Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
It's still crazy to me that a system that came out 4 years ago didn't have Bluetooth audio lol, thankfully I don't use mine off the dock so not that big of a deal but for those that use it as a portable I imagine this is pretty big.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Outta nowhere. Oh and:
E_SQgQ6UUAEBgfA

UPDATE DOCK

I updated my dock and it made my screen oled

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is something I asked for almost verbatim earlier in the Switch's life, and I'm really happy to see it added.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's still crazy to me that a system that came out 4 years ago didn't have Bluetooth audio lol, thankfully I don't use mine off the dock so not that big of a deal but for those that use it as a portable I imagine this is pretty big.
I mean give me another system that is portable and has controller support and BT audio? They share bandwidth, work around a aren't easy and take time

Oct 27, 2017
Huge news. Nintendo went ahead and let us do what Sony and MS still refuse to on their own consoles. Not sure how people can still be salty about that.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Up to two wireless controllers can connect to a Nintendo Switch system while using Bluetooth audio. You will not be able to pair additional wireless controllers until you disconnect the Bluetooth audio device.
To clarify, each joycon counts as a separate controller, so if you're using a pair of joycons and a wireless headset then you can't connect any more controllers.

Ikarus

Oct 30, 2017
Perfect. Just as business travel is set to resume in a couple more months. It's always been a glaring omission.

Deap92x

Jun 1, 2021
Is there a way to increase the volume? My devide is on the highest but the console says its in the middle

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
Yup, patch note clarifies only 2 wireless controllers can be connected while using Bluetooth audio
Interesting. Looks like Nintendo are now willing to break their consistency in implementation. I've always thought this wasn't a technical limitation (or incompetence), but not willing to confuse end users. Maybe they were seeing that it would be rare for the controller count and audio to conflict? I'd imagine it would be rare for 8 controllers to be connected at a time, and in such scenarios it would also be unlikely for there to be someone using a wireless headset.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah my headset's got a ton of delay, def not supporting APTX-LL. Could just be good latency on higher quality cans than these, mine are cheapos.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I should be happy, but I'm more irritated that it took this long for such a basic ass feature.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the bluetooth adapter on amazon.

Guess my kinda old bose wireless ear buds will be used again.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Don't most phones do this?
No, most phones(and general Bluetooth using devices in general) can only do one maybe 2(if a newer model with a dedicated secondary channel) Bluetooth connection at a time. Usually only dedicated devices like game consoles are setup for multiple connections and usually you aren't doing more than 4 controllers on other consoles while the switch can do up to 8

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Time to throw my Genki adapter into the TRASH.
Well, if this supports low latency like it does.