• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I agree about Radiant Black. I am giving it an arc (5-6 issues) to see if it grows on me. Inferno Girl Red looks amazing
cd4c3620529a03f0a9e3f4a034ea95a0_original.jpg
That's a Power Ranger.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
This is news to me- Mads Mikkelsen apparently audtioned to play Reed in the 2005 Fantastic Four film. Why on earth would they put him forward for Reed?
He should be the Wizard.
Four Mr. Sinisters and two Miss Sinisters.
Miss Sinister is one of the worst characters in comics. Why she's still around confounds me.
Isn't that manslaughter?
Only if you feel really bad about it.

Green Arrow with Soy and Gandini, please?
Why do we have two Black Cat stans in here!?
I'm sorry, "two"?
Yeah, It's kinda weird that he didn't even hint at a monster element in the book. Just went straight to "evil doppleganger"

Like if you make the suit talk to him this would just be Blue Beetle: The post-grad years.
I'm now extremely curious to know if Higgins ever pitched Blue Beetle because that feels too up his alley for him to not have.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, It's kinda weird that he didn't even hint at a monster element in the book. Just went straight to "evil doppleganger"

Like if you make the suit talk to him this would just be Blue Beetle: The post-grad years.

I assume it's a slow burn, building the team, and eventually there will be a full Radiant squad, but it feels like that early era of Image with Invincible and Firebreather and I don't particularly need another book like that.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Are you enjoying FF? Only thing you mentioned that I dropped.
Its fine. Coming into the series and theres a lot of stuff thag I didnt know about like Sue and Reed's kids so I went to read Hickman's run. Even then some thigs are a little overwhelming. Its amazing how much a beard improves Reed's design.The Thing is still mostly what you'd expect. Also the Maker is so evil.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I have some Saga trades from ComiXology. I thought I would start reading those when the end of Saga is in sight, so I don't have to wait too long for new stuff. Current thought process is if I should start reading it at all, because the continuation of it seems shaky.

Neo Hartless

Jan 8, 2019
Its fine. Coming into the series and theres a lot of stuff thag I didnt know about like Sue and Reed's kids so I went to read Hickman's run. Even then some thigs are a little overwhelming. Its amazing how much a beard improves Reed's design.The Thing is still mostly what you'd expect. Also the Maker is so evil.
Jonathan Hickman's FF has the best final panel in all comic runs.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I have some Saga trades from ComiXology. I thought I would start reading those when the end of Saga is in sight, so I don't have to wait too long for new stuff. Current thought process is if I should start reading it at all, because the continuation of it seems shaky.
It's definitely worth reading. Either way, you won't be waiting for a continuation nearly as long as the rest of us. 💀

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading Supreme Power for the first time and really liking it. Gary Frank art is sublime of course. What reputation does this series have? I've been trying to read all Squadron Supreme stories in chronological order and this is the first one I'd classify as great.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm reading Supreme Power for the first time and really liking it. Gary Frank art is sublime of course. What reputation does this series have?
I read it a long time ago, back when I had just gotten back into comics. So probably around 2008 or so. I remember liking it a lot but can't say I remember too much about it at this point.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I've been enjoying The Emperor and I on the Shonen jumps app. It's nicely laid back and daft. Like a slightly more realistic Gal and Dino (Which I also love).
I also love that it's full colour. It looks so damn good

emperor.jpg

1 gift from tim1138

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from tim1138 tim1138!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

tim1138 said:
I had to cancel the original giveaway and make a new one. DCUI emailed me this morning saying the original code was bad.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Fortnite Fortnite: Harley Quinn skin - Won by Mars People Mars People (7 entries)

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had to redo the giveaway, I guess the original code they provided was no good 🤷‍♂️

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sinister War huh? I guess it's gonna be the classic Sinister six versus the team Beetle is running with. With Spidey and Kindred stuck in the middle.

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God Way of X was the most cathartic issue of the Hickman era by far. Nightcrawler asking all the questions I've asked, with Spurrier and Quinn pulling no punches in showing how uncomfortable some aspects of mutant society are. Spurrier did the research in societal and cultural development, and it really shows. And then ending which everyone saw coming, but I am so looking forward to seeing where this goes. 10/10 would read again.

S.W.O.R.D. on the other hand was a bit disappointing. Felt like Ewing was stuck in place a bit prepping for the gala and his own crossover. But this one made it very, very clear this is going to intersect hard with Guardians and you're doing yourself a disservice if you aren't reading both.

ElNarez

Oct 28, 2017
Way of X is like when you see an old friend for the first time after a long time; except that old friend is a weird X-Men spinoff

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
No underpants

#underwearstansonnotice

[edit]

That's not a G5 thing, right? So that means that Jon will now be a young adult while Damian is still in diapers. Interesting. 🤔

Maybe Jon's son can join Damian for some high jinx.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So essentially the same dynamic as Future State? I was hoping that would be a larger status quo shift, so no complaints here.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aging Jon up was such a terrible decision.

I kinda think it came about as a result of thinking Jon aged Superman too much, which duh, being a parent ages you. Superman's never going to be hip and contemporary because he's 80 years old. He's been a suburban dad since the 50s, it's okay to embrace that.

Vordan

Aug 12, 2018

Probably the most boring choice. Taylor just wrote Jon as Clark in DCeased, he doesn't know how to differentiate the two at all. And I'm already sick of Batcharacters showing up in the Superbooks which will only get worse under Taylor. Give it an issue before Harley Quinn shows up.

Morrison writing an in-continuity Superbook again about Superman and fucking Manchester Black teaming up though? Fuck yes give me that all day, I hope they bring as much of their Action run back into canon as they can, fuck the haters.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most boring choice. Taylor just wrote Jon as Clark in DCeased, he doesn't know how to differentiate the two at all. And I'm already sick of Batcharacters showing up in the Superbooks which will only get worse under Taylor. Give it an issue before Harley Quinn shows up.

Morrison writing an in-continuity Superbook again about Superman and fucking Manchester Black teaming up though? Fuck yes give me that all day, I hope they bring as much of their Action run back into canon as they can, fuck the haters.

That's fine by me, Timms draws an amazing modern Harley and Taylor may write the best modern Harley.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Goodwill having to censor these covers with post it notes cracked me up.

SCTDSTI.jpg

nl5eTlC.jpg

"Janet, bring me the notes. They brought more of those pervert cartoons"

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Way of X #1

This was amazing, amazing, amazing!
Everyone needs to read this right now. Best X-men issue I have read in ages.

Nightcrawler is the one sane mutant on an island of lunatics.
Asking all the questions readers have been asking for ages.

OP
OP
Messi

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
every young Jon story was "gee whiz aw shucks bein' a kid's darn tough good thing I've got my dad superman"; you SAW it get old in Gleason and Tomasi's run; every good story about ten-year-old Superboy has been told and it's time to move on

You enjoy the replacement Superman stories we are getting instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.