• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Laundry Shota episode 12

Ryoma, take a fucking break!

A Lady Knight, A Fairy, Rincewind, And Handyman Walk Into A Bar episode 12

Everybody loves Saitou, Everybody wants Saitou. Get in line!
Fairy got big.
Morlock's dick got biggerer.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend, Girlfriend, Girlfriend, Girlfriend Season 1 English dub

The term idiot couple was invented for this anime, wasn't it? I have never seen a bunch of insufferable twits in my life...

When's the second season?
Also, Saki Saki and Nagisa need to dump this twit and go fuck each other.
Saki Saki's mom is something else. "Well, did you fuck him?" Whaaaaaa?
Did they really spend half the series trying to get that twin tails girl (Tits Mcgee as Saki Saki calls her) to get off the MC?
Saki Saki calling every girl in series a slut is hilarious.

Nagisa is best girlriend.

Last edited:

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Still thinking about Trigun Stampede final episode. Will rewatch the final episode as soon as i got the time. It's so good i still think about it during commute to work.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
the butcher is back to the puppet gulags already after briefly escaping to write anime. You love to see it.

Healer Girl 1-4
this is good anime.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Chris is battle fiend, female Goku...

Edit: never read the manga/novel, I think the leader of the steelblood front is probably a descendant of King Inglis.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Reborn to master the blade 12-end
To fight the evil bad, the mysterious bad or the dream bad…. Whoops took too long and one made the choice for me! Foooood! The curse of the weapon! More responsibility ducking XD. Nice enough wrap up

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Reborn to master the blade has some of the randomly most weird/off-putting facial designs/stills, lol- I'm not sure if it's the proportions, the shadow(s) on the character faces, and/or something else too, but at times it was SUPER weird, lol.

The close-up on Rani's face during her 'internal thoughts' while debating on the benefits of Chris becoming the head of the kingdom's knights, for example.

Still a fun enough little show for the season, even if it ended in a cliche 'the deeper plot is only now just beginning, but you'll need to buy the manga/novel to know more semi-cliffhanger tease.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Irina the Vampire Cosmonaut 12 END
This show continually shot itself in the foot every time they reminded me vampires exist in this world. So no, I was not a fan of this ending nor was I ever a fan of this series poor attempts to compare the real life persecution and ostracism of Romani people to a fictional race. That said, this show is a pretty good space anime. If you can stomach the truly trite vampire content and don't mind terrible animation, then the space race story as told from the USSR side of things is very interesting viewing.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Vinland Saga S2 - 12
Thorgil is certainly having a good time while Ketil and Olmar are having their worst day ever

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Dangers In My Heart looks Interesting. The lead is like Tomoko, but with more blood lust.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Vampire Dies in No time S2
Pretty perfect wrap up. Poor Ta-chan, kinda bummed she didn't get a major win like Maria last season. Poor Sanzu missing out on the fan service

Campfire Cooking in another world 12
Still bummed about that story cut (they skipped the world building where he explicitly chose the country he did because they didn't discriminate or enslave demihumans). But overall a pretty solid adaption and just a chill time

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Dangers In My Heart looks Interesting. The lead is like Tomoko, but with more blood lust.

This anime will make or break for me based on how dark the thoughts of the male MC are. Like if he's really shit, they'll need to quickly move on from that bc I'll likely be struggling already.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Studio Ghibili in trouble Co-founder is using the company money and his influence and the current president is either forced out or quiting because of this.
qZuTn6PHwtKYq6zMkp2dmY3Y1d4.webp

Toshio Suzuki is the co-founder of Ghibili with Hayao Miyazaki, and producer of many of it's serie.

And unlike Miyazaki who doesn't like to put himself in front of the camera, Toshio is usually the person on camera alot
qZuTn6PHwtPH2qWfkZ2flY3Y1d4.webp

According to the Japanese women magazine Prime article, he is currently considered a big problem in the company and including using company resource to help a woman from Thailand named Kanyada.

The situation got serious when the current president Koji Hoshino that took the job in 2008, is now stating he will be goine in June of this year
qZuTn6PHw56ZsKrLlZ2dmo3Y1d4.webp

Kanyada has been seen multiple time in Public with Toshio

2020 - With her advertising her photo book on Ghibili
qZuTn6PLxKCc29bJmbLC2rW3sqfI.webp

According to insider information
"In 2013, Mr. Suzuki fell in love with Kanyada, a Thai woman, at first sight and became completely infatuated with her. When Kanyada contacted him after she returned home, Mr. Suzuki offered financial assistance to Kanyada to open a spa and restaurant in Thailand for the reason of "making the single mother self-reliant," but it didn't last long. But up to this point, Mr. Suzuki has been taking money out of his own pocket, so at least that's something.
qZuTn6PJlKWYraugmp_dl5Kblaqg.webp

"In 2018, Mr. Suzuki opened a Ghibli restaurant in Thailand and gave the business to Kanyada, which also did not do well and closed down in about a year. 2020, when the Ghibli Museum of Art wanted to publish an official photo book, Mr. Suzuki gave the filming job to Kanyada, who had no experience in photography.
qZuTn6PHwp-HqNeXwp2emo3Y1d4.webp

"Mr. Suzuki also assigns Ghibli employees to take care of Kanyada's chores, and everyone can only sigh. Since her airfare and lodging expenses were considered part of Mr. Suzuki's official duties, they were paid to Ghibli. The editor of a publishing house once approached Mr. Suzuki with a proposal to publish a book, and Mr. Suzuki made the condition that "the photography work should be handed over to Kanyada," which bothered the editor, and an exhibition of Kanyada's photographs was scheduled to be held in April in the hot spring town of Iwate Prefecture, which was also initiated by Mr. Suzuki. A Ghibli employee even said, "He just wants to go to a hot spring with her, right?
qZuTn6PHwqfI2aSglZ2em43Y1d4.webp

"Mr. Hoshino once advised him, "Mr. Suzuki, please distinguish between public and private affairs. I'm afraid that this made Mr. Suzuki very unhappy, and other factors led to Mr. Hoshino's resignation, who was appointed by Mr. Suzuki himself as the president of the company. He used to be a well-known film producer, but now the company can't stand him anymore.
qZuTn6PHwqOdp9bIkp2enY3Y1d4.webp

Will this cause big problem for Ghibili?
qZuTn6PHwtCYq6eXk52el43Y1d4.webp

www.jprime.jp

ジブリ生みの親・鈴木敏夫氏がタイ人女性にベタ惚れで内部崩壊! タイで公認レストラン経営、未経験で写真家に起用、社長を更迭、公私混同すぎる驚きの振る舞い | 週刊女性PRIME

'08年からスタジオジブリの社長を務めてきた星野康二氏が3月末で退任し、6月に退社することになった。これは長年、社内で放置されてきた問題を生み出してきたジブリ初代社長の鈴木敏夫プロデューサーについて、星野社長が言及したためだという──。

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Studio Ghibili in trouble Co-founder is using the company money and his influence and the current president is either forced out or quiting because of this.

Toshio Suzuki is the co-founder of Ghibili with Hayao Miyazaki, and producer of many of it's serie.

And unlike Miyazaki who doesn't like to put himself in front of the camera, Toshio is usually the person on camera alot

According to the Japanese women magazine Prime article, he is currently considered a big problem in the company and including using company resource to help a woman from Thailand named Kanyada.

The situation got serious when the current president Koji Hoshino that took the job in 2008, is now stating he will be goine in June of this year

"In 2013, Mr. Suzuki fell in love with Kanyada, a Thai woman, at first sight and became completely infatuated with her. When Kanyada contacted him after she returned home, Mr. Suzuki offered financial assistance to Kanyada to open a spa and restaurant in Thailand for the reason of "making the single mother self-reliant," but it didn't last long. But up to this point, Mr. Suzuki has been taking money out of his own pocket, so at least that's something.

"In 2018, Mr. Suzuki opened a Ghibli restaurant in Thailand and gave the business to Kanyada, which also did not do well and closed down in about a year. 2020, when the Ghibli Museum of Art wanted to publish an official photo book, Mr. Suzuki gave the filming job to Kanyada, who had no experience in photography.

"Mr. Suzuki also assigns Ghibli employees to take care of Kanyada's chores, and everyone can only sigh. Since her airfare and lodging expenses were considered part of Mr. Suzuki's official duties, they were paid to Ghibli. The editor of a publishing house once approached Mr. Suzuki with a proposal to publish a book, and Mr. Suzuki made the condition that "the photography work should be handed over to Kanyada," which bothered the editor, and an exhibition of Kanyada's photographs was scheduled to be held in April in the hot spring town of Iwate Prefecture, which was also initiated by Mr. Suzuki. A Ghibli employee even said, "He just wants to go to a hot spring with her, right?

"Mr. Hoshino once advised him, "Mr. Suzuki, please distinguish between public and private affairs. I'm afraid that this made Mr. Suzuki very unhappy, and other factors led to Mr. Hoshino's resignation, who was appointed by Mr. Suzuki himself as the president of the company. He used to be a well-known film producer, but now the company can't stand him anymore.

www.jprime.jp

ジブリ生みの親・鈴木敏夫氏がタイ人女性にベタ惚れで内部崩壊! タイで公認レストラン経営、未経験で写真家に起用、社長を更迭、公私混同すぎる驚きの振る舞い | 週刊女性PRIME

'08年からスタジオジブリの社長を務めてきた星野康二氏が3月末で退任し、6月に退社することになった。これは長年、社内で放置されてきた問題を生み出してきたジブリ初代社長の鈴木敏夫プロデューサーについて、星野社長が言及したためだという──。
I can't help but think of Odd Taxi

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
the butcher is back to the puppet gulags already after briefly escaping to write anime. You love to see it.

Healer Girl 1-4
this is good anime.
Urobuchi actually wrote very little of the actual script for Revenger. Urobuchi set the outline for each episode, but Renji Ōki wrote most of the actual dialogue. In the first half of the show Urobuchi would made adjustments to the script and write some parts himself, but in the back half Urobuchi only made major contributions to episode 8 according to the episode credits. I'm guessing that was the scene in the restaurant where Kurima and Sada have their conversation regarding the nature of killing, which was the Urobuchi-est scene in the entire show. Urobuchi discussed this subject in a recent interview, where he praised Ōki's writing and said that the show wouldn't have turned out as well without him. This production method is similar to how Psycho-Pass was written, although I believe Urobuchi contributed more of the script for that show and wrote the majority of certain episodes.

Urobuchi is still the sole writer for Thunderbolt Fantasy, at least as far as we know. He tweeted about four months ago that he completed the draft for season 4.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Digimon Frontier 2, 3
Gosh, everyone is so mean and rude to each other. JP is horrid, just constantly talking down to the other kids. At least the spirit evolutions are cool.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I can watch Gundam on the official Youtube channel its starting to look like I can cancel my Crunchyroll subscription this season. Really not seeing anything that would interest me.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

www.jprime.jp

If this guy has that much control over Ghibli, it party explains why their output has been so incredibly low for a while.

edit: ~2013 is when their last collection of films came out. The timing is really close.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
If this guy has that much control over Ghibli, it party explains why their output has been so incredibly low for a while.

edit: ~2013 is when their last collection of films came out. The timing is really close.

Takahata retired and then died, Hayao Miyazaki 'retired' again and they chased away/overworked to death everybody else who directed a movie except for Goro, so it's not like they had anybody who could make Ghibli movies left... :P

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Takahata retired and then died, Hayao Miyazaki 'retired' again and they chased away/overworked to death everybody else who directed a movie except for Goro, so it's not like they had anybody who could make Ghibli movies left... :P
oh for sure and they failed to grow talent since then I guess and I wonder if the co-owner is partly to blame with those odd business ventures.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
oh for sure and they failed to grow talent since then I guess and I wonder if the co-owner is partly to blame with those odd business ventures.

They failed to properly grow talent in the 20+ years before this even happened. Why would they start growing talent after everything got (almost) shut down and both Takehara and Miyazaki retired? Who would even be left to oversee such things? :p

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Is the HIDIVE web app better than their mobile app? Their mobile app is such a subpar experience it makes me not want to deal with it even if I like the shows.

The scrubbing only works if you drag while it's playing, otherwise it pauses and replays where it once was. Sometimes scrubbing gesture drags the video around rather than scrub. The right side doesn't seem to register most taps. There's no control for slight rewinds or skips (either as a tap control or as a double tap gesture). It switches sub to dub, and/or switches the sub language altogether. It doesn't seem to keep track of what you've actually watched. If HIDIVE wants to compete it needs a serious set of product owners and developers to make this better.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Is the HIDIVE web app better than their mobile app? Their mobile app is such a subpar experience it makes me not want to deal with it even if I like the shows.

The scrubbing only works if you drag while it's playing, otherwise it pauses and replays where it once was. Sometimes scrubbing gesture drags the video around rather than scrub. The right side doesn't seem to register most taps. There's no control for slight rewinds or skips (either as a tap control or as a double tap gesture). It switches sub to dub, and/or switches the sub language altogether. It doesn't seem to keep track of what you've actually watched. If HIDIVE wants to compete it needs a serious set of product owners and developers to make this better.
Yeah the web app is what I use even on mobile, the mobile app got abandoned years ago. The Xbox app is ok for the most part tho

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks! I'll take relatively better at this point lol.

Edit: kinda shocking the Xbox app would be better than mobile apps!

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
MMMEEEEEAAAAATTTTT! episode 12

Cleaniness is next to godliness Fel.
Godddesses! Too bad they were underused in the series but they were always a delight.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
The Tomo anime was alright in the end. Still cant understand how or why it got an anime in 2023.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i'll take surprise revivals for manga i liked any day of the week

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
That was a great ending for Tomo. Loved all of the bubbles and sparkles they started introducing during the date. And the ending was top shelf. Def one of my favs of the season.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
MMMEEEEEAAAAATTTTT! episode 12

Cleaniness is next to godliness Fel.
Godddesses! Too bad they were underused in the series but they were always a delight.
I have no clue what book this adaptation got to but they start showing up more and more as the series commences to the point where the books are roughly one third adventuring, one third cooking, one third giving shit to gods.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
This season of Bungo Stray Dogs was pretty damn good.

I don't read the manga (is there even one ?), so can anyone tell me if we're catching up to it, or if story is already finished ?

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only three episodes into the Bunghole dub but its been focusing so far on my least favorite character. Hopefully it gets better.

When does Golden Kamuy come back?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Zoids CC 15
Not sure about the speech the colonel was giving but this was otherwise a great episode. Gojolas is a cool stand-in for Godzilla. Van going out into the battlefield to save Irvine without the help of Zeke was great. The episode was dark and moody with all the rain. I had a big grin when Zeke was up and about at the end, missed you buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.