Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've noticed this for a while now and I just feel I have to rant: They don't appreciate older titles all the way back from the PS1. PS2 and PS3 era. Maybe even further back. They don't know the struggle of running out of space and getting memory cards in plastic packaging. Nowadays, they get off lightly with having extra storage space with their HDD's (soon to be SSD's for consoles) I'd even go as far as to say they don't play older games because the controls are abit awkward and "hard to get used to" And whatever happened to cheat codes? And magazines with demos in? I miss those days. It was simpler times. Maybe it's just me though being old and reminiscing how times have changed (most likely)

Edit: Okk, so I got said title wrong. I thought Millennials is year 2000 onwards. We all make mistakes. Don't crucify me. I am just an old man yelling at cloud afterall ;)

Last edited:

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
In before the "ok boomer" reply

to be far, despite growing up with video games since Atari, older games just don't appeal to me anymore.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Ahem.

'ok boomer'

Is that right?

In other news: there's a wealth of games and histories that people don't appreciate, any which way.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Have you considered that maybe the reason you and me appreciate them is because we grew up with them, and people u complain about didn't?

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
People simply lack perspective. I don't necessarily blame them, but it's disappointing to see people dismiss great achievements just because it's not up to their impossible standards. You have to be able to view things in context of their time. I always die a little inside when someone says "this aged badly".

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
>"Older Games"
>"all the way back from the PS1. PS2 and PS3 era"

There's something ironic here, but i can't quite put it into words

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
With Milleniels being around 30 now, I think they are the prime candidates for Ps1 Nostalgia...
Wrong generation?

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
I'm a 'millenial', I'm 30. Grew up with Atari, NES, SNES, etc...

And I still don't like those games.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i think you mean zoomers or whatever? millenials technically grew up with ps1/n64 ect

but yeah as an atari 2600 kid reading some posts w/r/t 'old games' can be mind boggling. but it's whatever though

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i tried to play Live A Live the other day and a piece of toast shaped like a batarang smeared with avocado knocked the cart out of my hand

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If it's SNES or before I 90% of the time don't give a shit lol.
Big reason why so many indie titles just aren't of interest to me, that isn't a period of gaming I care about going back to.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bro folks need to stop using the word millennial as a catch all term for all young people. I'm a millennial and have owned consoles since the NES when I was like 6 years old.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Do they have to though? I look back (via YouTube long plays) at some of the "top tier" Amiga games I grew up on and I wouldn't even go anywhere near them nowadays. I didn't have a NES way back when but I my experiences on Switch Online pretty much underline that these games are simply not good now. There is nothing to appreciate really, quite fine for anyone fresh to gaming to not have to go back and school themselves on archaic titles.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay Boomer. What the hell are you talking about OP. I think you mean Zoomers. Millennials like myself grew up on SNES, GameBoy, N64, PS1 etc. Hell my first console was a NES and a MegaDrive.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, I started on a PS1 when I was less than 10 years old, and now I can't even go back to PS2 without shit feeling janky despite growing up on PS1-3

Games are only getting better and better as developers get more and more experienced.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really miss everything about the old days, but I do miss single player games. Kids these days just pick their favorite live service multiplayer game and play it all the time. Now you have to have the Star Wars license to have a successful single player game.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Hey now. I'm a millenial and I love older games. I was born in 1985 and my first console was a NES. I think you mean Gen Z, which is my son's generation. My son can't really play any retro games as he can't get over the dated graphics. He is however very impressed that the old consoles that used cartridges had no load times. Blows his mind.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love how he edited the OP after noticing his goof with the PS1

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Ok Boomer.

Millenials are the ones that bought all the old games you talk of.
The generation you want to generalize and talk shit about are the Zoomers.

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
I cant even stand many old games myself now that I've gotten used to modern controls and QOL features so it's no wonder that people who were born with modern games cant adapt themselves to old ass games.
This thread just feels like old man yelling at clouds tbh, with all due respect to OP.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're aware the Millennial generation is from early 80s to mid 90s, right? Like, literally growing up on NES, SNES and PS1 eras?

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Millenials grew up with those games tho...

I think you got your generations wrong

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i came home last night and a millennial was filling my Intellivision cartridges with cloud eggs

Tracker_TD

Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

ANALOG FRONTIERS - Part 1: The World of Vintage Gaming / MY LIFE IN GAMING

Analog Frontiers is a documentary series about the people and technology that keep classic gaming alive. Part 1 introduces eight key contributors to the scen...

How helpful that My Life in Gaming literally just released a documentary with an entire section dedicated to proving this mindset wrong. Not even Millienial-wise, more the group I think you're actually talking about (you're straight up daft if you think actual millennials don't care for older games)

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Uh, no. Milennials are the ones that all this PS1/N64 nostalgia bait is aimed at with Banjo in Smash, Crash remasters etc.