• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
That's a wrap on Percy Jackson. Just waiting for a Season 2 renewal now. Now, I sincerely hope that Disney greenlights more original projects...or at least things that aren't just Marvel or Star Wars.

It'll get one. Good press on viewership, and the show held weld on Nielsen into its 3rd week (performing even better than recent Marvel/Star Wars stuff outside Mando). I'd expect an announcement within a week or two.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Lilo and Stitch going to theaters honestly should have been done from the start.

I wouldn't rule out animated D+ films (like Phineas and Ferb I mean. Not like Pixar.)

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
I ranted about this before but for decades Disney was one of the biggest producers of slick, well budgeted inspirational sports movies. They still make them, but have slowed way down. And the recent ones have been straight to D+ releases like Togo and Safety. I'd be happy if they gave those films a more robust life by putting them in theaters first.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just received the e-mail today as well.

Better news: New Pixar Sparkshort is live on the service. (I'd make a thread, but there's no trailer. I don't want the headache of dealing with certain responses.)

Next on Disney+: February 2024 (US)
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Next on Disney+: February 2024

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqVAYqpB-wM&pp=ygUHZGlzbmV5Kw%3D%3D

Friday, February 2

• Genius: MLK/X - Season 4 - Episodes 1 and 2
  • Pixar's SparkShort 'Self' - Premiere

Saturday, February 3

• Marvel's Marvel Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur - Season 2 - New Episodes

Monday, February 5

• Arctic Acsent with Alex Honnold

Wednesday, February 7

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS_qbDztgVY&pp=ygUTdGhlIG1hcnZlbHMgdHJhaWxlcg%3D%3D
  • The Marvels - Premiere
  • Assembled: The Making of The Marvels - Premiere

Friday, February 9

• Marvel's Spidey and his Amazing Friends (Season 3) - New Episodes
  • Genius: MLK/X - Season 4 - Episodes 3 and 4

Tuesday, February 13

• The Space Race

Wednesday, February 14

• Life Below Zero: Next Generation (S6, 13 episodes)
  • Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures - New Episodes

Friday, February 16

• Genius: MLK/X - Season 4 - Episodes 5 and 6

Tuesday, February 20

• Operation Arctic Cure

Wednesday, February 21

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oa5zeHdSwdQ&pp=ygUHZGlzbmV5Kw%3D%3D
  • Pupstruction (S1, 3 episodes)
  • Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Season 3 - Premiere Episodes 1-3

Wednesday, February 28

• Dino Ranch (S3, 11 episodes)
  • Iwájú - Premiere - All Episodes Streaming
  • Iwájú: A Day Ahead - Premiere
  • Filming across three continents, "Iwájú: A Day Ahead" shares the story of the founders of the Pan-African comic book company, Kugali, who made their
  • Star Wars: The Bad Batch - Season 3 - New Episode

press.disneyplus.com

Next on Disney+: February 2024

New movies and series available in February 2024, including animation Original "Iwájú," Lucasfilm's "Star Wars: The Bad Batch," Marvel Studios' latest title "The Marvels" and National Geographic's "Genius: MLK/X" season 4.

Hulu schedule -

February 2024 - Hulu

--

The Disney+ app also launches on Apple Vision Pro today with these 3D movies avilable

GFVcV1uXcAA3swU

View: %5BURL%5Dhttps://x.com/ScottGustin/status/1753409123813564810?s=20[/URL]

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Disney is back on their bullshit again.

View: https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1753695658593357884

What's interesting is this is mostly aimed at EU, Middle East and Africa but not places like Asia, AU/NZ and NA/SA...yet.

A Tale of Two Critters
America's Heart and Soul
Angry Sky (ESPN)
Babes in Toyland (1961)
Believeland (ESPN)
Bride of Boogedy
Brink
Candleshoe (1977)
Catholics vs Convicts (ESPN)
Cheetah
Country Bears
Darby O'Gill and the Little People (1959)
Davy Crockett and the River Pirates (1956)
Deion's Double Play (ESPN)
Den Brother
Disney's The Kid
Disney100 | Special Look
Doug's First Movie
Emil and the Detectives
First Kid
Greyfriars Bobby: The True Story of a Dog (1961)
Gus (1976)
Hacksaw
Hatching Pete
Heavyweights
Hello Dolly!
Horse Sense
In Search of Derrick Thomas (ESPN)
In the Greek (ESPN)
Just Morgan Had A Horse
Kings Ransom (ESPN)
Lolo (ESPN)
Lorenzo (Short) (Never arrived in USA after it left Netflix 2 years ago)
Max Keeble's Big Move
Miracle at Midnight
Motocrossed
Mr. Magoo
North Korea: Fire and Fury (Nat Geo)
Pixel Perfect
Qualified (ESPN)
Read It and Weep
Recess: All Growed Down
Return from Witch Mountain (1978)
Richie Rich's Christmas Wish
Right on Track
Roving Mars
Sacred Planet
Sammy, the Way-Out Seal (1962)
Shipwrecked
Shortsgiving with Big City Greens (Disney Channel)
Smart House
Snowball Express (1971)
Stepsister from Planet Weird
Stuck in the Suburbs
Sultan and the Rock Star (1980)
Swiss Family Robinson
Swiss Family Robinson (1940)
Swiss Family Robinson (1960)
Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill
Teacher's Pet
That Darn Cat
The Absent-Minded Professor (1961)
The Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin
The Adventures of Yellow Dog: Far from Home
The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975)
The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again (1979)
The Bears and I (1974)
The Birth of Big Air (ESPN)
The Biscuit Eater (1971)
The Boy Who Talked to Badgers (1975)
The Castaway Cowboy (1974)
The Cat from Outer Space
The Christmas Star
The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes
The Ghosts of Buxley Hall
The Gospel According to Mac (ESPN)
The Incredible Journey (1963)
The Island at the Top of the World (1974)
The Legend of Jimmy the Greek (ESPN)
The Million Dollar Duck
The Prince and the Pauper (1962)
The Reluctant Dragon
The Shaggy D.A. (1976)
The Shaggy Dog (1959)
The Strongest Man in the World (1975)
The Two Bills
The Ugly Dachshund (1966)
The Ultimate Christmas Present
The Vanishing Prairie (1956)
Third Man on the Mountain (1959)
Those Calloways (1965)
Trail of the Panda
Treasure of Matecumbe (1976)
Trojan War (ESPN)
True Life Adventures: Perri
True Life Adventures: Secrets of Life
Unidentified Flying Oddball
Up, Up, and Away
Yellowstone Cubs (1963)
You Lucky Dog
You Wish
Youngstown Boys (ESPN)
Zenon Girl of the 21st Century

They also took out Genius S1-3 and it's not showing up here as well despite D+ posted S4 as Season 4 and oddly The Sandlot despite it coming back here just this week so I wonder if this is just region server focused but this time last year was THE PURGE.

We will see next week as the Investors Call is on the 7th.

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Oh she did. Thought she was still around til this year.

Yeah then I'm not going into full panic just yet. Very possible we lose a few more non-marvel/Star Wars/animation d+ originals (I think animated is probably staying, since those appear to keep hitting the numbers the execs want). But I'm in wait and see mode before I start grabbing my pitchfork.

I will gladly do it if they do anything stupid though.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I can never know when to take Rocco from Mega64 seriously lol

But if serious, that's pretty neat

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Beat me to it. Wonder if they'll delay Wish to April for this.

deadline.com

‘Percy Jackson’ Renewed For Season 2 By Disney+

Disney Branded Entertainment's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series has been renewed for Season 2 at Disney+.

Percy Jackson will be embarking on another quest to protect Camp Half-Blood. Disney Branded Entertainment's Percy Jackson and the Olympians series has been officially renewed for Season 2 at Disney+. The announcement was made today by Disney CEO Bob Iger during the company's Q1 2024 earnings call.

They did it mreddie and Spectromixer

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
What's ahead for D+, like why do I have to sub to this constantly?

Oh ok.

Yeah I mean, I get it. Hopefully we'll get more information soon.

Honestly, we got more announcements than I was expecting today (other than when the full Hulu launch is happening. Is that being delayed now?)

Hopefully they're just waiting on a better venue to announce more shows than the investor meeting. Hopefully.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah most original shows were canceled. Lilo and Stitch is moving to theatrical and something like Moana 2 getting transitioned from a Disney+ show to a movie. Even The Mandalodian is getting a movie before s4 presumably.

It's a weird time for Disney+ but we still have Marvel and Star Wars content on the slate lol

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I still think the Eragon tv show should get an update after Percy did super well. I wouldn't be surprised if they're re-evaluating book adaptations (but trying to find ones/ways that will standout more)

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Disney+ learned to renew things again!

deadline.com

‘Limitless With Chris Hemsworth’ & ‘A Real Bug’s Life’ Renewed For Season 2 At Nat Geo & Disney+

National Geographic is bringing back two of its Disney+ originals for second seasons. The company has renewed Limitless with Chris Hemsworth and A Real Bug’s Life. Limitless with Chris Hemsworth premiered in 2022 and follows the Extraction star as he explores secrets of improving our lives. In...

National Geographic is bringing back two of its Disney+ originals for second seasons. The company has renewed Limitless with Chris Hemsworth and A Real Bug's Life.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

deadline.com

‘Limitless With Chris Hemsworth’ & ‘A Real Bug’s Life’ Renewed For Season 2 At Nat Geo & Disney+

National Geographic is bringing back two of its Disney+ originals for second seasons. The company has renewed Limitless with Chris Hemsworth and A Real Bug’s Life. Limitless with Chris Hemsworth premiered in 2022 and follows the Extraction star as he explores secrets of improving our lives. In...

Nice I watched a few episodes of Limitless and its as pretty entertaining

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

deadline.com

It is funny they renewed these but cancelled and removed some of the other original Nat Geo stuff, especially the America show which was later repurposed to the Parks show with Chris Gaines.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Goosebumps,’ Now an Anthology, Renewed for Season 2 at Disney+

Disney Branded Television president Ayo Davis also announced a fourth 'Zombies' movie and an overall deal (and film) for the creators of 'Big City Greens' on Saturday at the Television Critics Association's winter press tour.

Disney+ has renewed the series based on R.L. Stine's beloved book series for a second season — with a twist: it will be turned into an anthology series. The sophomore season will feature an entirely new story, cast and setting. The show's creative team, including showrunner Hilary Winston (Community), will return.

mreddie and Spectromixer , the week of renewals continues!

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Renegade Nell’ Gets Premiere Date At Disney+

A spring premiere is set for Renegade Nell, Disney+'s upcoming Original series, starring Louisa Harland (Derry Girls) in the title role.

A spring premiere is set for Renegade Nell, Disney+'s upcoming Original series, starring Louisa Harland (Derry Girls) in the title role. All eight episodes of the series will premiere March 29, exclusively on DIsney+. The date was announced during the streamer's presentation today at TCA.

It centers on Nell Jackson (Harland), a quick-witted and courageous young woman, who finds herself framed for murder and unexpectedly becomes the most notorious outlaw in 18th-century England. But when a magical spirit called Billy Blind appears, Nell realizes her destiny is bigger than she ever imagined.

Now, Collider has learned that the live-action High Republic-set series from creator Leslye Headland is set to release on Disney+ this summer.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Does anybody know anything about Revenant and Dr Romantic Season 3 ever appearing on Disney+ in EU? I only really watch Korean shows and these are listed to be on Disney+ but they don't appear for me in The Netherlands sadly. I'm not sure if they are Korea only, but that would be a weird move since pretty much all other K-Dramas are there for me as far as I can tell. But yea I wanna watch these 2 but they're both missing sadly.

If only they were just on Netflix sigh.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
So Santa Clauses is the only thing left.

Well we also have that show coming in late March. The Crossover needs a renewal or cancellation. Launchpad series is TBD on a third round of short films. And then all the animated projects pending renewals.

What we do need to know the status of is:
- The Eragon live action show following Percy's success
- Gargoyles Live Action
- The Zorro project
- The King Kong show from a little ways back
- and a bunch of other adaptations and show sequels that need an update

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Well we also have that show coming in late March. The Crossover needs a renewal or cancellation. Launchpad series is TBD on a third round of short films. And then all the animated projects pending renewals.

What we do need to know the status of is:
- The Eragon live action show following Percy's success
- Gargoyles Live Action
- The Zorro project
- The King Kong show from a little ways back
- and a bunch of other adaptations and show sequels that need an update
I get a feeling those first 2 are likely, other 2 I dunno and doubt now that Iger is pulling back on not Disney IP, latter...D23. Crossover will depend on Bron having sway.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I get a feeling those first 2 are likely, other 2 I dunno and doubt now that Iger is pulling back on not Disney IP, latter...D23. Crossover will depend on Bron having sway.

You're probably right on Kong. Zorro I'm not quite certain is dead. Just because Disney does have a history, it would be less budget heavy than other shows, and you can get some decent names attached.

You're probably right on Eragon, but I just want them to make a statement saying "don't worry gang, we're proceeding" just so I can rest easy.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder: Unless there's a gag order, we will get the March 2024 list tomorrow.

Also Iwaju has a show page:

www.disneyplus.com

Watch Iwájú | Disney+

Two friends in a futuristic Nigeria discover secrets and dangers hidden in their different worlds.

No, Deadpool and Wolverine does not have a trailer page yet. I guess give them two weeks to care about promoting the movie in-app.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Since we shockingly didn't receive a schedule drop today alongside X-Men 97, I'm guessing a gag order was put in place.

I think it's very likely it's because they're not ready to announce the release date for Wish yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.