an LG C1 is godlike stuff.

Graphics setting crash a lot when changing resolution, but other than that, its great.

If someone cares to try and improve upon it, heres the CRT Files. Just unzip and cut/paste to the where soh.exe is located.

Last edited:

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Amazing. Cant wait to try it with Reshade CRT Royale.

Link for Royale

Link for Reshade

Does Royale even work at higher than 240p resolutions?

For example, If people want to render the game at 4K (this being on PC and all...), with scanlines on top, Royale wouldn't work right?

I guess some Film Noise-Grain or regular scanlines could work well at those resolutions.

Sambumbia-PR

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
Does Royale even work at higher than 240p resolutions?

For example, If people want to render the game at 4K (this being on PC and all...), with scanlines on top, Royale wouldn't work right?

I guess some Film Noise-Grain or regular scanlines could work well at those resolutions.
It does helps in the low res textures of the game most of all. Like when you enter the Kakariko Store. Maybe its just me, im no expert, im just sharing something i liked.

OP
OP
Winnie

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
NTSC support is coming:
ua7-YZ9-KX4s.png