Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the pre-Switch OLED update has now arrived. Figured there'd probably be one around now to add full support for the new hardware.

Also a lot of people are about to find out why Bluetooth audio is something Nintendo didn't bother touching for the first 4.5 years of the console's life.

Gwynbleidd

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried AirPods Pro with the Witcher. Ran a quest with cutscenes and dialogue and it looked perfect. Game changer for my switch playing. Can't wait to try my over ears when I get home

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
First the PS5 now my switch today is raining the updates we need! 😆 the dock update is very interesting

Biggad

Jul 3, 2018
I got an adapter a while back and tried it with my Bose Quiet Comforts, and that shit was bad.

If there's any noticable lag at all then it's not even a playable environment. Maybe this will work better now, but I don't want to be too hopeful.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Right? I used to play BANG! Dream on my phone, and it was completely impossible with bluetooth headphones. I just used regular old wired. And then I got a phone without a headphone jack, and stopped playing entirely. :(

With BT headphones you shouldn't cheap out. Always look at the latency online before buying one.

Transistor

Outer Wilds Ventures Test Pilot
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I got an adapter a while back and tried it with my Bose Quiet Comforts, and that shit was bad.

If there's any noticable lag at all then it's not even a playable environment. Maybe this will work better now, but I don't want to be too hopeful.
It's just the nature of Bluetooth. Qualcomm's APTx Low Latency codec is much better, but it's still not perfect. Standard SBC is really high latency.

Now, a lot of people just aren't as sensitive to the delay, and that's awesome. I'm super sensitive though.

Puddington

Nov 2, 2017
Me just sitting in the corner wanting folders, new avatars, and themes lol

Folders are never going to happen. Nintendo wants people to only look at the Home screen long enough to launch games. So, they are not gonna let you mess around with folders rearranging your backlog like deck chairs on the Titanic.

Last edited:

BetterWorldz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow I expected them to hold that feature hostage behind a new model or something, I'm so happy it's finally here!

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Folders are never going to happen. Nintendo wants people to only look at the Home screen long enough to launch games. So, they are not gonna let mess around with folders rearranging your backlog like deck chairs on the Titanic.
It would be already nice if you could use the sort function in the All Software App also on the Home Screen.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Tried out my Jabra Elite 65t headphones.

It's really, really bad. Easily 150ms+ of delay. Completely unusable, unfortunately.

They Nintendo'd it.

Biggad

Jul 3, 2018
It's just the nature of Bluetooth. Qualcomm's APTx Low Latency codec is much better, but it's still not perfect. Standard SBC is really high latency.

Now, a lot of people just aren't as sensitive to the delay, and that's awesome. I'm super sensitive though.
Yeah, I read a bit about this after my disappointing experience. Maybe it is a matter of being sensitive to it, because people are hyped.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Folders are never going to happen. Nintendo wants people to only look at the Home screen long enough to launch games. So, they are not gonna let mess around with folders rearranging your backlog like deck chairs on the Titanic.
Even if it was just in the full game list and not the main screen it'd be a massive improvement. Right now it's a mess if you have a lot of games.

syndicalist

Oct 25, 2017
Usual BT latency, but it works. I'm liking it. None of the console manufacturers have wanted to support audio over standard BT due to the extreme latency, but this is a great option.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please god add in Dolby Digital for docked mode.

The surround set up is impossible for most audio set ups with how the switch currently supports it.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo x Beats by Dre incoming

otl-technologies-on-ear-kopfhorer-kinder-super-mario.750x750@200.high.OTL-technologies@209.jpeg