Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Whisper Me A Love Song when it's time to go to a new location

0da.gif

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Re-Monters Episode 04

Damn... after he fucks absolutely every female human, TOGETHER he just ate male elfs like it was nothing... this will become even darker sex wise wont it? Fuck

Kaijuu 8

Such a good adaptation, too bad the episode last for fucking 5 minutes!

Next episode they will COOK

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Martian successor Nadesico 16
Oh man, the true history and nature of the Jovians is hilarious XD. They're totally justified tho

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kinda curious if all the girls in bands shows this season (Girls Band Cry, Jellyfish, Whisper Me A Love Song) were greenlit as a response to Bocchi the Rock's success.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda curious if all the girls in bands shows this season (Girls Band Cry, Jellyfish, Whisper Me A Love Song) were greenlit as a response to Bocchi the Rock's success.

According to Wikipedia, the initial concept for Girls Band Cry was already announced in 2021 with auditions for a real-life band who would also voice the characters in an eventual anime show. So it's conceptually a lot closer to what Bang Dream is doing.

Jellyfish I could totally see being inspired by Bocchi though.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Uma Musume S3 done!
This was a quieter - less dramatic - season after S2, which I appreciate since I watched them back-to-back. I quite liked Kita as a protagonist, she's very optimistic and charming. Pity about the wardrobe downgrade at the end, she had the best looking of the (inappropriate for racing) outfits.
Without knowing the RL horse's history, I initially thought this season was going to go a different direction compared to the other seasons. With the story highlighting Kita being good but not a "prodigy", and comparing herself to naturals like Teio and Duramente, I thought it was going to tackle being an average (good) racer among the stars and how to deal with it. But it veered away from that pretty fast.

Now to go diving into the depths of the internet to find any traces of Road to the Top, and then I can mark this series as completed and start on whatever is good this season. I'm only watching Spice and Wolf so far, it's the lightest season I've had in years.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Studio Apartment 05
Tsumugi and Noel are carrying this show hard.
That ending... sighhh, here we go.

Kaiju 03
A smug rich girl named Shinomiya huh 🤔
Yooo, this girl is moving like she's in Titanfall, holy shit
He's at least gotta use his kaiju power to heal, come on now.

Tonari no Yokai-san 04
I love this show but sometimes I have to stop and google certain terms because I have no idea what they're talking about sometimes. I had to look up what a tsukumogami was for example.
I remember when fansubs back in the day would give little blurbs of context in the episode, just think it would be cool if CR did that too, I know Hidive does it.

On to the actual episode, yeah, definitely be wary working under someone with the title "demon king." Buchio and his fam are so precious

Love Song 03
I know Aki's gotta be dying inside rn. Idk how Himari didn't immediately confess after Yori said "I'm gonna make you fall harder for me, so buckle up." At least Yori joined the K-On club.

I like this series, the vibes are cute, but the anime adaptation just feels... not as good as it could be, I think. Characters look off-model sometimes, scene transitions are weird as hell, and some parts feel like they're just manga panels stitched together, the flow is weird. I've been reading the manga chapters after the episode and it's much better there. I guess... I should just read the manga??

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I miss Kaguya-sama.

Lot of storms around my area and I'm prone to losing power so I've downloaded Evangelion onto my tablet since it's been a very very long time since I've watched it. I'll make this night comfy one way or another.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Kaiju # 8 - 3

Exam arc? Exam arc

Jellyfish - 4

Man these girls really are a bundle of neurosis. The cross cutting between Jelle and the old idol group was interesting, I wonder if we're sticking with that

Tonari Yokai - 4

Buchio remains a good boy. This was a pretty fascinating way to incorporate a demon king into the show.

Yatagarasu - 4

Boy, the prince really stepped on the gas. Basically threw his dad out on his ass and made his brother pledge loyalty in front of everyone important. Poor Yukiya at the end looks like he's getting shipped off, possibly training?

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
That's a Spicy Wolf episode 4

Wait, couldn't have Holotaken those fuckers? Seriously, she's a huge wolf, why couldn't she just kill them?

CGDCTrains episode 4

You've got a mushroom in your butt!

Anime Cacoon episode 3

How come they speak like old people when they're young? Even the flashbacks?

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful Precure 13
A funny episode that doesn't require Iroha to lose all her braincells. Progress. I trust Detective Komugi to solve the case. Best scene was Iroha trying to get Komugi to nya. Mayu, I know you think Nyammy looks pretty, but please don't throw yourself into danger more than once. Nyammy for her part is doing a decent job not making her relation to Mayu obvious. I'm glad Nyammy is in the show now, but they better not drag out the mystery and integrate the cats into the group sooner rather than later.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
That's a Spicy Wolf episode 4

Wait, couldn't have Holotaken those fuckers? Seriously, she's a huge wolf, why couldn't she just kill them?

CGDCTrains episode 4

You've got a mushroom in your butt!

Anime Cacoon episode 3

How come they speak like old people when they're young? Even the flashbacks?
They'd have had to flee town because of the church

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
whisper 3

sadness the quality drop was very much noticeable i was find with the lack of animation due to it still having pretty nice looking stills but this episode looked rough D:

still overall very cute and i'm okay with this "so there's a chance" route

Girls in a Band cry 4

more music making love these three when they are butting heads ,the amount of guilt was a little bit much huh
some of the shots in this episode were a little too real looking!

jelly 4
that sudden realization when your friends have lives and can't devote all their time to one thing

some good plot stuff with the ex idol group can't say i was expecting that ,curious to see what the main girl really is like

no 8 -3
tis okay still
i'd normally be stoked for how cool and strong this girl for a supporting role is but shes kinda a unlikeable jerk!

chunni exam 2.0 not much to say here

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Gintama 211
EXCUSE ME?? WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??I CAME BACK TO GINTAMA FOR CHILL AND LAUGHS AND YOU GIVE ME DEATH.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Grandparents turn young 1
Meh. Gave it a chance, but dropped

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Mashle 3
I was kinda bored at the start but Mashle's extremely blunt solutions to every problem are still entertaining enough

pappacone

Jan 10, 2020
yes, Yatagarasu is the highlight of the season for me, it's one of those few shows that seems to have the courage to take the time it needs to tell its story

Spice and Wolf is good too, but I've already watched the orginal so this first season will not be too much interesting for me

as for the shonen things, Loser ranger seems the best so far, it's bit more original than the average show and seems to have a lot of plot twists, but I can also see it become a complete train-wreck.

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
Fable 1
This is neat. No one watching this?

Manga art and all is sublime, so I don't have much interest in checking out a seemingly mediocre production. Though, might take a look just for the voice acting.

The manga has 2 parts which are both completed now and fantastic... except for the one unfortunate thing that keeps rearing its ugly head:

As much as there are legitimately great female characters, virtually all of them experience at times quite severe sexual harassment, assault, or basically downright rape. Doesn't matter how much of a competent assassin or whatever they otherwise are. It's extremely noticeable even when giving the benefit of the doubt and leeway for the setting.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Loser Ranger 04

I'm shocked they decided to cover that entire fight in one episode. Almost an entire volume in a single episode. I don't blame them though since that fight (and character) kinda suck and I assume the staff want to cover the entirety of the next arc by the end of the cour.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Sound Euphonium S3 04
They skipped the SunFes performance???? Whyy??? I'm so upset. Motomu and Midori's performance was sweet tho.

Kanade is such a little shit, I love her. Me thinks she has a little crush on Motomu, which explains why she's always getting on his nerves.
I am loving this Kumiko therapist arc.

Loser Ranger 04
Holy shit, that was way more violent than I was expecting. This really is The Boys: Power Rangers edition.

Okay, so D isn't dead. Crisis averted. Hibiki's flashback was a bit too fast, methinks. "Somehow, I escaped." Okay, but how??? Honestly it felt like the whole episode went by too fast.

Yozakura Familia 04
Kengo is probably my fav so far. Well, I really don't mind the siblings, they're all cool, except for Kyo. Tho, him sneaking in divorce papers is pretty fuckin funny 😂. I think the funniest thing about his room is the fact there's nothing but the chair and the Mutsumi shrine, not even a bed lmaooo

The little flashback w/ baby Kengo and Mutsumi was too cute. Everytime I see Shinzo I think of Ichigo for some reason.

Jellyfishing! Jellyfishing! 04
"Let me collect air from my idol's home." Lmaooo.
Wasn't expecting them to get into an argument right off the bat, that's usually the mid-season drama stuff.

Glad that Kano is fine but can someone check on the big sister, she seems like a mess herself.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
yes, Yatagarasu is the highlight of the season for me, it's one of those few shows that seems to have the courage to take the time it needs to tell its story

Spice and Wolf is good too, but I've already watched the orginal so this first season will not be too much interesting for me

as for the shonen things, Loser ranger seems the best so far, it's bit more original than the average show and seems to have a lot of plot twists, but I can also see it become a complete train-wreck.
Gave Yatagarasu a shot this morning. Watched the 4 episodes and really enjoyed it. I'm in

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
An ill fated omen. Last anime koji tried to sell us on was licorice recoil.
Show is done for, true.

Captain Tsubasa 20.
CNBnkx1.jpeg

I thought it was my ignorant 10 year old ass that misinterpreted this but no, the author has no idea how offside works.

At least he predicted Korea buying the refs in 2002.

----

I always thought CT had a bazillion of anime that people didn't have much good to say about but now that I look at it they're actually quite few. It seems most of them redo the initial arcs over and over but J seems to cover bit of later arcs and has some good word of mouth, will try to check it out.

Captain Tsubasa Europe Daikessen movie (1985)
i30nial.jpeg

+ the movies like this one. Which is a weird one, I assume this is anime original but this makes for a third iteration of Schneider and yet another trip to Europe (first was flashback in the og anime) that is never acknowledged after this. And flashback and this movie use exactly the same Schneider design if memory serves. Pierre design is also very similar to the later one, maybe manga was doing the actual world cup at this time and they were lifting from it ?

Anyhow it's short and maybe starkest in its "evil europeans humbled by great Nippon" angle which is pretty funny + more of Lord Schneider is always good. Also pretty sure they completely break deep Tsubasa lore of how he met his manager/eternal love interest.

Yatagarasu 01-04

Pretty decent. Almost rue that the somewhat ambigous role of prince seems to be done with after this. As an enigma and a dick he was somewhat unique in not being immediately likeable or on good side from perspective of the viewer.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Reject Ranger 04

Was pretty good but rushed AF

Had to go the manga to discover they cramped 7 chapters into this episode skipping a lot of explanation

Hope they explain things better next episode

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Reject Ranger 04

Was pretty good but rushed AF

Had to go the manga to discover they cramped 7 chapters into this episode skipping a lot of explanation

Hope they explain things better next episode
To be fair this was the roughest and drag-oniest part of the manga so I get why they wanted it over with

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://twitter.com/5hanayome_anime/status/1784540017500856515

View: https://youtu.be/QxtlzdcgNG4
They've announced another Quintessential Quintuplets anime despite the fact that they've covered everything in the manga except for maybe the bonus chapter
Not sure if this is another OVA or an anime original season, but Negi is supervising it.

It's a movie, it's gonna be about the Quintuplets going on a honey moon trip

He did? Huh, I actually liked that one, wasn't amazing or anything but enjoyable enough
he is super into it, he wore several T-shirts of it end even made an official recommendation that was printed in the novel's cover

m1re1j1eaco91.jpg

just-got-my-copy-of-ordinary-days-v0-wblifw8xusz91.jpg

-he regularly recommend japanese books like that, they are usually not of the weeb variety tho-

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Lyco Reco is like being tricked into liking Ping Pong the Animation compared to getting sucked into something like...Wonder Egg Priority.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
One Piece 1102
I don't remember Kaku sitting on Sentomaru so disrespectfully in the manga lol. Reminds me of when Deidara did it to Gaara.
I can tell that Aya Hirano is having a blast playing Lillith.

Grandpa and Grandma 04
"There are Ferraris on the countryside too." lol

Shota and his grandpa scene was sweet. The culture festival stuff was fun. Wtf was that ending tho

Appraisal Isekai 04
Wasn't expecting a timeskip so soon. I see that Charlotte is now the designated fanservice girl, sighhh

As soon as I saw the meek, low confidence younger brother, I knew that he would be the one to join Ars' retainers. Weird that they didn't show him constructing the trap.
Ohhh, the conversations with their dad hit me, there's my first cry of the season.

Yatagarasu 01-02
Bocchi appearance. I needed something to scratch The Apothecary Diaries itch, tho these 4 girls are vicious towards each other lol.

This is pretty good so far. Lots of characters and things to remember tho so I've been pausing and rewinding like crazy lol.
I like Yukiya, he'll be a fun protagonist to follow. I really like the ED theme.

Guess who has eight shows to watch on Saturday now 🙃