Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Apparently the anime is adapting all the existing material, while the novel itself didn't release any new volume for a while so we may wait quite a bit, if there is any continuation at all
Oof. I mean it's not bad but I assume it's not a fully wrapped up story outside of the current arc. But it's so good I want more XD

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Soaring Sky Pretty Cure 34

The economy's rough for former villains kicked out of their empire. Good on Battamonda and Kaboton for trying to become productive members of society nevertheless. Batta had his serious moments, but he's much funnier when he sucks at being evil, or even a jerk. Mashiro could really use a bit more edge in her picture books though. Guess Skearhead is just gonna be doing the usual then. Hope he's not the only baddie till the finale. Good on Majesty for still not overshadowing the others.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Level 1 - end
Chill enough wrap up and fun overall, but you can tell they did an opening that's either continue with the source or if there's a sequel it'll do whatever it feels like XD
Yeah, it's ok. I like Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skill better though coz at least the main character doesn't just unintentionally build his harem. Plus the animation is way better coz it's MAPPA.

Apr 24, 2018
Yeah, absolutely watch the movie first.

Since you didn't watch the movie yet, i suggest to watch it after 5 episodes of JJK2, it takes place after, it also flows better that way and a lot of things in the movie will make more sense with what you learn from the first 5 episodes of JJK2
Thanks to you both. I was originally planning on watching the movie before S2, but will instead go for this alternative approach. I had intended to jump right into the "new" content but decided to do something that I rarely ever do - I'm planning a re-watch of S1 of JJK since outside of high level things, specific details of things have gotten pretty hazy for me.

The only other show I can recall re-watching in recent years due to not being able to remember things well (and not simply due to just wanting to rewatch) was the first slayer of Kimetsu no Yaiba/Demon Slayer. Getting old sucks lol.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Horimiya Piece 13
They STILL didn't cover everything 😭

Cute episode tho, but the graduation part could've definitely been longer. They should've removed any scene with Yasuda to make up for it.

Would it be possible for them to cover the rest? Can't wait for "Horimiya: oops, we found some more pieces!"

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Any chance of horimiya piece ovas?
We can only hope. Maybe if it does Aniplex plays nice and lets the OVA stre- hahaha I can't even finish that sentence

Me whining that they made this into movies but will be in the theaters opening night:

cover2.jpg

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Same I wasn't a fan of the movie adaptation decision, especially as someone who has the series as one of their favorites, but I'll gobble them right up 😂.
Just hoping it'll be available in theaters where i live.

NoobSauceG7

Feb 7, 2022

Keiriks

Omicron Persei 8 Logic
Aug 19, 2021
Reykjavík, Iceland
Liar Liar - 11&12 END
At last the nightmare is over. Why did I watch this? I don't understand. The action scenes towards the end being mostly still frames with screen shake and speed lines was pretty funny I guess

and it does bear repeating, the opening and ending songs are SUCH bangers.

whatever/10

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Burn the Witch
Was in a Bleach mood so I decided to finally check this out.

It's... meh. The world is pretty cool tho and I like the idea of the big dragons being based on fairy tales, but the characters are kinda shallow. They really spend no time on just who the MCs are.

And Balgo? Ugh, don't get me started on this waste of space. Went through the first episode without any pervy Kubo shit then this idiot comes in.

This was fucking gorgeous tho, like goddamn Cinderella's design was fantastic.
d8e36956a9db4a5f6962b234aecc298b0948297f.gif

And I would die for Osushi... until they made him a perv too 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Bungo Stray Dogs Season 5 - Complete

Well that's that, all caught up finally. Very surreal feeling.

You can tell after watching this season that it depended alot on Season 4 for stuff like character focus and setups because Season 5 was all about pure propulsion. Like a an anime version of a season of 24. Plans, lots of plans, counter plans to those plans, reaction to those plans, lots of running and even literally going back in time to make your past self come up with a plan in reaction to another plan. Eventually most of the cast kinda take a back seat purely because the story has to scramble to get everything in place so one half of the cast are in the middle of acting out Rampo's plan while the other half are mindless vampires offscreen.

I was definitely never bored, that's for sure. Still, I can't help but feel there's an even better, maybe even excellent version of BSD that exists where stuff like the Bloodhounds and the vague World War were things that existed far earlier in the story.

Not sure why I saw people thinking this was the end of the franchise. I know we're apparently out of material but things were pretty clearly unresolved and we even ended with a cliffhanger. Either way it seems the series is on ice for now, so until the next season BSD.

Oh and just throwing this out there, but Fyodor is definitely a body swapper and has backed up his personality onto Sigma. There's no way this franchise is going to get rid of this guy after three seasons and a movie and Sigma's character design is just ostentatious enough to be an anime villain.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
No doubt this will be awesome and I am very excited for it and frankly it's better than them not adapting it, but definitely mixed feelings considering how they will have to cut out large portions of the manga if they are going to ONLY do 2 films with how much is left.

Haikyuu manga spoilers
I feel like they could adapt the matches that got cut through OVAs, similar to Nekoma vs Nohebi OVA. I think that can be done..
Problem is if they cut the important flashbacks, I think that would be upsetting.

Plus on another note, the second movie I feel like would be harder, they need to adapt another important match plus the final arc.. I can't imagine they can fit all of them in one movie. Except if they do a Final Final Part 😂

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Gathering - 12

Really been enjoying these last couple of episodes. Yeah we're definitely getting into battle shonen stuff but at least the visuals of the "battles" look appropriately creepy and I'm getting excited to see the newest ghost

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Yeah I shouldn't be surprised they're getting Ado. But before this has Ado even done an OP/ED for a tv show?
AFAIK it's only for OP Film Red (which is like, 5-6 songs? and all bangers)...
Ppl wanted her for Chainsaw Man but I guess we now know her first TV series debut (IF it's her first).

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
Not anime but Ado's done a few live action drama themes and a theme for that Silent Service movie coming out. But this is her first TV Anime OP.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Link Click S2 - Complete

I'm not sure if I can really figure out my feelings about this season but I'm leaning towards mixed. The constant cliffhangers and then spending the next episode explaining how the last cliffhanger even happened before setting up a brand new cliffhanger felt relentless after awhile and I found myself just waiting to hear the explanation instead of being invested. There were aspects, like the twin's backstory, the character stuff between Cheng, Xiao and Lu Guang and the general production that I liked. I just wish I found the actual mystery more interesting, or at least less convoluted.

That's my take yeah. I feel like the actual material itself was fine, but it feels like 50% of the anime was characters running in circles. There still also very little explanation about how the two leads met and their pasts (and why they have complementary powers), which once they moved from episodic format to the more story oriented format started to feel necessary.

Also the cop dude who murdered his wife ended up being a chud and kind of a dumb villain. I feel like they could have used more time to explore his relationship with the twins instead of overexplaining and recapping shit.

Overall Idk, it also feels like a completely different show.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Summer 2023 recap:

The best: Zom 100, Jujutsu Kaisen

Damn good: Undead Murder Farce, Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War, The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today

Okay, I guess: The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses, Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence, My Happy Marriage, Tonikawa: Happy School Days, Vending Machine, Horimiya: The Missing Pieces

Mid: Synduality Noir, Rent-A-Girlfriend, Atelier Ryza, Liar Liar

TRASH: Yumemiru, Tenpuru, Masamune-Kun's Revenge

Best OP: SpecialZ (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Best ED: Happiness (Zom 100)

WOOF, this season was rough. Crazy that the best shows are ones that didn't air all their episodes yet lol. Can't wait for Fall season.

Horimiya that low hurts so much. The first season is probably one of my favorite romcoms but this season proved that they shouldn't have skipped shit in the first place (and wtf was that Yasuda stuff? Gross)

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Emily episode 12

Why does the monster look like a human...ah fuck it, let's kill her.
Erza is going to kill all you bitches.

B-Komachi

Alt account
Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Not technically a Summer anime, but Oshi no Ko was incredible, just finished it last week.

Aka Akasaka never misses

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
IM@S CG 25

The drama towards the end worked better than when they cranked up the drama early on at least.

Still... There were like almost 50 idols in the show in total?
toomany.jpg

A ranking of the main 14 in the show:
Smiling main character idol
Tall godzilla idol
Fried chicken idol
Russian idol
Cat idol
Rock idol
Sleepy idol
Way to young to be an idol
Younger sister idol
Not-Ruby idol
Not-Yohane idol
Standard long black hair character idol
Snacking idol
Some kind of bland sports idol

Liked a buch of the OG IMAS chacters better than anbody in this one though :P

Echoing the sentiment around Link Click S2. I kinda liked it, but it confused me a lot and I feel, I only understood half the plot. Also the main villain ended up as a somewhat weird disappointment. He seemed much more mysterious before.
Still looking forward to S3. Maybe finally we'll get to see more about their past, how they met and found out about their powers etc. Their friendship was the biggest selling point for me to keep up with the series to begin with.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about halfway through Link Click S2 and my main problem is that every episode takes about five minutes to get going.

Season one did not have that issue.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
IM@S CG Theater 01

net.jpg

Well, that's kinda awkward to have encoded into the video now that it's on Crunchyroll, ain't it?

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
IM@S CG Theater 03

best.jpg

Oh wait... I changed my mind. This is the best IM@S CG idol :P
ya know both this and the bang dream shorts ive yet to see... and there's like 50+ episodes of 1mins but i think it's time to check em out to get hyped up for idol overload in fall

i'm sure you're on your way to watching U149 if you haven't already seen one of the best idol shows of 2023

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017

/r/anime Surveys

r/anime's survey for the upcoming season is out, and I always find these pretty fascinating for things like age and gender demographic breakdowns. Had no idea Arknights skewed towards older audiences. Although I guess it makes sense what with the source material being a tower defense game.

A ton of people are also still sleeping on Uma Musume, which is a shame, especially after how good Road To The Top was this season.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Summer 2023 recap:

The best: Zom 100, Jujutsu Kaisen

Damn good: Undead Murder Farce, Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War, The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today

Okay, I guess: The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses, Saint Cecilia and Pastor Lawrence, My Happy Marriage, Tonikawa: Happy School Days, Vending Machine, Horimiya: The Missing Pieces

Mid: Synduality Noir, Rent-A-Girlfriend, Atelier Ryza, Liar Liar

TRASH: Yumemiru, Tenpuru, Masamune-Kun's Revenge

Best OP: SpecialZ (Jujutsu Kaisen)
Best ED: Happiness (Zom 100)

WOOF, this season was rough. Crazy that the best shows are ones that didn't air all their episodes yet lol. Can't wait for Fall season.

Horimiya that low hurts so much. The first season is probably one of my favorite romcoms but this season proved that they shouldn't have skipped shit in the first place (and wtf was that Yasuda stuff? Gross)
Where's Ikimono-san?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I'm always up for another foray into the childhood friend genre

Status
Not open for further replies.