Status
Not open for further replies.

Layla

Oct 25, 2017
new thread time yet? spring season looking like a banger for me - Spice & Wolf, Yuru Camp, Bartender, Euphonium, Konosuba, and that's just the returning shows. very interested in seeing how Unnamed Memory turns out, read the first couple of books a while back and has the potential to be a good fantasy romance show, but the studio ENGI is giving me pause.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, October for Shangri-la Frontier season 2 is crazy, especially since it was already two cours.

I'm happy so long as the staff and production aren't being overstressed, it was the biggest surprise show for me in recent memory.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Crunchyroll said when Spice and Wolf episodes will go up? Can't even find their page for the new show.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
One Piece 1099
We're back to bad pacing. Why? It was going so well! šŸ˜­

Shangri-La Frontier 25 END
This show took 25 episodes to find a character for me to dislike, and he isn't even the first Cait Sith that I've disliked recently.
So we are getting a Lycagon runback, I guess that'll be the focus of the second season.
A kinda weird ending for the season, ngl

What a fun series. Just a dude and his friends playing games. Can't believe we're getting a second season so soon with just how great it's been animated.

Hyouka 06-11
First half done. This is great! I love the main cast, they play off each other well.

The amount of closeups and head tilts make me think that I'm watching a studio SHAFT production lol. I know it's a Kyoani production so it's kinda obvious but this is gorgeous.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
new thread time yet? spring season looking like a banger for me - Spice & Wolf, Yuru Camp, Bartender, Euphonium, Konosuba, and that's just the returning shows. very interested in seeing how Unnamed Memory turns out, read the first couple of books a while back and has the potential to be a good fantasy romance show, but the studio ENGI is giving me pause.
I've got a solid list this season albeit on the smaller side. Lots of returnersā€¦ that'll I'll be waiting for the dubs to start on. Summer is gonna be nuts tho. Kinnikuman is my big show for that one

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
It is now April 1st in Japan..
Keroro twitter account posted that it's receiving a new anime project, but since it's April Fools and all, I don't want them to give me hope! But it makes sense since they're celebrating their 20th anniversary. Gimme, I need my childhood anime back

View: https://twitter.com/keroro_anime/status/1774452369461534720

They chose the most evil day to announce this, but they've been teasing it for over a week now and have been streaming the entire series, start to finish, leading up to this premiere.

After the disappointing flash anime (that's also already 10+ years old, god), it's so nice to see a proper return to form. These frogs haven't left me since I first found the anime back in 2012.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Shangri-La Frontier - COMPLETE

Boasting high production values and a light, energetic tone, SLF makes for a fun watch. There's no hidden dark secret to this show's barely disguised isekai world (at least not yet), it really is just a playground for the characters to find and do cool stuff. Protagonist Sunraku is an impulsive, energetic goofball who can't wait to discover new things, so naturally he's perfect for this kind of story. Although, while it is mostly fun it's dedication to being an authentic video game experience (despite taking place in the most impossibly designed game ever) means it can feel directionless and kind of grindy, throwing the pacing way off. This becomes pretty obvious by the end when after the big Weathermon fight, the show kinda keeps going until it limps to the end. Still, this is probably the most consistently good looking two cour in years under Frieren and Apothecary Diaries and the fact that ANOTHER 25 episodes is coming later this year is mind boggling.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they'll actually finish adapting Spice and Wolf this time. If it's just two-cour and nothing after it'll just be the same stuff being adapted all over again.

viral

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they'll actually finish adapting Spice and Wolf this time. If it's just two-cour and nothing after it'll just be the same stuff being adapted all over again.

I guess that depends on how popular it will be. But the second cour should still have new content since the second season of the original anime skipped a volume.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Red Rum Red Rum episode 25

Wow. One of the best, if not the best, romance anime ever. It's a slow burn, but the pay off is worth it. Kyo reflecting on his life up that point made me mist up. Hopefully, we'll get another Bonus Dangers OVA.

Marcille episode 13

Well, fuck. Orc girl is a cutie tho.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Shangri-la Frontier S1 End

There's a town full of cat people too? This is the best game ever.

Fun wrap to a fantastic season. The comedy is so good and I was cracking up at the cat and robe from hell antics. It took the last 5 minutes to see that one character shown in the OP but they seem like they'll play a pivotal role going forward, especially as numerous NPCs have teased the truth of the game world to Sunraku. Im excited to find out more. Hope to see more Psyger0, maybe a team up against another colossi?

Favorite show of the season and I'm really glad this is back on later this year. The production has been excellent and I hope the quality remains consistent going forward and animators arent under production hell to deliver.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020

My man Mandricardo finally got his own anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.