Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
awww I thought I read there was some split cour thing with Urusei Yatsura. wait for 2024 will stink

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Rewatched Weathering with you for the 3rd time, this time with my ma because it had Dutch subtitles

I still don't see why so many people rate it lower then your name.. Still think this movie is legit great and the final act always gets me…

Can't wait for Suzume next month it seems to release in my cinema

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
UY 23
That was a far more entertaining end to the current run of UY. Looking forward to the next half in 2024.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
My Sister Turned Me Into A Loli episode 12

IT HAS RETURNED.
YOU WILL EAT YOUR COD MILT AND YOU LIKE IT. I had to look this up....ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Why did they have to make a big show of Mahiro drinking the drug?
Anyway, cute series. Not as bad as it could of been. Very sweet relationship between siblings.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Urusei Yatsura 23
Oh huh, didn't expect this season to be over already. I did think the animation seemed better than usual.

Despite the lead girl going around in a bikini, this didn't really feel like a fanservicey show, so the actual fanservice with Sakura bound up by that snake felt out of place. Well, at least she's an actual adult.

Given this is an early 80's story, I'm surprised the characters had fairly mild or even positive reactions to Ran kissing other women.

Anyway, this was a pretty fun episode. It's a shame we'll have to wait until 2024 for more.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
yuri princess 12 end
kappa prides everywhere while i didn't fully buy in on their relationship so soon in 1 season the gay-ness was worth something in the end i guess certified good junk food (can't say i cared for the plot though)

ICE guy and Cool girl 12
i expected nothing from the outcome of this so eh the characters were cute and despite it being a adult work place show the actual highjinks were pretty mid and romance was on the level of a middle schooler anime lol it mostly felt one sided
our cool girl broke the record for most outfits in one season this amount of detail is something i'd expect from PA works

also i couldn't get over how funny all the staring eye shots were it was the funniest part of the show

Tomo 12
oh this isn't the end? might as well been the whole premise is done now!

i have a year to continue UY :P

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hoooooly fuck Your Lie in April is sooo good

I'm only on episode 10 and this might already be an all-timer for me

I soured on it as someone that can no longer stand love interests that are physically abusive, but goddamn is the ED song Orange one of the greatest to ever do it

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
duping my post from the Witch OT,

This Saturday night at 10pm EST/7pm PST the Gundam Info Youtube Channel will be streaming the subtitled season of "Witch From Mercury" in one go and will also have a simultaneous stream on Vtuber Ina's channel for a watchalong with her colleague IRyS. They are both big mecha fans so its cool to see they got this gig.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxDFZf7hYXA

ina-irys-gundam.png

No waiting room for the stream up yet but here is the link to her channel.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I like the idea of the watch along, especially with Ina, she's pretty laid back. Glad they got the gig, and hope to see more stuff like this (albeit in genre that I'm more likely to watch).

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
A G-Witch watchalong sounds really cool..

Ooyukiumi no Kaina - END
Overall I'd say I liked it.. But honestly, I prefer the first half over the second half. I think what I liked most about the show was the exploration and the worldbuilding, not a really big fan of the war stuff..

But hey, that's resolved! And now we enter a new story arc which will be covered in the movie. I'm glad it got some kind of a continuation because there's still too much to explore.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
*Tries to buy tickets on Fandango for Suzume*
*Gets to seat selection and chooses seat*
*Internal server error. Please try again*

FUCK!

Edit: Okay, it went through. Whew.

Last edited:

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Farming In Another World With A Bunch Of Horny Elves episode 12

Nice ending to a great series. "Oh, more people? We'll have to build a second village." Pretty soon, you'll have a city, dude.
Anyway, great characters, altough with so many a lot of them got sidelined to tropes. The demon kingdom segements were great. "Oh, shit, they have the great Lulucy, the Angel of Annihilation, an elven army, a pack of demon wolves and a greater demon spider? We're fucked if we attack them." One of the best gags of the show is how the MC unwittely built the greatest army the world has ever seen. I hope there's more, but there probably won't be.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
SDF Macross Ep. 24 & 25

What the fuck kind of misogynistic bullshit did I just watch? The Max and Milia storyline is irredeemably bad, fucking hell. I won't even call it a romance. The only semi-justification is if this was a result of production being an increased mess because of the increased episode order. It's not even told well!

The show has fucked gender politics but this storyline is on another level.

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Tengoku Daimakyou is a very interesting manga by Masakazu Ishiguro, the mangaka behind Soremachi (And Yet the Town Moves). It's just a shame that the manga has a lot of disturbing scenes and i don't mean gore. That aside i really really like the manga. Afternoon magazine just has a lot of great stuff.

-
Also they released the first PV for JJK S2

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aybr_9MzKXI

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Huh. I'll take more horimiya I guess. I don't think it's incredible any more, but I have good memories

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
SDF Macross Ep. 24 & 25

What the fuck kind of misogynistic bullshit did I just watch? The Max and Milia storyline is irredeemably bad, fucking hell. I won't even call it a romance. The only semi-justification is if this was a result of production being an increased mess because of the increased episode order. It's not even told well!

The Max and Milia story is hilariously bad.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to hear more Horimiya is coming even if they rushed the fuck out of that first season and skipped stuff.

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
SDF Macross Ep. 24 & 25

making me wonder if they knew the relationship was shit to begin with considering what happens in macross 7

Oct 25, 2017
So my brother and his wife just got into Fate and talking about it with him got me getting back into it, played a bit of Grand Order when it first released but hadn't watched anything since Heaven's Feel 1.

Has there been any legitimate discussion, rumors, hints, etc about a remake of the Saber route?
I'd love to see it and my brother apparently doesn't want to watch the Studio Deen version.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
Other than new shows, looks like there are plenty of sequels announced too like Horimiya and Re Zero
www.animenewsnetwork.com

New Horimiya -piece- Anime Premieres in July

Most of cast, staff return for stories not covered in previous anime

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IQM5EPf2Y0

who asked for th... oh.
So my brother and his wife just got into Fate and talking about it with him got me getting back into it, played a bit of Grand Order when it first released but hadn't watched anything since Heaven's Feel 1.

Has there been any legitimate discussion, rumors, hints, etc about a remake of the Saber route?
I'd love to see it and my brother apparently doesn't want to watch the Studio Deen version.
It's been dead quiet afaik, Ufo embraced the gatcha slavery so they're taken for a while.

edit: speaking of fate:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQOtt9tW0F4

Last edited:

Angelo

Aug 24, 2018
Buddy Daddies - 11
This is a really tough episode to watch. How are they going to explain this one to Miri (even though they technically did)? This ep got my eyes watery although I'm not feeling the comedic part near the end of the ep.. Hyped for the next ep!

EDIT: Wait what, next week is the last already?

Last edited:

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017

Nasu did mention something about needing to rewrite it if it was brought back in some kind of adaptation but he didn't specify whether it be for a remake anime or for a possible remake of the VN. I personally have no hope for it without how incredibly long it took them to remake just a portion of Tsukihime. Also still no localization news for that all this time after. I think the only way right now is to dump the game from a hacked switch and install a mod or something for a single route that has been fan translated. Maybe with the moderate success of Mahoyo re-release/localization, things will be sped up.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Ars 12 END
S2 when?

With a cliffhanger like that, I really do hope we are getting another season. A bit rocky at parts, but solid world building and a strong plot, plus a great second half has me hoping we get more.
Other than new shows, looks like there are plenty of sequels announced too like Horimiya and Re Zero
www.animenewsnetwork.com

New Horimiya -piece- Anime Premieres in July

Most of cast, staff return for stories not covered in previous anime

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IQM5EPf2Y0

Aww yeah more Re:Zero!

Status
Not open for further replies.