Status
Not open for further replies.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Night Head 2041 12 END

Between this and Digimon Adventure... not sure which was worse of the season :p A franchise I love that did the reboot poorly, or a reboot of a franchise I didn't care much about to begin with, but still went in an unnecessary direction? Night Head Genesis was just an ok watch years back, and this was a "sure, I'll check it out". I recommended it at first, since it seemed to be going in an interesting direction, with an oppressive government against psychics, a group of special ops fighting psychics, and then our 2 mains (which really ended up getting sidelined since there were technically 4 mains) that were physic brothers trying to fit in with society. The original series had them on the run a lot, and this one? The focus was just... trying to converge 2 different sets of brothers, which then involved with 2 worlds, and just... ugh...

The focus was taken away from the 2 leads this reboot was even supposed to be about, and just wasn't interesting and got overly convoluted. It was completely different from what I expected it to be, especially as a reboot. Like, there was just no need for this to be a reboot at all, and it might've well as just been something else with unique characters. I've mentioned before that this felt like they wanted to use IPs for some reason, but also use some new story with it all and just like "made it work".

Good riddance it's over! And Digimon Adventure for that matter! Honestly, even with a lack of shows for Fall, it looks more promising than this season, in levels of enjoyment for me, at least.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
fate stay/food 4
you know i never really thought about it but after watching a lot of food anime I think that emiya family has maybe the highest food presentation index next to ghibli. that shit looks straight up delicious

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Ok friends, I've been outta the anime game for a minute but I'm tryna get back in.

I'm trying to remember the show that came out around a decade ago, like around the time the Kara no Kyōkai OVA were coming out and I'm pretty sure it was an OVA too.

I don't remember much but it had a fantasy feudal setting, and fighting over swords? Maybe it was related to Monotagari but I don't think so. I feel like I'm going crazy and maybe making this all up.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Ok friends, I've been outta the anime game for a minute but I'm tryna get back in.

I'm trying to remember the show that came out around a decade ago, like around the time the Kara no Kyōkai OVA were coming out and I'm pretty sure it was an OVA too.

I don't remember much but it had a fantasy feudal setting, and fighting over swords? Maybe it was related to Monotagari but I don't think so. I feel like I'm going crazy and maybe making this all up.
Katanagatari probably.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017

4GoQ.gif

SolidSnakeBoy

May 21, 2018
Trigun 20

The way this show keeps presenting this world building is so good. The way Vash's coat gets meaning is so fitting. So good.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Strike the Blood IV 5 because i felt like catching up with this i'm still amazed this keeps getting ONA seasons after all these years
and i continue to never really make any sense of whats going on but there's a character that is straight up an wannabe Remake Tifa

Status
Not open for further replies.