• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
Are we getting a full season this time?
They're always being so weird about their airing schedule that some people didn't even know the first season was airing at the time. This time it seems like they're starting with a regular schedule though I don't understand them always being so secretive about this and then drop the "yeah... the first ep will drop in a couple weeks btw".

Also, Liquid Snake for Patriot's VA is amazing. I don't remember Patriot having a voice before so this is new right?

According to the story section on the official website, it looks like it's going to be 8 episodes again.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Saint Cecilia 11
GUYS, WE FINALLY HAVE PROGRESS! After 11 episodes, Lawrence... discovers feelings 🤯
Cute episode tho

Undead Murder Farce 12
I love how mean Shizuku is to Tsugaru. "Let's hope he dies" lmaoo. The attack on the werewolves was brutal. That chain attack goddamn

Wtf were those powerpoint transitions at the end tho

My Happy Marriage 12 END
Well, that was pretty much the ending that it needed, focused solely on Miyo and Kudo. The less of the emperor and the cousin creeper the better.

Well, season 2 is already confirmed so I'll probably watch it. Hopefully we get an update on how the Saimori family are doing for my own sick pleasure.

Vending Machine 12 END
G0SQN9l.jpeg

Okay, not really lol.
I pretty much just watched it for the novelty. It's... okay I guess. Will I watch season 2? Idk

Kissing a vending machine is funny as fuck tho

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Liar Liar - 5-7
This show still sucks, BUT. There's a store in episode 7 with a sign that says only couples are allowed to enter, with a graphic showing a boy and a girl, two girls, and two boys. Liar Liar said gay rights 🏳️‍🌈 #ally

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
What a ride this season of BUNGOU STRAY DOGS was.
Every single episode was excellent, and couldn't wait for next one.

I want to assume next part will be a movie with that ending there, unless they've already announced another season ?
I think we'll be waiting a long time for any announcement of a new season / film since the last episode actually went past the most recent manga chapter.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Heretical Last Boss Queen 12

How can a show manage to have a plot and character development its entire run yet still not have a point to it? I find that villainess stories tend to start strong before tapering off into nothing, and despite stuff happening this feels like one of those stories. At this point it's clear reforming the kingdom is just a side thing and not what the show is about. There's nothing of Pride fighting her evil impulses since she has none and is just paranoid that she'll revert back to her evil self despite no indication of that happening. Even as a power fantasy it feels weak when she spends most of her time enabling the pretty boys instead of exercising her own power. At least there's a proper villain out there now to enable medieval terrorism, but that was barely a thing this season. The only thing this excelled at was hyping up OG Pride as awesome villain who could've carried the show had she still existed.

Despite me being so negative, it wasn't the worst watch if you want the shoujo equivalent to the usual action isekai we normally get. And it is a good sign that we're getting run of the mill otome isekai. Need to establish some baseline of quality. But I really hope Tearmoon and In Love with the Vialliness deliver a lot more than this generic pile of meh.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Despite me being so negative, it wasn't the worst watch if you want the shoujo equivalent to the usual action isekai we normally get. And it is a good sign that we're getting run of the mill otome isekai. Need to establish some baseline of quality. But I really hope Tearmoon and In Love with the Vialliness deliver a lot more than this generic pile of meh.

I don't know about In Love, but Tearmoon should at least have a decent opening arc iirc

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Whelp, the HIDIVE app for the iPad got even shitter. Ever since the iPadOS update, you can't pause a video. If you do, the audio pauses, but not the video.

Oct 25, 2017
Lttp but I finally finished watching Metabots Season 3-4. It was alright, but not as good as S1-2 though.

Next is Record of Lodess War which will be start to watch by tomorrow.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Free One With Winner episode 12

Did...did she just use Boxxo as a sword?
Vending machines get all the chicks.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
The Great Cleric 12
Well that's some lore and plot drop for a S2 setup. Solid enough ending and a goofy but fun show
Vending Machine 12
Thrilling and sweet ending again with a bunch of plot setup for the future XD

Tomorrow I will catch up on undead murder farce. Maybe Yohane

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk Edgerunners 1 - 7

Goddamn. What a show. Everything about this from the writing to the art and animation to the music is firing on all cylinders. I have a sense of where this story is going though, and there is an unrelenting sadness here. Memento Mori seems to be a major theme in the universe of Cyberpunk.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Biao Ren Blades of The Guardians 1-2
saw the trailer few months ago, found out it already aired
the sakuga scenes so far is kinda weird, i think they're well choreographed but animated not totally smoothly, 1st ep had too many shaky cam as well
i'll probably finish all 15 episodes still

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Bungou Stray Dogs 5th Season - END
Damn.. They're ending it like that?
Also do we even still have more manga chapters for a new season..?

Oct 25, 2017
Reborn as a Vending Machine has been a wild ride of an Isekai. Nice to get a 2nd season.

Going through OP Skills at Level 1.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Link Click finale was both sad and mindblowing at the same time, the action scene was great, revelations at the end make me excited for the 3rd season

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I've made one purchase on Rightstuf (Rascal Does Not Dream movie + Teasing Master Takagi-San movie)

It took forever because I was backordered, but the items themselves were in great condition. Is the Crunchyroll store bad?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Synduality Noir 11
Huh, that's new. Never seen an the MC acknowledge someone's feelings for them but be completely oblivious to someone else's feelings. Selective denseness?

Also, this show is mid af. Weakest Bandai Namco show in a minute. It's a little funny tho

Edit: I just saw the game this show is based on. Maybe the anime isn't that bad after all 😬😬

Last edited:

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Vending Machine 12
Does not seem like a great sign that I kinda forgot what happened in the previous episode (a little filler-y?), but some interesting stuff here and thank goodness the ominous preview from last episode turned out to have a happy ending. Overall I liked it and I'll be back for season 2. Though I do wonder how much more the concept has to give--aren't there only so many ways a vending machine can contribute to fights and stuff?

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
One Piece Red

Good guy becomes bad becomes good again.
Well, that went bonkers the end there.
That ending was rather qdrupt.

Last edited:

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Seven Spellblades 12
I'm not sure what exactly it is but I really enjoy this series a lot
I think the characters and how they interact with eachother are fun and the setting is pretty well done too

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I finished Heavenly Delusion today. First off, when the fuck is season two coming out?

Secondly:

Where the hell did the boat come from and how the hell did the kids get on it? Is that something explained in the manga? Does that mean I have to read the manga now? All man!

Also, fuck Robin.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Masterful Cat 12
Omg that ending 😭😭😭

Oh thank GOD we're getting a 13th episode. I wasn't ready to part with this yet.

Kotaro Lives Alone 01
Ohhh, this one is gonna wreck me isn't it

InceptionLoop

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
I finished Heavenly Delusion today. First off, when the fuck is season two coming out?

Secondly:

Where the hell did the boat come from and how the hell did the kids get on it? Is that something explained in the manga? Does that mean I have to read the manga now? All man!

Also, fuck Robin.
Staff and author implied there will be a second season but it'll take years. Nothing officially announced yet.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017

Secondly:

Also, fuck Robin.
The anime ended few pages into chapter 38 and the series latest chapter is 58 which coming out this month (it's a monthly series). Like Ranking Of Kings, it's gonna be a while until they'll even have enough materials for 13 episodes anime. Even reading the manga gonna be a pain coz of its monthly wait.🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I will say, I don't think it's possible for hidive to stick the volume control in a stupider spot on the desktop site. it's positioned right below the 2-4 minute mark on the tracking bar and if you bring your mouse over it it bring up the volume bar that takes control over the tracking bar.... so it constantly gets in the way if you are trying to skip the opening >.<

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The anime ended few pages into chapter 38 and the series latest chapter is 58 which coming out this month (it's a monthly series). Like Ranking Of Kings, it's gonna be a while until they'll even have enough materials for 13 episodes anime. Even reading the manga gonna be a pain coz of its monthly wait.🤷🏽‍♂️
I read comics monthly. That's not really a pain for me 😆

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Link Click S2 - Complete

I'm not sure if I can really figure out my feelings about this season but I'm leaning towards mixed. The constant cliffhangers and then spending the next episode explaining how the last cliffhanger even happened before setting up a brand new cliffhanger felt relentless after awhile and I found myself just waiting to hear the explanation instead of being invested. There were aspects, like the twin's backstory, the character stuff between Cheng, Xiao and Lu Guang and the general production that I liked. I just wish I found the actual mystery more interesting, or at least less convoluted.

Reign of the Seven Spellblades - 12

Good to have a more focused storyline now I suppose. Didn't expect this much Pete focus and it's pretty funny how the series isn't pretending that there are cast members who just straight up aren't needed right now

Gene of AI - 11

Pretty dark side story for the nurse this week. Looks like Sudo will be jumping into a whole new story for the finale? I know the source material is made up of a main manga and two sequel manga one of which are still ongoing. No one's translated them so I have no clue if this series covered the whole first manga and I'd be surprised if this got a season 2

Apr 24, 2018
I've been trying a strategy to try and stay roughly a season behind so that I can binge shows that I'm interested in. This Summer Season is proving to be a bit thin, because most of the shows that I intend to watch (Dark Gathering, Helck, Jujutsu Kaisen S2, and Rurouni Kenshin remake) are two season shows that won't end until the end of the year rather than in the fall. Thus, I won't get to any of these shows until January.

I'll be watching The Duke of Death and his Maid S2, Horimiya Piece, and Mushoku Tensei S2 (first cour) from the Summer Season, shortly though!

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I've been trying a strategy to try and stay roughly a season behind so that I can binge shows that I'm interested in. This Summer Season is proving to be a bit thin, because most of the shows that I intend to watch (Dark Gathering, Helck, Jujutsu Kaisen S2, and Rurouni Kenshin remake) are two season shows that won't end until the end of the year rather than in the fall. Thus, I won't get to any of these shows until January.

I'll be watching The Duke of Death and his Maid S2, Horimiya Piece, and Mushoku Tensei S2 (first cour) from the Summer Season, shortly though!
You can watch the first 5 episode of JJS2 since it's a separate arc.

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Liar Liar - 8-10
mmrrghfjdjdkfk I've decided to see this one through but ohhhh jeez it sucks so hard. The opening and ending songs are really the only highlights of any given episode.

Rent-a-Peak S3 - 11
This episode really hit that perfect signature Kanokari balance of cute and completely infuriating.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Bungo Stray Dogs S4 - Complete

I think on a purely episode by episode basis, this was probably my favorite season so far. Everything felt very fun and propulsive and never let up which makes sense being a big Fugitive Arc. I think my only negatives are that the Bloodhounds weren't that interesting (they work fine as brick walls but mostly feel one dimensional) and this season started having alot of plot points and reveals rely on stuff they suddenly introduce out of nowhere (although there is in fact a part of the world that has that exact excuse). One more season to go, unfortunately I just missed it.

I'd also like to say that the body count in this show, or rather the lack thereof, is actually getting pretty ludicrous lol. You might as well add a plot point that every character has a secondary ability that makes them immune to death if someone says their name out loud.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up! I'm starting to become somewhat forgetful these days, but if I wind up watching the JJK 0 movie soon, I'll try to keep this in mind.
Since you didn't watch the movie yet, i suggest to watch it after 5 episodes of JJK2, it takes place after, it also flows better that way and a lot of things in the movie will make more sense with what you learn from the first 5 episodes of JJK2

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Liar Liar - 8-10
mmrrghfjdjdkfk I've decided to see this one through but ohhhh jeez it sucks so hard. The opening and ending songs are really the only highlights of any given episode.

Rent-a-Peak S3 - 11
This episode really hit that perfect signature Kanokari balance of cute and completely infuriating.
lair lair started off dumb but interesting enough that there might've been something fun with the premise but it just gets worse and worse and doesn't even have the quality to make it remotely bearable

the music was the only good aspect of it lol

Rent makes me so angry every week and i live for it this is peak wish fulfillment levels isekai's wish they could reach

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Level 1 - end
Chill enough wrap up and fun overall, but you can tell they did an opening that's either continue with the source or if there's a sequel it'll do whatever it feels like XD

Undead Girl Murder Farce 11-12
Boy things are amping up. In a really satisfying way too. Tho this is all ending some kind of to be continued at this rate but since it's an adaption, just gotta hope for another season. Look forward to the final episode

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Undead Girl Murder Farce 11-12
Boy things are amping up. In a really satisfying way too. Tho this is all ending some kind of to be continued at this rate but since it's an adaption, just gotta hope for another season. Look forward to the final episode
Apparently the anime is adapting all the existing material, while the novel itself didn't release any new volume for a while so we may wait quite a bit, if there is any continuation at all

Status
Not open for further replies.