• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
HD-wallpaper-zoro-badass-op-onepiece-anime.jpg

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Reading the title of this thread made me think we were back in the 90s. This concept sounds awful. If they hire me, I will make a better idea in 24 hours.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just love how Hollywood seems to think young people don't like medieval/pre-industrial revolution period films despite Lord of the Rings being a part of everyone's childhood.

Oh and Game of Fucking Thrones being a thing...

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Does he still somehow leave a big Z behind after he hacks someone?

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I just love how Hollywood seems to think young people don't like medieval/pre-industrial revolution period films despite Lord of the Rings being a part of everyone's childhood.

Oh and Game of Fucking Thrones being a thing...
Yeah, but those have dragons and other fantastical elements. They're not The Last Duel where it's Medieval setting is dry and serious. Young people are growing up on Critical Role and other hard fantasy based medieval stuff.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
This is actually a kind of fascinating way to take advantage of public domain

I can envision the story being that Zorro was either a pulp novel/movie character, or even a real historical hero, that this young protagonist grew up with, maybe it was something his Dad grew up with too and he passed it down to his son, and now that he's in a very different world than the one Zorro lived in he finds himself in a position to do some modern age heroics and adopts the moniker as a sort of spiritual dream fulfillment kind of thing.

Much more interesting that just hey it's another Zorro movie

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
NO

NO

NO

FUCK THIS

Sorry, but Zorro is a big part of my childhood being one of the few Latino heroes I grew up with and FUCKING HELL THIS SOUNDS SO DUMB

ALL OF THIS.

Been waiting a little over 20 years for a new Zorro movie (Legend of Zorro doesn't count), and THIS is the best they can come up with?!

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I can envision the story being that Zorro was either a pulp novel/movie character, or even a real historical hero, that this young protagonist grew up with, maybe it was something his Dad grew up with too and he passed it down to his son, and now that he's in a very different world than the one Zorro lived in he finds himself in a position to do some modern age heroics and adopts the moniker as a sort of spiritual dream fulfillment kind of thing.

Heaven forbid we fucking get more Latino action heroes. Its not like we're grossly underrepresented there or anything...

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
ALL OF THIS.

Been waiting a little over 20 years for a new Zorro movie (Legend of Zorro doesn't count), and THIS is the best they can come up with?!
Who is they Alex Rivera is an indie filmmaker with a deep interest in immigration and border politics and saw an opportunity to maybe explore that with a recognizable IP that will get some more eyes on the issues.

Maybe he should be given a chance... this is the beauty of Public Domain.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Heaven forbid we fucking get more Latino action heroes. Its not like we're grossly underrepresented there or anything...

Alex Rivera - Wikipedia

This is the artist behind the project

I think his idea is interesting and it's the beauty of Public Domain that he gets to explore it through something like Zorro.

Unless it's because I said it sounds more interesting than another era accurate book accurate Zorro movie?

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
Some of you never want art to change, or would prefer less art.

Re-examine this mode of thinking, please.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'll just say it's so telling that no one has bothered to look into the artist whatsoever before jumping to comparisons to cash in major Hollywood films.

Dec 12, 2017

Yeah, not sure if there's an appetite for a classic Zorro in 2022

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Who is they Alex Rivera is an indie filmmaker with a deep interest in immigration and border politics and saw an opportunity to maybe explore that with a recognizable IP that will get some more eyes on the issues.

Maybe he should be given a chance... this is the beauty of Public Domain.

They is usually referring to whoever greenlights this shit--or maybe it's just me who does that.

As for Alex Rivera himself, that's an interesting tidbit, thanks for sharing, but if this project ever gets off the ground, I doubt anything meaningful he wants to say, makes it into a final cut.

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong though

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever greenlights this shit--come on.

As for Alex Rivera himself, that's an interesting tidbit, thanks for sharing, but if this project ever gets off the ground, I doubt anything meaningful he wants to say, makes it into a final cut.

I'll eat crow if I'm wrong though
?

He's writing and directing it.... and it's an indy film.

We have nothing to go on but his words not anyone else's

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
What's funny is that hacking/cyber security "work" is incredibly boring unless you are in the industry (and even then :P). Converting an action movie like Zorro into "hacking" movie is just dumb.

Although I have to say that going with Z0rr0 for hacker's nick is just amazing!

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Alongside the other trailer I posted this is his other major film

A drama/documentary hyrbid