• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 22002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bummer they are remaking the first and not the second, since the second was Amiga and Atari Jaguar exclusive, so very few people ever played it.

I'm sure there is an MS-DOS port of Zool2, I know because i owned the game and I never owned any of those systems. And I agree, it was a massive improvement, and actually a pretty fun game!

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Game was hard if irc. I did quite enjoy it back in the day though. But Fire and Ice was tough af. Also they should redo Harlequin. A weird and tough game also.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
How much of a remake/remaster is this gonna be?
It's becoming a harder sell for retro games that don't have significant QoL features or updates to the original design.

Metroid Zero Mission is a no brainer, but Blaster Master Zero would be a better, lower-scope example on how to update a classic.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
How much of a remake/remaster is this gonna be?
It's becoming a harder sell for retro games that don't have significant QoL features or updates to the original design.

Metroid Zero Mission is a no brainer, but Blaster Master Zero would be a better, lower-scope example on how to update a classic.
From the Steam page it seems to just be carrying the visual theme of the levels over.

Teh Radge

Oct 31, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Zool Redimensioned on Steam

The Ninja of the Nth Dimension is back! Explore vibrant retro landscapes, discover hidden secrets and take down menacing bosses in a modern reimagining of the classic action platforming adventure Zool.
This is out now. Anyone bitten yet?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, just checked some gameplay and it's just a wide-screen remaster of the Mega Drive version.
That's a pass then lol.