Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

30% for Series sound pretty good. Next to the logic reason he gives. It seems S has quite alot of stock. As its available at many places still atm.
Guess maybe so that retailers have enough arround the holiday.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, that's the logic I would think as well. Same as the PS5 vs PS5 DE, people who go and preorder these the first day, the first hour, are the ones that want the best, so the "lesser" (so to speak) model is not as important.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I'm thinking it's the same for PS5 DE, it explains why there was less DE's available during online Pre-order. makes sense cuz those prices would make it a great impulse buy

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Also, the Series S is still available in some places as expected, with the Series X sold out so it seems they made a good judgement there.

I CAN'T WAIT

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
The local GameStop's stock barely got any series S preorders, was like 6 Xs to two or three Ss.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Makes sense, if anything thought it might have been even more focused on series x.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Not surprised. Though the Gamestop I went to the Series X was sold out even before preorders started. They only had two Series S.

Jul 20, 2020
Makes sense since early adopters tend to be enthusiast. I would expect as time goes on it'll shift more to favor the S. Especially during the holidays.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense, that's the logic I would think as well. Same as the PS5 vs PS5 DE, people who go and preorder these the first day, the first hour, are the ones that want the best, so the "lesser" (so to speak) model is not as important.
as an enthusiast the Digital PS5 is superior to me.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. In the UK, it was a lot easier to get a Series S since they were just not sold out after an hour in some places. It's not the console people want and need to get day 1 though.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It's not like the PS5 situation at all.
It's not 1:1 of course, the value proposition of the DE and Series S are completely different, but the situation among enthusiasts is quite similar, these people (very likely) will buy the more expensive machine.

Have people released similar numbers for the PS5?
A source at one major UK retailer said their company's stock allocation had been around 25 per cent Digital Edition versus 75 per cent regular PS5, though this might vary slightly from store to store.

Other sources claimed the ratio was even higher, with ratios around 20 per cent Digital Edition to 80 per cent regular PS5 suggested.

Over the weekend, Ars Technica polled GameStop stores in the US and found a similar situation over the pond. Stock allocation for nine GameStop outlets across the country ranged from as low as 13 per cent Digital Edition up to 33 per cent, with an overall average of 25 per cent Digital Edition stock altogether.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...stock-far-lower-than-standard-ps5-sources-say

Phillips455

Oct 31, 2017
Scotland
Makes sense. I mean, die hard fans are going to go after the X as that is who it is designed for. The series S is mainly targeted at the casual COD and FIFA users who woundn't be the ones to pre order a new console. I still believe that the series S will sell more after launch as more and more people decided that a new console is required (support for Xbox one and ps4 drops) and the S will be challenging for these customers instead of the die hard fans.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
1) Early adopters are willing to pay more and are usually the most invested.
2) People on here were under the illusion that the general public viewed anything over ÂŁ400 as expensive, but relative to what you are getting and comparing it to other gadgets it is extremely reasonable.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds about right.

The problem is that I bought the X for the grunt. But man, the S is ssooooooo purdy.

Might need to convince myself to not buy both and get a new Android tablet for streaming instead.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

30% for Series sound pretty good. Next to the logic reason he gives. It seems S has quite alot of stock. As its available at many places still atm.
Guess maybe so that retailers have enough arround the holiday.

Series S is still available in many places? Where? Or are you talking outside of the US?

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
This makes sense in the beginning. Series X is for the enthusiast and Xbox fans, those who often are early adopters. Long term it will likely be reversed.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
This isn't surprising. Early adopters are often enthusiasts. Long term I expect the Series S to catch up as it's $200 cheaper.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Sounds about right. I know my local GS had 6 Series Xs and 2 Series Ss, and saw a lot of similar numbers.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
It's not 1:1 of course, the value proposition of the DE and Series S are completely different, but the situation among enthusiasts is quite similar, these people (very likely) will buy the more expensive machine.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...stock-far-lower-than-standard-ps5-sources-say
I'd say there would be some enthusiasts would want the diskless model of the PS5 as they are more hardcore and happy to pay for digital games and forgo trading in games and make purchasing new games cheaper. So the disk version of the PS5 is actually more attractive to non hardcore gamers

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Yeah, that makes sense. Early adopters are going to go for the best version. That ratio may shift as we move into next gen with more casual gamers picking up the S

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah makes sense. I would prioritize Series X as well as far as preorders are concerned.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Pretty much expected and in line with PS5. This will of course change, but at launch this was always 100% expected.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can still preorder it on the microsoft store in Canada lmao, you can see the difference in demande between the S and X

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 DE is a deliberate choice for people who are going full digital. Otherwise you can call both models enthusiast.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I think it can go either way. It isn't guaranteed the S will outsell the X in the long run.

Could be possible the S is just simply seen as a gimped option.