• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘The Neighborhood,’ ‘NCIS’ Renewed at CBS

The two shows anchor the network's Monday night.

Sydney's been renewed, now the flagship.

No Hawai'i?

First, great to hear it's renewed and it will be at 22 episodes. But also cautiously optimistic. I don't want to hear another "Oh, 'such and such' series regular is now a recurring role and will be leaving this season." Makes it hurt even more now that Street and Luca left with it being renewed again and now with even a possible season 9 (or more).

Yeah, I understand that's what likely helped it being saved, in cutting the cost. But I'd rather they just give it a proper send-off if they feel they need to keep dropping the regulars to cut costs for the show.

Finally, I am certain the final episode of the season has been written and possibly filmed. If so, it's going to be kind of strange with the renewal as the end of season 7 was certainly written (filmed?) as a series finale.

Edit: I guess it would help for me to read the entire article. So they are in the process of still filming the series finale and it still sets up for another season.

I saw the text first before the photo and my heart skipped. This show really deserved a proper ending. And from what I understand, Mallozzi really tried to get this revived but it just never panned out.

Last edited:

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
The only streaming app UX worse then Paramount+ comes to an end. Now P+ can take its rightful crown as the worst of the worst.

Can't say I agree. Mayor of Kingstown, Tulsa King, Star Trek: Discovery, Strange New Words, Lower Decks. As well as the shows I watch from CBS itself. And I've been catching up on a lot of the old CBS shows, as well. Just finished a run of the original MacGyver and now going through DS9. I also find the occasional new movie hitting Paramount+, also.

I honestly find less reason to watch Disney+. Their new shows are much less often and usually only Marvel or Star Wars. Which I enjoy, but they are coming even less often now. And they rarely release any new movies.

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly find less reason to watch Disney+. Their new shows are much less often and usually only Marvel or Star Wars. Which I enjoy, but they are coming even less often now. And they rarely release any new movies.
images

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Can't say I agree. Mayor of Kingstown, Tulsa King, Star Trek: Discovery, Strange New Words, Lower Decks. As well as the shows I watch from CBS itself. And I've been catching up on a lot of the old CBS shows, as well. Just finished a run of the original MacGyver and now going through DS9. I also find the occasional new movie hitting Paramount+, also.

I took what 9 was saying as a dig at the app itself (the UI/UX etc) moreso than the content on the app.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022

I took what 9 was saying as a dig at the app itself (the UI/UX etc) moreso than the content on the app.

Yup. I'm subbed to P+ most of the year. The content is fine. But it takes me literally 56 seconds of going through menus to load up the latest episode of Survivor. Absolutely stupid.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's why I'm glad those of us outside the US have had most of the Hulu stuff for so long. I'm gonna watch The Greatest Hits this weekend.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riDLqQ0Q15c

Cold Case reboot incoming? It ended in 2010. lol

deadline.com

‘Cold Case’ Reboot From Creator Meredith Stiehm Eyed By CBS

CBS is in negotiations with Warner Bros. TV for a reboot of 'Cold Case,' which aired on CBS for seven seasons from 2003-2010, Deadline has learned.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018

Disney+ wont be getting a new movie till like October/November with Inside Out 2. Wish was the last of their 2023 movies to act as premier content on Disney+ and they are out of non-Hulu target movies practically the entire first half of this year. Its an embarrassing lack of theatrical film content for Disney+ really for 2024

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Yup. I'm subbed to P+ most of the year. The content is fine. But it takes me literally 56 seconds of going through menus to load up the latest episode of Survivor. Absolutely stupid.

Right, you even said UX. Sorry.

Disney+ wont be getting a new movie till like October/November with Inside Out 2. Wish was the last of their 2023 movies to act as premier content on Disney+ and they are out of non-Hulu target movies practically the entire first half of this year. Its an embarrassing lack of theatrical film content for Disney+ really for 2024

Oh yes, still need to watch Wish. I actually should jump on that. Was actually lucky I got Crater in, was ridiculous how quickly they removed that.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Holy shit, a new daytime soap?
Yep, a black-centered soap.

www.resetera.com

2023/24 TV/Streaming Ratings/Cancellations |OT| The Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers: Cowards, Cutthroats & Weasels Since 1982 Entertainment

Wow, CBS and the NAACP just announced they're bringing to air a new daytime soap. It's the first new American soap since 1999 (Passions). https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-daytime-soap-headed-to-cbs/ That means it'll be the 4th soap on broadcast TV (3 at CBS, 1 at ABC). Days is on...

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
oh wow strange new worlds must be doing insane numbers if they have locked in not only season 3 but season 4 two years ahead of release. awesome, I love the show so much.

Bummer that Lower Decks is wrapping up its final season this year but it makes sense, its hard for new viewers to jump into any show more than 4-5 seasons so 5 seasons is a great wrapup point and it should do really well whenever it shows up on Netflix etc. Its an absolutely fantastic show that is super accessible but also deeply satisfying to any TNG/Voyager/Ds9 fan.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Some updates on NBC renewals from Deadline: https://deadline.com/2024/04/law-and-order-organized-crime-peacock-nibc-renewals-1235882537/

Quotes from the article:

EXCLUSIVE: First in a series on broadcast network series renewals. NBC is well ahead of the game this season on the renewal-decision front, handing early pickups to freshman dramas Found and The Irrational as well as One Chicago, Law & Order and Law & Order: SVU while canceling Quantum Leap, La Brea and Magnum PI.

That leaves just a headful of shows on the bubble, mostly on the comedy side. The one drama series still waiting to hear its fate is Law & Order: Organized Crime. It's always been an outlier, a departure from the Dick Wolf procedural brand with its darker and serialized storytelling. Possibly as a result, the series starring Christopher Meloni has performed below the five other Wolf dramas on the linear NBC network, while it has reportedly done well on Peacock.

That last part may prove key to Organized Crime's future, which has fans so worried they are launching petitions to help get the show renewed. I hear that if NBC opts not to proceed with Season 5 of Organized Crime, the series could migrate to Peacock, giving the NBCUniversal streamer an original Wolf drama series to go with the Wolf library and next-day runs of the Wolf Entertainment NBC series that are among the platform's most viewed titles.

According to sources, there are ongoing conversations about Organized Crime potentially moving to Peacock for Season 5. There is a blueprint for that — another series in the Law & Order franchise that started on NBC, Criminal Intent, made a successful transition to another platform, running on USA Network for four additional seasons after the initial six on NBC.

Likely factoring into NBC's decision on Organized Crime would be the internal reception and testing for network's two drama pilots, Suits: LA and Grosse Pointe Garden Society.

Likely not factoring into the decision for now is the future of NBC's 10 p.m. hour as there has been no further discussion of the network dropping the hour, a possibility that was explored two years ago. All three Chicago series, which air as a three-hour Wednesday lineup, have been renewed for next season.

Of NBC's three existing comedy series, Night Court — the most watched and highest-rated one — is considered likely to get renewed. I hear conversations with series producer Warner Bros TV are ongoing and moving along, making a renewal in the near future a strong possibility.

Sophomore Lopez vs Lopez and freshman Extended Family are both on shakier ground and heavily on the bubble, but each is believed to have a path to renewal under the right circumstances.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
Is New Worlds a good show if you have no investment at all in Star Trek? I love sci fi but I've mostly avoided Trek because I don't like the movies.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I haven't watched Strange New Worlds yet but I loved him as Pike in Discovery. He, and the writers, really made the character feel like what a Starfleet officer should actually be.
Yea, I liked him in Discovery as well, just never got around to watching SNW. I may need to change that soon. I think I postponed watching the first season to see if it would continue and then just forgot about it.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Is New Worlds a good show if you have no investment at all in Star Trek? I love sci fi but I've mostly avoided Trek because I don't like the movies.

New Worlds is not a hard sci-fi show if that's what you're into. It's very much a modern adaptation of the original series with lots of action, lots of emotion. Lots of boldly going where no one has gone before.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
New Worlds is wonderful, in my opinion. Anson Mount and the rest of the cast are just really really great. I'd say it is well worth checking out a few episodes of to see if you click with the cast and the way they are telling their Trek stories. It's often quite beautiful too. Both in a visual sense and story lines here and there that capture a good deal of emotion as Roland mentioned above.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
Is it similar in tone to like…Stargate? I've never seen a Star Trek show. I'll probably check it out at some point, just curious where it should be in my priorities.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
Is it similar in tone to like…Stargate? I've never seen a Star Trek show. I'll probably check it out at some point, just curious where it should be in my priorities.
More than anything that came before it out of current TV Trek. At least it doesn't try to have universe ending season long nonsense rather than being Star Trek. It's about a crew on a ship with mostly weekly episodic stories about their space adventures.

Stargate and Star Trek were never that similar in tone though. The cast size just makes them too different. It's why Stargate Universe failed. Stargate is about four wisecracking heroes going on sci-fi adventures. SNW has a fun cast, don't get me wrong, but its still Star Trek and not so much Stargate.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Actually I never thought to compare them but I would say SNW has the tone of Stargate - it's light, but also serious. I don't really think any other Trek has that balance.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Just started watching SNW--glad to hear!

But the Paramount+ app suuuuuucks on the Shield.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Looking forward to this 2!
I did a double feature tonight of The Greatest Hits on Disney+ then Musica on Prime Video. I enjoyed both for different reasons. I've said it before but I'm a sucker for time travel stories so TGH scratched that itch for me. The whole thing about being stuck in grief while revisiting past moments with a loved one was very touching. Musica was more about the musical elements for me and it being partially in Portuguese gave it bonus points. lol

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
And CBS has made it official, the new soap The Gates is gonna debut in January (no exact date yet). Since it's replacing The Talk it'll probably air right after Y&R (12:30-1:30) and B&B (1:30-2:00) in The Talk's 2:00pm timeslot. The next question is whether ABC will move General Hospital out of the 2pm timeslot it's currently in back to it's original 3pm timeslot it had before they cancelled All My Children and One Life to Live over a decade ago because they didn't have enough content to act as lead-ins.

deadline.com

CBS Orders ‘The Gates’ To Series; Daytime Sudser That Centers On A Black Family To Debut In January

After revealing that The Talk will wrap its run this December, CBS announced that it has ordered the new daytime drama The Gates to series.