Status
Not open for further replies.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Patlabor 36
Episode, like Noa, felt pretty listless. There were a lot of nice shots but every scene felt kinda detached from each other. Goto reading a playguide was fun and Asuma and Noa should just kiss already.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
I thought BNA was fine but yeah it peaked at the baseball episode.

I kind of feel like it would have benefited from a bigger episode count with a lot more episodes to flesh out the world and characters like Little Witch Academia. As it stands the main plot ends up feeling rushed to fit into the last 6 episodes

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
Cyberpunk: Edgerunners 3

Fun episode, got the crew, got punched, and lots of action was had. Love the design of the main villain guy towards the end, and loved how David takes up his call to action by rejecting the Principal's offer.

Still a solid 3/5 show for me, but it's looking good.

Shadows House Season 2 12

Look, I'm gonna say it, this season sucked. The first season was buoyed by an intriguing concept and fun competition arc, but this one was just so disparate and incohesive. Outside of maybe one and a half good episodes, it was just drawn out conversation and exposition that, at the end of the day, brings us seemingly nowhere further than where we started.

We already knew Shadows House is evil, Kate was already against it, we already knew about the coffee brainwashing, just - I think the only thing we learned in this season was what happens when children pass into the adult wing, which was really half an episode's worth of exposition.

I guess complaining about a show that's following the manga is moot, but I really do think I could've just read the cliffnotes of this season and gotten by for Season 3, whenever it shows up.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Shadows House S2

Overall a very solid continuation of the first season. While the entire mystery aspect didn't really grab me, it was still a fun watch. I liked the new characters that they introduced in this season. One small complaint that I have is that they could have delivered the exposition in a different, more engaging fashion.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Lycoris Recoil finale tomorrow. There's a PV for it but avoided it like the plague.
GE2zOMP.gif

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
Shadows House S2 END

that was such an underwhelming finale, there was literally nothing tying it all to the larger plot and the Anthony/Christopher shit still lingers as the larger piece of the puzzle yet to be uncovered. They could have ended this season with the last episode and it would have made much more sense lol

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
Biscuit Hammer 12

Animation is back to being weak again after being decent for awhile. Anima bringing her annoying ass to the Beast Knights is welcome tho.

ChaosSlayer

Jul 16, 2021
Dear fellow Era anime fans, In 25 minutes, Aniplex will hold the third edition of its virtual anime convention Aniplex Online Fest 2022.

I made a thread about AOF2022. If you are planning to watch the event or are even interested (Music alone will be a banger), you can join us in the thread to discuss the event, updates, and announcements.

looking forward to seeing you there!
www.resetera.com

Aniplex Online Fest 2022 Watch Party: AniFlex Fest Anime/Manga - OT

In a few hours, Aniplex will hold the Third Edition of its virtual anime convention Aniplex Online Fest (AOF 2022). The event will feature the latest updates on anime adaptations produced by Aniplex, new announcements, panels with cast members, and musical performances conducted by Sony Music...

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
recoil reactions will be interesting tomorrow , always a treat with OG anime compared to adaptions with the classic "OH boy you anime onlies sure weren't ready for this! "

will be shocked if they go the route of ending it and not teasing a s2 with how big it got

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
recoil reactions will be interesting tomorrow , always a treat with OG anime compared to adaptions with the classic "OH boy you anime onlies sure weren't ready for this! "

will be shocked if they go the route of ending it and not teasing a s2 with how big it got
I'm expecting a definite ending but also one that leaves many side threads hanging. I was just looking up A-1 original works and Anohana is the only one to ever get a sequel/continuation, from what I can tell. I think the success of this has really caught them off guard. I 100% expect Aniplex to capitalize on this in many ways, so we'll probably get an announcement for something after the finale.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Very strange for a 13 year old LN with only 2 volumes but I guess it also had a manga in 2016? Don't understand the Type Moon connection except for Urobuchi.

edit: seems to be a movie

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Arknights anime starts on the 28th of October, can't wait, I could never get into the game because I just don't care for gacha but I always thought the characters and world of Arknights was super cool, I've kinda kept up with the story and I read the various manga.
I hope we get an episode that's entirely Kal'tsit talking. /s

View: https://youtu.be/VS6rsy-tVNU

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Arknights story is pretty good. I'm a huge fan of the music in the game too. Only problem is the initial arcs (like most Gacha) kinda suck and going to be weird how they handle the player character as well... a character.

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
Arknights story is pretty good. I'm a huge fan of the music in the game too. Only problem is the initial arcs (like most Gacha) kinda suck and going to be weird how they handle the player character as well... a character.
Yeah the music slaps, there's a reason why people jokingly refer to the devs as a music company.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Bokurano 1-2

Imagine if some dude that lived in a cave invited you, a middle-schooler, to play a game with him. Not shady at all, right? The man then disappears without explaining what the hell is going on and leaves you with this mech. And now you're stuck with the duty of protecting the earth alongside your friends.

So far it's kinda hard to differentiate some of the middle-schoolers from each other because some of them look so similar. But the premise is interesting enough to keep me hooked.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Bokurano 1-2

Imagine if some dude that lived in a cave invited you, a middle-schooler, to play a game with him. Not shady at all, right? The man then disappears without explaining what the hell is going on and leaves you with this mech. And now you're stuck with the duty of protecting the earth alongside your friends.

So far it's kinda hard to differentiate some of the middle-schoolers from each other because some of them look so similar. But the premise is interesting enough to keep me hooked.
I feel like Bokurano doesn't get talked about as much as other classics. Really loved it, it's kind of a haunting show that stays with you for a while after finishing.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Teppen 12
Of course there's a comeback round XD. Oh no, traffic gags, and actual (fake) giant robot causing a power outage to charge it's beam rifle XD. Of course they pull through on an unexpected way. That and I'm glad we don't know who won other than it being one of them, would've been playing faves otherwise when the show was about everyone. Great wrap up

5000 year old dragon - 10
Even evil the sheep wins. Lingzi giving the actual evil dragon a beat down so bad it caused Schizophrenia XD, who's the actual evil one here! Looks like a reunion next week

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
LycoReco

What a show. I was on the edge of my seat with this being the final episode, not knowing what they'd do.

cE3akGm.jpeg

Last edited:

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
I feel like Bokurano doesn't get talked about as much as other classics. Really loved it, it's kind of a haunting show that stays with you for a while after finishing.
UNINSTALL! the opening parts and that song will forever stick with me i remember randomly picking this up years ago good show one that i wish i could fill in a rewatch among many others

Princess Bubblegum

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Lycoris Recoil 13 End

That was really rushed and oddly structured. I have to wonder if they had enough lead time to make some alterations from what might have been the original plan.

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Cute Girls Who Do Manzai episode 12

Or course there's an evil organization running the Teppen.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Lycoris Recoil 13
Pretty perfect wrap up to me, Chisato is as selfish always. Teach got his big moment/personal arc ended. Open ended post script is always cool by me, whether we get a sequel, a movie or game(or all of the above) with how much this has blown up for an original anime

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Rascal getting a sequel dramatically increases the chance that they'll go back and dub the first season.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Yofukashi no Uta 9
Jy27bXf.jpeg

You what mate.

Yofukashi no Uta 11

3Hl79O4.jpeg

Props to show for this ep. After a while it seemed like the show wasn't interested in this, more serious angle of looking at mc's idiotic dream and I adjusted expectations accordingly but seems that's very much on the table stil. Neat.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'm the Villainess, So I'll Tame the final boss 1
Been a bit, but very similar to how the manga adapted this part of LN. Next weeks when things should really kick into gear tho. Aileen is great, hilariously aggressive and someone who knows how to go after a goal. Claude's nervous nature misfires were hilarious. So many fun facial expressions too. Can't wait for the next episode

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
LycoReco

What a show. I was on the edge of my seat with this being the final episode, not knowing what they'd do.

cE3akGm.jpeg
This was the best show ive seen so far this year alongside Akebis Sailor Uniform. The whole cast was enjoyable but the VO actress of Chisato and Takina did an outstanding job giving the characters so much personality.

And Kurumi is right. Mika is the most scariest of the group.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Lycoris Recoil

This ending felt a bit...rushed? This entire final confrontation felt somewhat pointless to me, even if it served to reestablish the ideological conflict between Chisato and Majima but it could have been done better and/or differently. The denouement was kind of underwhelming but I suppose that it fits the tone of the series that everything is fine in the end. The action scenes looked fairly stellar as usual and the scene between Mika and Yoshi was superbly executed.

Still, Lycoris was a very fun show. Absolutely gorgeous as well. I really liked most characters and Chisato is definitely a memorable character.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Akebi's Sailor Uniform 1-12

Some country rube impresses a bunch a townies who dont know any better.
This show was pretty great i have to say tho. Its probably as strong a production as your gonna get for a pure SOL even if its funneled into some odd or questionable areas at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.