Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
The switch has had Bluetooth audio built in since the beginning. Can't help that Nintendo doesn't know how to do basic things.

did you also know the home button the switch controller has a light on it's that Nintendo still has not enabled?
Bluetooth audio for a console is not a basic thing to accomplish. Not anywhere close.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
I always thought (heard?) that the bluetooth controller could only allow 8 connections max, for 8 controllers, and that's why they didn't enable bluetooth audio. Would having an audio device cut down on the controller count?

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Hard to believe we still only have two themes. Let me use a custom theme already Nintendo.

nintendo is absolutely king at leaving money on the table. themes that would take any artist or even programmer minutes to make, selling at 25c-1$ ea? naaah
gb/gba/n64, etc VC games? naaaaaah

hyper limited OS with obvious, easy to make QOL improvements, and then avoiding making them for as long as they can? <--------- that's the ticket

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
E_SPdJjVkAAyfa4

from Wario

Water

The Retro Archivist
Oct 30, 2017
What's a good low latency bt headset you can use with this?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
[

Here are the limitations:

Important

• Up to two wireless controllers can connect to a Nintendo Switch system while using Bluetooth audio. You will not be able to pair additional wireless controllers until you disconnect the Bluetooth audio device.
  • Bluetooth audio will be disconnected during local communication, such as when starting a local wireless multiplayer game.

Note

• Only one Bluetooth audio device can be paired at a time, but up to 10 devices can be saved on a Nintendo Switch system.
  • Bluetooth microphones cannot be used.
  • You may experience audio latency depending on your Bluetooth device.
Like I figured, they had to work around controller demands
The switch has had Bluetooth audio built in since the beginning. Can't help that Nintendo doesn't know how to do basic things.

did you also know the home button the switch controller has a light on it's that Nintendo still has not enabled?
Ahem, the audio takes up controller bandwidth. Figuring out the right balance takes time especially on a system that supports up to 8 controllers and has a battery life

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Finally can use my Airpods with the device.
Also my Dock is ready for stability updates. Stable Dock best dock.

This was a great fw update for Switch. Now please Nintendo give us folders...

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
I didn't know this was possible through a software update?

It's always been able to do it, but the issue was the fact that there wasn't enough bandwidth to support 4 pairs of Joycons and then Bluetooth audio. As you can see on the notes, it looks like they finally decided to compromise because you can't connect any more controllers to the switch until you remove the Bluetooth headset.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I always thought (heard?) that the bluetooth controller could only allow 8 connections max, for 8 controllers, and that's why they didn't enable bluetooth audio. Would having an audio device cut down on the controller count?
Yup, patch note clarifies only 2 wireless controllers can be connected while using Bluetooth audio

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, this is gonna be huge given the fact I would be up for playing a ton of rhythm games on this.

Hell, doing a quick test on Taiko no Tatsujin, I didn't seem to notice any issues.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol getting excited over a feature that should have been commonplace in the beginning, Switch continues to show how barebone it is for features, especially since this doesn't work with Bluetooth headphone microphones.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's always been able to do it, but the issue was the fact that there wasn't enough bandwidth to support 4 pairs of Joycons and then Bluetooth audio. As you can see on the notes, it looks like they finally decided to compromise because you can't connect any more controllers to the switch until you remove the Bluetooth headset.
At the same time, you're using a headset, typically meaning a private solo headset that you won't NEED multiple controllers for.

So... its a VERY limited amount of folks that this would impact.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Just tested it now and it seems to support APTX LL? The lag is pretty much on par with my APTX LL TV Bluetooth transceiver, so well done Nintendo!

Edit: Scratch that, it might just be SBC after all, still decent latency though.

Last edited:

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Surely no APTX-LL support, so I'll keep my adapter.

Will give it a try tho.

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver
I'm so very happy. I'm guessing a software update won't fix the ability to maintain the connection when putting it to sleep though. That's the only bummer.

Deleted member 12933

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Connected my AirPod pros. Is it super quiet for anybody else? Had to turn the volume all the way up and it still wasn't that loud.