• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

jobs.zenimax.com

ZeniMax Jobs

ZeniMax creates and publishes original interactive entertainment content for PC/Mac, previous and next-gen consoles, and mobile devices.

they recently opened another studio in San Diego
www.resetera.com

ZeniMax Online is expanding with a new studio in San Diego, working on a new AAA IP, next TESO's expansion to be revealed at the Game Awards News

ZeniMax Online Studios is expanding with a satellite studio in San Diego, working on a new AAA IP An additional studio to work on a new IP. https://www.windowscentral.com/zenimax-online-studios-expanding-satellite-studio-san-diego

thanks to Theorry fo posting the news in another thread

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
The amount of layoffs in the future due to this will be massive..
... sorry for this remark..;)

Great to hear about the expansion, MS is firing on all cylinders in terms of job openings/possibilities for devs.

Nov 8, 2017
As I said elsewhere when I noticed the job posting, I hope this is legitimately a new branch and not just a rebrand of Roundhouse. We still don't have any jobs listings on zenimax for them, despite being acquired 16 months ago. And no website. And no linked in page. And they're also located in Madison.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As I said elsewhere when I noticed the job posting, I hope this is legitimately a new branch and not just a rebrand of Roundhouse. We still don't have any jobs listings on zenimax for them, despite being acquired 16 months ago. And no website. And no linked in page. And they're also located in Madison.
hm... i hope not. if that was their plan for the studio i don't know why they would mention them by name in their roundtable video.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
These guys are huge, I wonder if this is all for their new IP or another project in parallel to that?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Huh...if true, this rebranding means they'll just relegated into a support studio for the Elder Scrolls mmo.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Time will (maybe) tell, but all signs point to significant job creation within XGS and BGS, rather than layoffs.

Sep 7, 2020
Just like Sony's expansion of a new studio yesterday, this is awesome. More studios across the industry is always great.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's likely going to be plenty of both. These aren't mutually exclusive things. They will likely hire more developers, layoff marketing, etc.
Yeah it's possible. But there's increased scale for all non-creative roles. But the more they hire, the more games they make, and the more marketing is needed, the more infrastructure support is needed and so on.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just like Sony's expansion of a new studio yesterday, this is awesome. More studios across the industry is always great.
yeah, it's nice. it feels like recently we've heard a lot about new studios opening or existing ones expanding to be multi-team developers. a few years ago there was so much news about studios shutting down.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder why Wisconsin? I didn't think we were necessarily a hotbed of game developing talent...

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I wonder why Wisconsin? I didn't think we were necessarily a hotbed of game developing talent...
University of Wisconsin is right there. They have a good CS program. Proximity to Chicago can attract talent too. Raven is also there, as well as Epic (The medical software company, which is well over 10,000 employees), so there are reasons for programmers to be in the area. Decentralising game development is a good idea. Not that Madison is cheap, but it's far less expensive than so many other game dev hubs.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
University of Wisconsin is right there. They have a good CS program. Proximity to Chicago can attract talent too. Raven is also there, as well as Epic (The medical software company, which is well over 10,000 employees), so there are reasons for programmers to be in the area. Decentralising game development is a good idea. Not that Madison is cheap, but it's far less expensive than so many other game dev hubs.

Google and Amazon also have smaller presence here as well, along with some biotech firms. Im glad to see more game companies come to the area.

buckyfan

Feb 9, 2021

PUBG has an office here in Madison. There's a 50+ employee mobile game company here called PerBlue. Human Head was here. Raven was the lead developer of the #1 game in sales of 2020.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Google and Amazon also have smaller presence here as well, along with some biotech firms. Im glad to see more game companies come to the area.
True, and same.

PUBG has an office here in Madison. There's a 50+ employee mobile game company here called PerBlue. Human Head was here. Raven was the lead developer of the #1 game in sales of 2020.
I had no idea there was a PUBG office there. I left Madison shortly after PUBG blew up. Forgot about Human Head. Guessing by your username you're a fellow Badger?

buckyfan

Feb 9, 2021
True, and same.

I had no idea there was a PUBG office there. I left Madison shortly after PUBG blew up. Forgot about Human Head. Guessing by your username you're a fellow Badger?

PUBG has office space on the Capitol square, actually. Seen the sign in the window. Yeah I'm a Madison native and UW CS grad. I worked at Epic when they were way smaller, started when they had fewer than 100 employees. 1995-2000. I work for a small technology company in Madison called Sonic Foundry.