This show was cute and stupid. I enjoy.
aharen-san-aharen-san-anime.gif

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Yuri Princess Revolution 12
RAINBOWS EVERYWHERE
KISSING! IMPLIED SEX!
MORE RAINBOWS!

This is such a breath of fresh air in terms of growth/progress, especially after finishing Ice Guy.

Hope there's a season 2 when the remainder of the LN finish, but if not this ends pretty damn well.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is such a breath of fresh air in terms of growth/progress, especially after finishing Ice Guy.

Hope there's a season 2 when the remainder of the LN finish, but if not this ends pretty damn well.
I feel like the anime made a bunch of changes from the LN that make the most sense if we assume they aren't planning a second season and thus want to tie things up more neatly by getting rid of details that would be extraneous if this is supposed to be the end of the anime

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the anime made a bunch of changes from the LN that make the most sense if we assume they aren't planning a second season and thus want to tie things up more neatly by getting rid of details that would be extraneous if this is supposed to be the end of the anime

Yeah by the sounds of it I agree. I kind of like this approach. If it gets stuck in one season land, then it's still satisfying. If it gets a second then they can find a way to introduce some plot points that would have been loose ends.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Yuri Princess

Although I'm glad how it ended, the fact that Euphie is immortal sucks. I also don't like the idea that Anis would be able to find a way to become immortal. Better age and get old together

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Noein 9

The best episode so far. Some really good dramatic moments that also explain why the mother acted the way she did.

It's a shame that we're likely going back to the boring, action-heavy sakugafest but I hope that some of the episodes will actually have more to them than just plain old fisticuffs.

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Noein 10

Pretty much nothing happened in this episode. Karasu fought that one guy again for the fifth time and it ended in a draw (again).

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
MMEEEEAAAAAATTTTTTT! episode 11

And Fel and Sui kicked all the Wverns asses and they had a huge meal afterwards while the rest of the adventurers worried themselves sick.
Who are these fucks at the end? Oh, I remember you guys. Where's the sugar goddesses? WHERE ARE THEY?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yuri Princess

Although I'm glad how it ended, the fact that Euphie is immortal sucks. I also don't like the idea that Anis would be able to find a way to become immortal. Better age and get old together
I mean Anis is becoming a dragon because of the dragon's curse supposedly (though I don't think we know what this actually entails at this point) so there's that

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
Noein 12

This episode was a sakuga fest, it looked very impressive. Stellar action but that's about it.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
MagiRevo having not 1, but 3 full on kisses is pretty great, hopefully the bar keeps going up, not sliding back downwards.

They IMO didn't do really the...best job explaining Anis' and Euphie's positions and the downfalls for the other person (IMO Anis has much more of a point on Euphie being immortal and how big the downsides could be, albeit that could just be due to the other immortal spirit contractor rushing/mis-explaining the contract and how 'long' it takes for the effects of the contract and/or not aging to kick in), but don't care, still got a yuri series that didn't end as 'bait'.

The end definitely felt like 'we don't think we're getting a sequel, so here's setting up a nice clean finish with a bow, at least for now' level of fast-forwarding through things, but I'll still take it.

I honestly kinda assumed Anis' dragon curse meant she was basically super-long-lived, though maybe it's more of 'so I'm a spider' level of knowledge-based-curse, guess we'll have to wait until if/when we get the next season.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MagiRevo having not 1, but 3 full on kisses is pretty great, hopefully the bar keeps going up, not sliding back downwards.

They IMO didn't do really the...best job explaining Anis' and Euphie's positions and the downfalls for the other person (IMO Anis has much more of a point on Euphie being immortal and how big the downsides could be, albeit that could just be due to the other immortal spirit contractor rushing/mis-explaining the contract and how 'long' it takes for the effects of the contract and/or not aging to kick in), but don't care, still got a yuri series that didn't end as 'bait'.

The end definitely felt like 'we don't think we're getting a sequel, so here's setting up a nice clean finish with a bow, at least for now' level of fast-forwarding through things, but I'll still take it.

I honestly kinda assumed Anis' dragon curse meant she was basically super-long-lived, though maybe it's more of 'so I'm a spider' level of knowledge-based-curse, guess we'll have to wait until if/when we get the next season.
They skipped a bunch of details regarding how the spirit contract worked in the anime and slightly changed why it was such a problem (the details they brought up were still in the light novels, but they weren't what was sold as the biggest downside in that version)

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Magirevo 12 END
This was an okay ending, but was definitely rushed to wrap everything up neatly. At least they went full yuri.

Kaina 11 END
Looks like everything can go to eleven. This ended about where and how I thought it would with there being a movie attached. The reveal of the Great Orbital Spire Tree, the map, and the airfoil under the castle cemented it. More surprised by the bark cutter cannon and the Admiral getting shot and killed almost unceremoniously.

Now to wait for the movie where they actually do the thing.

Last edited:

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
aside from not being bait, did y'all actually like yuri princesses?

i really just can't get over the prince's story and how the character's acted towards him afterward

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
aside from not being bait, did y'all actually like yuri princesses?

i really just can't get over the prince's story and how the character's acted towards him afterward
I mean...yes? I didn't really have much of a problem with how they handled it. They didn't excuse what he did and he was banished, and I mean it isn't like his stuff took up a highly significant amount of the show's runtime.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
Finished Jojo season 2. Such a step up for me from the first 26 episodes that going through this one was really easy!

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
MagiRevo did skimp a bit on Anis' inventions and 'her' side of the story in favor of her brother, a bit - the majority still being Euphie, which, to be fair, I can see why they went the latter), which maybe made her 'if I'm not the princess, I have/am nothing' feel a bit less nuanced/impactful, but it wasn't to the point of feeling TOO lopsided.

A bit of a deeper look (presumably what the LNs do) showing Euphie's feelings changing over time, versus the 'kinda-sorta' insta-mood-change, also might have been nice, but it probably would have ruined/not fit with the show's pacing/episode limitations.

edit:

They skipped a bunch of details regarding how the spirit contract worked in the anime and slightly changed why it was such a problem (the details they brought up were still in the light novels, but they weren't what was sold as the biggest downside in that version)

Now I'm curious as to what the 'other' major downside would have been, mind sharing?

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't care for how the prince's story and some of the fallout was handled, but I'd say the show was decent junk food to me overall.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
MagiRevo did skimp a bit on Anis' inventions and 'her' side of the story in favor of her brother, a bit - the majority still being Euphie, which, to be fair, I can see why they went the latter), which maybe made her 'if I'm not the princess, I have/am nothing' feel a bit less nuanced/impactful, but it wasn't to the point of feeling TOO lopsided.

A bit of a deeper look (presumably what the LNs do) showing Euphie's feelings changing over time, versus the 'kinda-sorta' insta-mood-change, also might have been nice, but it probably would have ruined/not fit with the show's pacing/episode limitations.

edit:

Now I'm curious as to what the 'other' major downside would have been, mind sharing?
So the actual conditions for becoming a spirit covenator is being a person with the qualifications and basically wanting a specific goal strongly enough that spirits are taken into the person's body transforming them into a covenator (this is why Euphie just suddenly transformed mid-fight). Lumiere was specifically contacting people who had the potential to stop them from making the contract. This is because whatever reason transforms a person into a covenator basically becomes their entire reason for existence. She's the daughter of the founding king, who became a covenator to serve the people at a time when the land was in some sort of really bad existential situation. It gave him the power to save the kingdom, but once people were safe, there wishes started to be about luxury and so the king was compelled to keep starting wars of subjugation to gain more land to satisfy their desires. Ultimately she was forced to kill her father and created the system of ruling today with her children so that this wouldn't keep happening (we don't know exactly what her own desire was, but it's suggested it was similar to her father, which is probably why she had to distance herself from the throne to avoid herself from having the same issue) It's suggested Euphie doesn't face the same risk because her reason was about saving Anis and is basically already fulfilled by her taking the throne, so it's not an ongoing compulsion in the same way

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Anis is becoming a dragon because of the dragon's curse supposedly (though I don't think we know what this actually entails at this point) so there's that
I actually thought she would become a mindless dragon after dealing with her brother and Euphie would have to save her.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Kaina of the Great Snow Sea 11 END
Yeah, I had a lot of fun with this show. Hopefully the movie won't be too far away.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Help, I've Been Kidnapped By A Yuri Princess episode 12

One of the best yuri endings ever, up there with Kannazuki no Miko and Yuri Bear Storm. Lots of hot kisses. We got four kisses. I wish they'd kept the whole
Euphy being dependent of Anis's energy for her immortality. That way, if Anis dies, so will Euphy and they can die together. Or if Anis acheives immorality, she and Euphy can be together.
Also Euphy is goddamned
aggressive, throwing Anis off her game.
Shit. Also what's with the
kiss at the end with Anis kissing Euphy on the cheek? It seemed forced somehow, like she had to do it. Mornining kiss, or energy kiss for Euphy?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

One of the best yuri endings ever, up there with Kannazuki no Miko and Yuri Bear Storm. Lots of hot kisses. We got four kisses. I wish they'd kept the whole
Euphy being dependent of Anis's energy for her immortality. That way, if Anis dies, so will Euphy and they can die together. Or if Anis acheives immorality, she and Euphy can be together.
Also Euphy is goddamned
kiss at the end with Anis kissing Euphy on the cheek? It seemed forced somehow, like she had to do it. Mornining kiss, or energy kiss for Euphy?
Wasn't the energy kiss thing a one time thing for the initial transformation in the LN or am I misremembering

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Tomo Chan Is A Girl Goddamnit episode 12

Wednesday's mom is just evil as she is.
Wednseday confession? Yesyesyes....no. No it is not a love confession. Oh well, you have Carol, the other best character in this show.
I guess we won't be getting anymore. They pulled a conculsive ending and that means no more. Nice to see them do that, unlike some other shows (Uzaki chan, I'm looking at you).

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017

Also Euphy is goddamned
Wasn't the energy kiss thing a one time thing for the initial transformation in the LN or am I misremembering
The kiss on the cheek at the end was just a morning kiss thing that they do, nothing special behind it.

As for the mana transfer stuff in the books
Becoming a spirit contractor has a couple immediate negative effects on Euphie.

1. It dulls instincts/desires that she would normally have for being a living being. Things like eating, sleeping, and so on don't come as naturally. She still has to do them or her body will die though.
2. She also needs an intake of mana to survive, because she's a spirit now. While there are various methods she can utilize for this, the most effective one for her turns out to be doing stuff with Anis at night. If you're familiar with the Fate franchise, you'll get the general idea.

In the bedroom makeout scene in the LN, Anis falls unconscious after Euphie makes out with her a bunch due to being too drained of mana, and the next chapter starts with Lumi explaining all this and Tilty mercilessly teasing Anis. There's also a bit here where Euphie is visibly jealous when Tilty rubs Anis' head and Tilty backs off, slightly terrified. Followed by Euphie closely hugging a very flustered Anis after everyone leaves the room.

I'm not quite sure how heavily the LN follows up after this, but I know in the WN it's a running joke that Anis is Euphie's "favorite food" and that she's often exhausted the next day whenever Euphie pays a visit to her. Volume 4 should have some of that if the writer kept it in, releasing in English next month.

EDIT:

They're like this.

View: https://twitter.com/rujin0807/status/1621164285971030016?s=20

Last edited:

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017

Wednseday confession? Yesyesyes....no. No it is not a love confession. Oh well, you have Carol, the other best character in this show.
I guess we won't be getting anymore. They pulled a conculsive ending and that means no more. Nice to see them do that, unlike some other shows (Uzaki chan, I'm looking at you).

But isn't there still another episode?

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Yuri Princess

From what she said at the end, Anis's main priority seems to be finding a way to fix Euphie's immortality. Becoming immortal herself is just a back up plan so if there's no season 2 (I haven't read the LN past this point myself so I also don't know what'll happen), you can just assume that Anis succeed and they age and get old together.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
New Watayuri PV just went up.

Don't expect an ending similar to Magical Revolution on this one. Watayuri's relationship development pacing is sloooooooow (to the point that the drama in the later volumes actually becomes kind of deranged for something with such a silly concept). At best we'll clear the first arcs for each of the main pairings. It is "genuine" yuri and not bait though if you care about that sort of thing.

EDIT: Wait this a month old lol

Oh well. Watch Watayuri it'll probably be a solid adaptation.

View: https://twitter.com/watayuri_anime/status/1638761132793159680?s=20

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

There's episode 13 still

citrusred

Oct 28, 2017
New Watayuri PV just went up.

Don't expect an ending similar to Magical Revolution on this one. Watayuri's relationship development pacing is sloooooooow (to the point that the drama in the later volumes actually becomes kind of deranged for something with such a silly concept). At best we'll clear the first arcs for each of the main pairings. It is "genuine" yuri and not bait though if you care about that sort of thing.

By deranged to you mean amazing because Vol. 10 and all the shenanigans in it are amazing.

phaze

Oct 26, 2017
[/QUOTE]

Lived long enough to dogeza in front of reborn Schneider-sama. life goals achieved.

Misuzu my Beloved ...-9
qirBEcJ.jpeg
zVCxHWD.jpeg

What is this bad drama though. And all to get cousins to fuck.

Maybe it takes like 50 of the daily chapters to do one ep or maybe they're skipping 80% of fluff but this is really messing up my perception of what the manga was while I read it, a relaxed and even running in circles fare.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Urusei Yatsura All Stars 23(Season end)
Pretty perfect season wrap up, I'll miss this show till it's back next year. The promotion for the shopping distract created some suitable pandemonium for sure with the championship match and Ataru's (expected) shenanigans resulting in excellent mishap.

Can I just say, I love how thematically on point all the lyrics from the Urusei Yatsura All-Stars OP/ED's are

Status
Not open for further replies.