Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Someone tell me if Jellyfish goes full yuri.
We have to take into account that the new season of Sound! Euphonium is being broadcast also on a public station of big reach in Japan, and with the same programming nationwide, like is NHK ETV (or NHK Eテレ).

On the week of the series premiere, Video Research Ltd. obviously didn't have it on its top 10 ranking by estimated average viewers ratings, due to the usual big ol' names taking over all the list with their millions of weekly viewers, but what indeed appeared are the Sound! Euphonium films the channel re-ran in preparation for the series' new season debut... and their ratings were reaching nearly half a million estimated viewers at their most, so one could imagine that a truly new and highly anticipated first episode of the season could have reached similar or greater numbers.
Thank you for this, it's honestly good to know KyoAni and Sound! Euphonium in general isn't floundering. Especially given everything that's happened. (I'm a little smug seeing that Liz and the Blue Bird had a much bigger reach than Oath Finale.)

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
(Yatagarasu: The Raven Does Not Choose Its Master)
Karasu wa Aruji o Erabanai episode 1 - 3

Indeed one of the best of this season

Really interesting so far

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
From the New World 13
At least I know I'm asking the right questions because the characters are asking the same ones.

From the New World 14
Still no reason given why they wanted to kill Mamoru, or even why someone of below average ability needs to die. Honestly, if this is heading towards Maria just nuking the education committee then I say go for it, Queen. Stupid people expecting wrong answers when they ask for the truth and getting mad when they get caught trying to murder children just because.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Whisper Me a Love Song Episode 2:

Wait, this is actually making progress and not piddling about for most of the series? I am sure that is violating at least 4 anime laws.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Spy x Family Code: White
The poop jokes were on point. That chase through the hallway animation was fire. First half was boring, second half was great.

Wind Breaker - 03
Yoo, that top guy gets revealed already! Hype! ... Oh... nvm...

Kaji 8 - 01 + 02
This has a lot of Attack on Titan elements to it.
The comedy is too much for me though, and the girl at the end striked me as stupid as well. Just not my kind of humour.

Black Butler S4 - 02
Some backgroundshots look too photo realistic, it weirds me out. Cute Sebastian remains the best part of the show.
I'm having the same problems as with Blue Exorcist. It's been so long since the last season, I can barely remember some of the returning side characters. I vaguely remember the indian boy, but for the life of me I woulnd't be able to recall anything about him on my own.

Yatagarasu - 01-03
I kinda like this and its raven world. Might be more of a slow burner though.

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
7th prince 01-02

How is this #1 new show this season in Japan? Unless it gets exponentially better, I'll just drop it. I have nothing good to say about the show. The comedy of people being surprised at the character being OP is all the show has and it's very stale by now. It's also perverted as hell.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Nu Spice and Wolf 1
As someone who has never seen any of the old Spice and Wolf, I'm pretty into this

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
7th prince 01-02

How is this #1 new show this season in Japan? Unless it gets exponentially better, I'll just drop it. I have nothing good to say about the show. The comedy of people being surprised at the character being OP is all the show has and it's very stale by now. It's also perverted as hell.
Isn't it only the case on two specific platforms?

In any case, this season is atrocious popularity/streaming/rating wise, especially for a Spring one. It's somehow as bad as the Spring 2020 season, which had basically no shows because all of them got delayed due to Covid. I'm not sure what happened there

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Sound Euphonium S3 03
I thought Kumiko was going to talk with Reina to not be so strict, glad that wasn't the case. Kumiko is a good pres (it's funny that she's starting to act like Asuka in some ways.)

Mayu tho 😬. She's def gonna cause problems later on. "It's just a club." Tsukishima is that you?

Kaiju 02
THAT PISSING SCENE WTF 🤣🤣🤣
"Who will take me as a bride now" 😭😭😭

The intro itself is DOPE. The song is alright.
I was expecting this to be depressing as fuck but I'm glad it's funny as hell.
Betting that the blonde pigtail girl will crush on Kafka.

One Piece 1101
Absolutely beautiful and amazingly directed. The brief flashes back to Enies Lobby was dope. I feel like Gear 5 got Toei to really step it up.

Franky's VA sounds like he's really struggling now :/

Yozakura Family 03
Good on Taiyo for wanting to be stronger for Mutsumi, but he shouldn't put himself down for it considering how bizarre the circumstances are.
Kyo's room wtffff 😭😭

I feel like I would be here all day if I were to comment on the insanity of the Yozakura house, so I'll just say that having to shoot the remote like 200 feet away just to use the tv is so dumb that I love it. Shinzo has green hair and lives in a trash can. You sure his name isn't Oscar? 🤔

Last edited:

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Tsubasa 12-18 (2023)
TCV5bfB.png

But the manga is 40 years old !

I guess I too wouldn't be able to stop myself from shoving in 15 minutes of best boy Misugi recap.

Mahouka 1-2
QBapHuo.jpeg
TKiLxJB.jpeg

I thought after graduation it's gonna be desert for Saegusa content but it's just might be an actual arc centered on her clan ? Truly the blessed times.

Eupho 2.

Reina supporting Shuuichi wasn't really on my bingo card. Come to think of it, I think she was shafted in S2 for Asuka and didn't even get up to much in S1. I hope S3 has some stuff for her beyond having the hots for the teacher.

Bit funny seeing an attempt to sell 2nd years as an estabilished and known quantity where I imagine for most, they're anything but. At the same time, the comparatively limited screen time allotted for this year might also bite series in ass and on top of tediousness of repeating the same yearly events for the 3rd time, there's plenty of challenges ahead.

Kaijuu 02
zzzzzz

Will take a look at what i assume is the extended cast next ep but it's probably a drop.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Tsubasa 12-18 (2023)
TCV5bfB.png

But the manga is 40 years old !

I guess I too wouldn't be able to stop myself from shoving in 15 minutes of best boy Misugi recap.

Mahouka 1-2
QBapHuo.jpeg
TKiLxJB.jpeg

I thought after graduation it's gonna be desert for Saegusa content but it's just might be an actual arc centered on her clan ? Truly the blessed times.
still need to watch season 2, the movie and the spinoff. But hey the dub might finally start at that point XD

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Yozakura Family - 3

Not much to say here, I noticed a bit of an uptick in the animation at least

Ranger Reject - 3

Gotta give this series credit, it's been consistently hard to predict and constantly coming up with new developments even three episodes in

Blastric2

Jul 5, 2023
I don't know if this matters to others, but I just read this article and wanted to share:
Demon Slayer Changed the Way Pierrot Approaches Anime, Says CEO
Pierrot President, Michiyuki Honma, described in a new interview how the Demon Slayer Corps helped to influence Studio Pierrot's future, "I think Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba was a major turning point for the anime industry. It was a high-quality work that took a lot of time and a generous budget to make and it was a big hit when it aired, attracting people from a wide range of age groups. I watched it. Before and after Demon Slayer was announced, I really felt that we had to change the way we create things. Furthermore, other studios were releasing high-quality works on a similar scale and in Japan there was an environment where these could be watched on commercial television."

Honma then confirmed that they are aiming to create more anime projects that aren't "a long-running work", "I think it's definitely great to make one long-running work like Pierrot has done in the past. At the same time, the large budget and running costs entail a big risk. But can we compete with works made in this new way using the same production methods as before? It would probably damage the brand. We don't want to lose. Both Pierrot and I want to be number one. With that in mind, when we made Bleach: The Thousand-Year Blood War, the entire company took on the task of making a new anime."
It is basically just a verbal confirmation of something we all already knew: That the model of endless anime with filler is dying.
I just found this interesting because it was from the head of a studio still doing it.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Hibike
im sure they will frame transfers attitude of its just a club as wrong eventually but she's 100% right.
must be missing these imagined kumiko and whats his face scenes implying they are together. Gossip based on what exactly?

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this matters to others, but I just read this article and wanted to share:
Demon Slayer Changed the Way Pierrot Approaches Anime, Says CEO

It is basically just a verbal confirmation of something we all already knew: That the model of endless anime with filler is dying.
I just found this interesting because it was from the head of a studio still doing it.

Little weird that he gives credit to Demon Slayer when Pierrot has been making seasonal anime next to their long-running ones for a long time. I guess DS made him realize that not even mainstream shounen has to be long-running?

Anyway, it's definitely good, doing long-running shows must be really taxing for the people working on them, and even the product ends up being worse.

Icedragon08

Oct 30, 2017
Eupho 3
Me: It's insane how good this show looks.
*Me finding out this episode was finished in 2022.*
Me: That explains a lot.

I'm suprised everytime when I realize how much better KyoAni is at scheduling their shows compared to most of the industry.

Anyways, another great episode in a fantastic season so far. I get sadder every week knowing how close we are to the end.

Last edited:

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Hibike
im sure they will frame transfers attitude of its just a club as wrong eventually but she's 100% right.
must be missing these imagined kumiko and whats his face scenes implying they are together. Gossip based on what exactly?
They were dating, albeit kinda brief. But that was in Kumiko's 2nd year so idk how the first years now would know

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Shangri-la Frontier 2nd Cour

Catching up on some of the stuff I missed from the previous season. I liked the first part of Shangri-la well enough. It was a fun adventure game that managed to avoid all of the negative aspects you'd typically see in a Narou story. But it lacked any kind of a "wow moment" that would really sell me on the show.

Turns out that wow moment was the entire first half of this cour. I was initially skeptical when the Crunchyroll episode list showed it would just be a 4-episode long boss fight, as I worried that it would drag on too long. But I think it was executed pretty much perfectly. Great pacing with very good escalation of threat and some really nice animation.

The show is also a lot better when Sunraku has actual humans to interact with. Emul is pretty much the perfect mascot character, but the show mostly consisting of just her and Sunraku got a bit boring. But Pencilgon and Oikatzo are basically a perfect fir for Sunraku, in that all of them do enjoy a bit of trolling but are ultimately still good people.

The second half is a lot weaker. Sunraku is stuck with NPCs again, and Bilac and particularly Aramiys kind of suck. I really hope season 2 will focus more on human side-characters again.

At least we get to see a little bit of the Professor, who is amazing.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-RS2it0Vq0

Jouji Nakata voice acting a cat-person in Log Horizon was already great, but a magical girl definitely beats that.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I had the Bucchigiri ED appear on my YouTube recommendations so I checked out the show and man Im kinda disappointed 7 episodes in.

The premise is really interesting, with the mix of Arabic, Chinese and Japanese cultural influences in a modern day setting focused on delinquent gangs. I mean that should be a home run but Arajin is such a terrible MC and I hate how much screen time he gets. I wish Goku Matakara was the MC instead.

I'll probably finish this as Im watching it while I eat and stuff but what a waste of an amazing OP and ED combo so far. The production overall is incredible, especially the vibrant and colorful backgrounds and character designs.

Jasmine-chan reveal better be worth it OR ELSE Im....gonna be sad.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm liking this "Reincarnated as Aristocrat I use appraisal to find the best gacha- I mean people with the best skills!" but I gotta say the magician girl he just found goes from "a normal human looking girl" to "insane titty monster" in apparently 1 episode. i don't really know what they were thinking with that design, like, ouch

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm liking this "Reincarnated as Aristocrat I use appraisal to find the best gacha- I mean people with the best skills!" but I gotta say the magician girl he just found goes from "a normal human looking girl" to "insane titty monster" in apparently 1 episode. i don't really know what they were thinking with that design, like, ouch
There's a timeskip. Amazing what 3 years of proper nutrition does

Wehrwolf

Oct 28, 2017
Tonari no Youkai 3

Mentioned it after episode 1, but how positive and supporting everyone in the village is toward each other is very relaxing to see.

Unlike many slice of life, also has conflict to overcome, but it was done really well.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Train episode 3

Mushrooms are evil! And creepy looking. And they'll suck your brains out.

Voice Actor Yuri episode 3

These two are married already. Now, hatesex!

Salad episodes 1-3

A detective finds a loli who can blow up shit...but let's concentrate on her homeless knight. We don't want a loli who can blow up shit.

That's A Spicy Wolf episode 3

That's a shit load of apples. She bought all that with one silver coin?

Angel Roommate episode 3

"One of my friends hates me now...ah fuck her."

Aqua's Butt episode 2

And Kazuma fucks everything up again. Then he's kidnapped.

Jellyfish Can't Yuri At Night episodes 2-3

Fangirl GET.
That was pretty sweet with the girls coming to see the girl perform.
And group is complete. Maybe a vtuber is in their future?

Last edited:

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Shinymas - 3
Pretty subdue episode especially compare to the last one. We went from super cool dance in the rain to just giving a flower to a grumpy kid. Anime conditioned me to believe that we would be learning why the kids fought and try to resolve the problem at its root but really, now that I think about it, they are just some random passerbys so it doesn't really matter and probably a waste of time to learn so I guess it's fine if everything just got resolved with a single flower because the thing that matters is the main characters finding things they want to do.

Also, just found out that they put some extra story of each episode of the anime in the game so you'll be missing out on a bit of story if you only watch the anime (like expanding on Mano contemplating on becoming an idol), which is such a wild thing to do (but kinda understandable considering the anime is basically a way for them to promote the game). Other anime doing extra stuff like this usually just put them on YouTube and not gated behind a game. Well, you can still watch them on YouTube from people uploading and subbing them though.
They're mostly just fluff though aside from the first episode's so it's not like they're mandatory.

Whisper - 2
They made Yori looks even more like Yukino in the ED with that glasses look lol. Really not beating Oregairu alternate ending allegation.

Whisper Me a Love Song - 2

It's not a great sign that I can tell they're just using panels from the manga and adding lip flaps here and I've never read the manga.
Now I feel like the shots that actually look good are those they rip straight off the manga. The faces on the other shots look so off.
There's also that shot of Himari's hand that looks like they're just moving a static image around in an editing software lol. I said on the last episode that it looks drastically better than their previous show but at this rate we're probably going back to that level of quality by episode 4 lol.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ranger Reject 3

Man, this episode didn't go how I thought it would AT ALL

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Ranger Reject 3
I'm glad this series has gotten such a high quality adaptation so far.
I'm curious if they'll end up slimming down the next arc since I remember it kinda dragging a bit.

Blue Archive 3
The best failgirlboss dork is here and they've wasted no time with her signature expression.

I've always liked how Nonomi's plan to save their school resembles the premise of the original Love Live, Shiroko's plan is to re-enact Payday: The Heist, and Hoshino's plan is just straight terrorism.

The sound design in this anime adaptation is a bit of a letdown. Some of the sound effects like Nonomi's minigun sound weak and most of the background music is kinda bland and weak compared to the game which has a lot of bangers.
Even the big band version of "Unwelcome School" that they have lacks the manic energy of the OG

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEg_d2f6myw

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Spy x Family: Code White
Wow, they actually made poop jokes funny. That poop god scene killed me, holy shit.

I'm not gonna lie, the movie was reeeeeaaly slow in the beginning but overall it was still fun.
Beautiful animation, my god that Yor fight went crazy. Really sweet family moments in here too.
Bond being left behind for the finale made me sad.

Grandpa and Grandma 03
Damn, they platinumed Resident Evil 5 in a single day, these grandparents are pros.
You have to explain yourself better Shiori, I don't think they understand what a tsundere is.
Perv power.

Second half of the episode was so much feeeels 🥺🥺🥺

Appraisal Isekai 03
Are we sure that Reitz is a good guy? lol
His voice and him wiping out all these dudes with just a dagger, all I can think of is Solo Leveling.

LMAOO @ how fast his dad changed his mind.

Loser Ranger 03
I love how annoying Suzukiri is lol. Is clown face gone? #RIPBOZO

Yuichi Nakumura is really good at voicing smug assholes. Wait a goddamn minute, Fighter D is dead??? Wtfffff, that's crazy.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Code White was pretty good, although it pushed the limits of Yor's gullibility further than the manga or the anime.
Generally it's more unbelievable that Loid doesn't think something is off with Yor in the finale of the film or in dozens of scenes in the manga/anime than the other way around. Ultimately the series only works if the two hyper competent leads have a massive blind spot towards each other.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
From the New World 15
Yeah I wouldn't trust Squara as far as I can throw him.

From the New World 16
images

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Holo Life 2-3
I can't believe they left me on a fucking cliffhanger about a silver coin price conspiracy. What's the grift Lawrence?!?!?!?! TELL MEEEEEE

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Decided to check out Windbreaker and am extremely positively surprised
Didn't expect this animation or also how full of heart the show is

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Time to start up a bunch of dubs today, last couple days had me fried due to work.
Spy x Family: Code White
Wow, they actually made poop jokes funny. That poop god scene killed me, holy shit.

I'm not gonna lie, the movie was reeeeeaaly slow in the beginning but overall it was still fun.
Beautiful animation, my god that Yor fight went crazy. Really sweet family moments in here too.
Bond being left behind for the finale made me sad.

Grandpa and Grandma 03
Damn, they platinumed Resident Evil 5 in a single day, these grandparents are pros.
You have to explain yourself better Shiori, I don't think they understand what a tsundere is.
Perv power.

Second half of the episode was so much feeeels 🥺🥺🥺

Appraisal Isekai 03
Are we sure that Reitz is a good guy? lol
His voice and him wiping out all these dudes with just a dagger, all I can think of is Solo Leveling.

LMAOO @ how fast his dad changed his mind.

Protective nature/sexism
Giant fireball

You're hired!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Anaylze Eye Shota episode 3

"She can't come in."
*Girl blows up shit*
"Okay, you can come in."

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Little weird that he gives credit to Demon Slayer when Pierrot has been making seasonal anime next to their long-running ones for a long time. I guess DS made him realize that not even mainstream shounen has to be long-running?

Anyway, it's definitely good, doing long-running shows must be really taxing for the people working on them, and even the product ends up being worse.
Pretty much every single show would be better if done seasonally as opposed to constant. Adaptations should be per arc, that means some will run longer and some shorter but it'd be easier to keep the quality high.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I noticed this way back when I was checking out the first episode of Wano way back when that aired, he sounded way low-energy and just not into it compared to how he used to be. Is it getting even worse now?
It's worse. His speech feels slower and he sounds like he's struggling to roll his R's like he used too.

This last episode he had a long conversation with Vegapunk so it really stood out.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
Train ep 4.

This show is just getting wilder and wilder, I love how weird and unpredictable it is. Also seems like Youka might have fucked up the world with her imagination?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Choo-choo Train 04
This is the kind of weird shit that I love. Man-goat things, laughing plants, raining golf balls, tiny soldiers, etc. This show was def made on drugs.

Hopefully when they cure Akira her and Reimi don't fight as much anymore. Maybe Akira wouldn't have been in trouble if she told them about the buttshroom in the first place 🤔

Cheat Isekai 03
Glad he denied their invitation. After what they pulled, he should tell the king to fuck off forever.

I laughed so hard at the ring gag.

Spice and Wolf 04
Watching cheat Isekai and this back to back made me realize that Monday is wolf wife day lol

Ohhhh shit, things are picking up. That's a pretty important thing to forget, Holo.
Hope they aren't separated for too long, their relationship is probably the thing I care the most for in this series.

7th Prince 04
trash-trash-bin.gif

I gave this series more chances than it deserved.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
After reading articles on Anime's influence on both Avatar: The Last Airbender and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse a couple of months ago, I have been making an effort to watch Anime shows. I started with Eva while also doing a rewatch of TLA.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Finished the series and the movie a few weeks ago. Overall, I thought it was alright. It didn't live up to the praise for me. The animation in the movie was gorgeous.

Mob Psycho 100: Checked out the first episode yesterday. What a wild show! The art style is unique and I love how funny/crazy the art style gets in places. Definitely going to continue this.

FLCL - Also checked out the first episode. Pure insanity in the best possible way. The music and atmosphere was fantastic. Only six episodes in season one so I'm going to finish this out.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
After reading articles on Anime's influence on both Avatar: The Last Airbender and Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse a couple of months ago, I have been making an effort to watch Anime shows. I started with Eva while also doing a rewatch of TLA.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Finished the series and the movie a few weeks ago. Overall, I thought it was alright. It didn't live up to the praise for me. The animation in the movie was gorgeous.

Mob Psycho 100: Checked out the first episode yesterday. What a wild show! The art style is unique and I love how funny/crazy the art style gets in places. Definitely going to continue this.

FLCL - Also checked out the first episode. Pure insanity in the best possible way. The music and atmosphere was fantastic. Only six episodes in season one so I'm going to finish this out.
You need some real Super Robot action, time to watch New Getter Robo, then Shin Getter Robo Armageddon

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Train to the End of the World 4
Reimi is my new favourite person.
94AyyjOl.png

eJQ3Hgml.png

Also I guess we know now why the show can spend a full episode on a single station when there are 30 stations between there and Ikebukuro, lol.

Shin Spice and Wolf 4
I don't remember this part (and probably not much of anything that happens afterwards) so I guess I'm basically a new viewer again! I definitely don't remember Lawrence telling the trading company about Holo.