Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

‘Witcher’ Season 4 Casts Sharlto Copley, James Purefoy, Danny Woodburn (EXCLUSIVE)

"The Witcher" Season 4 has cast Sharlto Copley, James Purefoy, and Danny Woodburn, Variety has learned exclusively.

Copley will play the infamous bounty hunter Leo Bonhart from "The Witcher" novels. Purefoy will play Skellen, a high-ranking spy and court advisor to Emhyr who is also a prominent figure in the novels. Woodburn will play Zoltan, a fan favorite dwarf character from the novels and "Witcher" video games.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
My friend told me that Resident Alien was getting popular on Netflix a few weeks ago I think. Happy to hear it even though I haven't watched it even though I like Alan Tudyk. He is one of the reasons I am trying/tried to give Grimsburg a shot. I should add that to my growing list of shoes. It's been a while since I tried a SyFy show

Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

Kurt Sutter Netflix Western Series ‘The Abandons’ Adds Four to Cast, Including ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Alum Ryan Hurst (EXCLUSIVE)

Kurt Sutter's upcoming western series "The Abandons" is rounding out its cast with the addition of four actors in recurring roles

Variety has learned exclusively that Ryan Hurst, Michael Greyeyes, Michiel Huisman, and Toby Hemingway have all joined the Netflix series in recurring roles. Exact character details are being kept under wraps.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Elsbeth returned yesterday after its month long break following its premiere. I enjoyed it more this time because I felt like I was taking it too seriously before. Viewing it as something meant to be silly and where there is a ton of happenstance to solve the crime, it became a more entertaining show.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
deadline.com

‘Tulsa King’: Frank Grillo Joins Season 2 Of Paramount+ Series From MTVE Studios

Frank Grillo has joined the Season 2 cast of Taylor Sheridan’s Paramount+ original series Tulsa King, as a new series regular.
Good signing. Looking forward to the next season, was a fun show. Though I do hope the world seems more full in the new season. I assume it was COVID, but it was like that world had like a dozen people living in it, total.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What did it say? The article is paywalled.
I won't clip the whole thing but this should be enough to get the gist.

"Girls5eva" appeared to get off to a decent start in its debut week on Netflix. Its first season ranked among the top 15 most streamed original TV seasons for the week by viewing time, with more than 116 million minutes viewed, according to Luminate's new streaming viewership charts. (This reflects the Friday-to-Thursday period of March 15-21 and accounts for the U.S. only.)

But troubling signs were already present: The second season ranked far below the first at no. 49, with just 45 million minutes viewed. The new Netflix-original third season did not crack the top 50.

By the following week, season 1 had sunk to no. 30 on the chart (S2 dropped off completely), with its viewership declining more than 50 percent to around 57 million minutes. That translates to around 252,000 estimated views, per the now-guild-certified metric dividing the season's total running time by its minutes streamed.

When examining day-to-day data on the series as a whole, it becomes even more apparent that few viewers completed the show. Following a high point in its first weekend of release, season 3 never again crested 2.5 million minutes viewed in a single day.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
Girls5eva gets some hype here but I really didn't like it. Couldn't finish season 1 when it came out and have had no desire to go back. So it's unpopularity comes as no surprise to me.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah that rhymes with my experience. Started Girls5Eva, and dropped it midway through season 1. It just wasn't really all that funny.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
The Regime starring Kate Winslet ended its 6 episode season 1 run last night on HBO, anyone watch it all? Good, bad, indifferent? Reviewers are pretty low on the show and I have never heard a single person talk about it so seems like one of those shows that will just vanish.

Curb also finished season 12, and the next big HBO show is gonna be The Sympathizer, the one with Robert Downey Jr set in the 1960s about a viet cong double agent. That one looked really good and might get me to reup my HBO sub before house of the dragons.

Amazon also seems likely to almost immediately announce season 2 of fallout when it airs in a few days, based on applying and receiving tax credits to relocate filming to CA for season 2

View: https://twitter.com/Knoebelbroet/status/1777344237807206498

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Regime starring Kate Winslet ended its 6 episode season 1 run last night on HBO, anyone watch it all? Good, bad, indifferent? Reviewers are pretty low on the show and I have never heard a single person talk about it so seems like one of those shows that will just vanish.

It was okay. It's only 6 episodes as you said. I dunno, whatever it was specifically being satirical kind of flew over my head, show felt all over the place, and wasn't particularly funny anyhow. Kate Winslet and Matthias Schoenaerts do both give great performances though, and the last 2 episodes were probably the highlight. But all things said, I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Not anything stellar, but the two leads are great so worth it for their performances imo

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
You two have given the most positive impressions I've read anywhere. The Regime seems almost universally disliked.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Streaming Profit Report: A Year Spent Chasing Netflix

A streaming promised land has not been reached by Hollywood powerhouses, Wall Street agrees. But it's instructive to look beyond quarterly earnings updates for a fuller picture.

An article about the profitability of various streaming services.
I didn't realize that WBD's streaming division also includes HB9, which makes me think Max itself isn't profitable and that division is proped up by HBO.

Oct 27, 2017

A streaming promised land has not been reached by Hollywood powerhouses, Wall Street agrees. But it's instructive to look beyond quarterly earnings updates for a fuller picture.

I didn't realize that WBD's streaming division also includes HB9, which makes me think Max itself isn't profitable and that division is proped up by HBO.
They're definitely not giving you the full picture. Max on its own is most likely not profitable but close enough compared to its competitors outside of Netflix. Once they rollout the international expansion, Max itself will probably be profitable by the end of this year or beginning of next year.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

I watched the first two episodes and they were just okay. I could never quite figure out the tone they were going for. Did mean to come back to it but I honestly forgot it existed until I saw an article about the finale and figured that's a sign that I should definitely just drop it.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I think Feinberg or someone called The Regime a boring version of The Great, for what it's worth. It's why I put it on my backlog anyway, particularly since I haven't seen The Great yet. lol

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

Man, Disney+ despite the issues has really locked itself down quick as the #2. Peacock is the interesting one for sure since they got a boost on the last year.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said in the other thread; watching this show felt like being a citizen of this imaginary country, it was shit.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Elsbeth returned yesterday after its month long break following its premiere. I enjoyed it more this time because I felt like I was taking it too seriously before. Viewing it as something meant to be silly and where there is a ton of happenstance to solve the crime, it became a more entertaining show.
Oh that's good to hear, I was wondering what the hell was going on after it premiered and then there were no more episodes coming.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
I think Feinberg or someone called The Regime a boring version of The Great, for what it's worth. It's why I put it on my backlog anyway, particularly since I haven't seen The Great yet. lol

I'd just skip both. The Great had a stunningly excellent S1 and a terrible S2 followed by an okay S3. Hard to recommend the complete package.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Lol that's a good way to describe it actually, but yea you should definitely give The Great a try at some point, loved it myself, it's hilarious

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Did they make some kind of big change in S2? I know it was cancelled but it seems to end at a decent place based on what I've read.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
Did they make some kind of big change in S2? I know it was cancelled but it seems to end at a decent place based on what I've read.

Mostly it is just fresh in S1 and the story is better. It becomes shallow and derivative in S2. S3 was certainly better and I did like how it ended. For me, the comedy's shine wore off after S1.

Oct 25, 2017
variety.com

‘Fallout’ Series Gets New Release Date on Prime Video

Prime Video has announced that the 'Fallout' series adaptation will premiere on April 10 at 6 p.m. PT.
Prime Video has announced that "Fallout," adapted from the retro-futuristic video game franchise of the same name, will premiere all eight episodes on April 10 at 6 p.m. PT. The special release includes a live global fan premiere of the first episode, where viewers worldwide can choose their faction and interact with other fans via a live chat function.