• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
My 12 year old has a giant crush on her so I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode of KC Undercover and the one she did before. I like her and she can sing. So this is cool.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, man, now I'm hoping real hard The Rock gets to play Triton.
Say it with me, Jason Momoa. Look he's even in costume already!

470391c2ebfaf2f1807babae13ad05a3.png

KingFox

May 17, 2018
Just get Zac Efron as Prince Eric to recreate The Greatest Showman magic. Really liked her in that one. And Spider-Man.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zendaya taking every redheaded role in Hollywood while turning down the roles meant for dark-skinned women is my favorite thing.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Zendaya is a pretty bad actress but she fits the role. And how much acting is really required for these Disney live action mediocrities.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zendaya said in an interview not long ago that she told her agent that if a casting call specified a white woman for a role to send her in for the audition so she can steal it LOL. Honestly a queen.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Lmfao the fuck bruh?? People are really trying to put science into a movie about a fucking mermaid who talks to fish lmfao

People complain about this shit all the time. Not really anything new when it comes to adaptions...

Hell people still complain about Iron Fist being caucasian, even though that's what his comic book counter part was. So naturally now it's the other way around.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zendaya said in an interview not long ago that she told her agent that if a casting call specified a white woman for a role to send her in for the audition so she can steal it LOL. Honestly a queen.

I honestly don't know why race is a thing for auditions. I mean, I understand that writers imagine how their characters look to the smallest details, but I dunno... just give everyone a chance to audition, they might blow your away.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would have pictured someone with a little more comedy background, as the Ariel character is mute for half the movie and there's a good amount of physical comedy. I'm fairly ambivalent to this casting.

She'll sure look purty on the posters though.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Serious question: are gingers considered a minority or protected class? If they are, then Z might be a problematic choice. If they are not protected, who gives a shit?

Prophaniti

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly don't know why race is a thing for auditions. I mean, I understand that writers imagine how their characters look to the smallest details, but I dunno... just give everyone a chance to audition, they might blow your away.
Obviously it depends on the movie. It doesn't matter what a mermaid looks like in this movie. If I'm doing a story about a racist cop seeking redemption or a movie about Julius Caesar then casting would matter more.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
She is capable of singing so that's really all I need to be happier than I was with fucking Emma Watson playing Belle.

But if the live action Beauty and the Beast is any indication, this movie will still suck balls.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I look at her and I think Ariel, certainly looks the part and she can sing, which should cut down on auto tune thankfully. Plus, bonus, I'm not thinking harry potter whenever I see her for the entire film.

(I hated beauty and the beast)

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Serious question: are gingers considered a minority or protected class? If they are, then Z might be a problematic choice. If they are not protected, who gives a shit?
Of course not but it doesn't stop redheads from taking umbrage over how frequently it seems to happen. Considering how many were probably bullied over their appearance and latched onto redheaded characters as representing them I don't think it's unfair to understand where they'd come from.