• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
So did Zillow.... pay.... anyone (?) for this?

Or is the corporation that destroyed housing in the US blatantly just ripping off whatever it pleases?

It feels like the general lack of accountability for AI theft has really emboldened companies.

SweetCheeks

Jan 30, 2024
If you haven't watched Bluey because you think its just a kids show ... WATCH Bluey

It touches on some real adult themes in a good way.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017

Or is the corporation that destroyed housing in the US blatantly just ripping off whatever it pleases?

It feels like the general lack of accountability for AI theft has really emboldened companies.

Yeah, that was my first thought as well

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

They never mention Bluey or anything specific to them; it's just merely implied which means they don't have to pay anyone to do that. Also, this isn't some new thing that is done because people feel embolden by AI theft; this technique has been done for decades to reference things. Like this was done 20 years ago:

43oWZgM.png

Mango Pilot

Apr 8, 2024
If you haven't watched Bluey because you think its just a kids show ... WATCH Bluey

It touches on some real adult themes in a good way.
No. It's a kids show.

I can get adults themes in things aimed at adults.

I'm glad parents who are forced to watch it can find some enjoyment but lol at asking adults to watch a preschooler show

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
No. It's a kids show.

I'm glad parents who are forced to watch it can find some enjoyment but lol at asking adults to watch a preschooler show

Plenty of adults without kids watch it and enjoy it. It's not just adult parents watching it let alone being forced to watch it.

Mango Pilot

Apr 8, 2024
lmao i watch bluey without my kid because it's good
Its literally a show aimed at preschoolers. No harm in that. But why on earth are adults watching it.

I didn't come in to make fun of the show, just laughed at the idea "adult's should watch preschooler entertainment."

People can watch what they want but its extremely weird if its not some Stockholm syndrome situation and they're watching it without kids.
I can confidently say that Bluey is better than your favorite show.
I can confidently say it's not.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Its literally a show aimed at preschoolers. No harm in that. But why on earth are adults watching it.

I didn't come in to make fun of the show, just the idea "adult's should watch preschooler entertainment"

Why are you so judgemental and offended it can be enjoyed by adults?

Jan 18, 2018
No. It's a kids show.

If it's good it's good. Folks can watch it.
What a very narrow minded perception

I didn't come in to make fun of the show, just the idea "adult's should watch preschooler entertainment"

Confidence does not negate ignorance. As we can see here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

I didn't come in to make fun of the show, just laughed at the idea "adult's should watch preschooler entertainment."

People can watch what they want but its extremely weird if its not some Stockholm syndrome situation and they're watching it without kids.

Have you ever watched an episode?

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
No. It's a kids show.

People are piling on you but yeah, would agree. I watch it as have a child and it's a top notch kids shows that definitely speaks to parents, but wouldn't target watching it over anything else if didn't have a child and it's not must see TV for all.

Clearly it's some people's jams, and watch whatever you want at the end of the day, but childless adults don't need to go flocking to watch Bluey. Lots of better entertainment to consume.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
People are piling on you but yeah, would agree. I watch it as have a child and it's a top notch kids shows that definitely speaks to parents, but wouldn't target watching it over anything else if didn't have a child and it's not must see TV for all.

Clearly it's some people's jams, and watch whatever you want at the end of the day, but childless adults don't need to go flocking to watch Bluey. Lots of better entertainment to consume.
People are piling on because they're acting like an asshole.

Mango Pilot

Apr 8, 2024

That's all I'm saying. I'm not attacking the show

But there's this weird contingent of people on the internet who feel the need to appropriate children's entertainment as something more powerful or important than children's entertainment.

I'm glad its a good show for its target audience, I just laughed at need to pretend adults should be watching it.

Have you ever watched an episode?
I've seen some when I've been around children at get togethers and adults turn it on for them. Its a good show for them.

Because they like it. It's okay that you don't have interest or won't have interest because it's aimed at children. In cases where people like a thing that I don't like and crow about it I normally just let people enjoy things without being kind of a downer.
I responded to a comment implying "adults should watch it," I responded. "Let people enjoy things" doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
That's all I'm saying. I'm not attacking the show

But there's this weird contingent of people on the internet who feel the need to appropriate children's entertainment as something more powerful or important than children's entertainment.

I'm glad its a good show for its target audience, I just laughed at need to pretend adults should be watching it.

Nobody is trying to appropriate a children's show. What people are saying is it's not just a show that appeals or targets just children. It has a wide range in appeal just like Pixar films do. There's a reason why people say it's not like other children's shows and it's because they do touch on topics that other shows don't. The show doesn't dumb things down for children but rather makes it appealing to all ages. There's a wide range of articles and people who explain why it has such a wide age appeal and not simply a show for preschoolers and yet you want to confidently declare what the show is when people are telling you that your description is wrong.

I responded to a comment implying "adults should watch it," I responded. "Let people enjoy things" doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

This is some weird spin of what you said when we can all clearly read what you said just a few posts up.

Oct 28, 2017

"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
You can and do, but you could have kept it to yourself and kept moving. Just seems mean spirited and unnecessary.

I'm going to dip out and try not to derail this thread anymore.

fundogmo

Oct 25, 2017
Wildass thread derail on a forum for videogames. Anyway....

They never mention Bluey or anything specific to them; it's just merely implied which means they don't have to pay anyone to do that. Also, this isn't some new thing that is done because people feel embolden by AI theft; this technique has been done for decades to reference things. Like this was done 20 years ago:

43oWZgM.png
Fair point, but that's a one off joke. Even when Arby's was making the cardboard cutouts from various properties, that didn't really bother me.

My cynicism derives from an OBJECTIVELY SHITTY COMPANY MAKING THE WORLD WORSE co-opting ideas and associating itself with GOOD THING in an attempt to make money. Basically an accelerated version of this:

aGEoxRK_460s.jpg

OP
OP
Darknight

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Wildass thread derail on a forum for videogames. Anyway....

Fair point, but that's a one off joke. Even when Arby's was making the cardboard cutouts from various properties, that didn't really bother me.

My cynicism derives from an OBJECTIVELY SHITTY COMPANY MAKING THE WORLD WORSE co-opting ideas and associating itself with GOOD THING in an attempt to make money. Basically an accelerated version of this:

aGEoxRK_460s.jpg

You can hate Zillow, and I'm not saying you shouldn't but I'm just saying what they did has nothing to do with being embolden by AI theft and is something that has been done for decades in TV shows, movies, and commercials. It's not something new at all and again has nothing even remotely to do with what's going on with AI.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
This is the first of heard of adults watching bluey. Honestly, in not even sure how an adult would know about the show existing without kids.

waterpuppy

Too green for a tag
Jul 17, 2021
This is the first of heard of adults watching bluey. Honestly, in not even sure how an adult would know about the show existing without kids.
Bluey went somewhat viral on Tiktok a few years ago resulting in a lot of people who usually would not be exposed to it getting it shoved into their feed.

But like... Adults watching and enjoying kid shows despite not having kids is not new.