• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJCvTAZNjs4

monstersatwork5.jpg

God damn. To Disney Channel first AND a one month wait.

Now we have to be worried about next day drops again.

I don't understand it when all other linear channels are doing next day drops.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Disney Channel's beef man. My guess they have nothing for the Spring.

They did this same thing with Big City Greens Season 4 when fall was doing ok on shows. This feels like an upper decision.

It makes absolutely no sense to me at all when all their competitors and sister networks are literally doing next day.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

Trian Partners Disney Board fight makes it clear reps are trying to impact diversity/creative decisions

https://deadline.com/2024/03/jay-rasulo-says-disney-runs-in-my-blood-former-parks-chief-with-activist-investor-nelson-peltz-not-out-to-fire-the-ceo-1235849094/

All hands on deck. Because they're trying to directly impact creative decisions
Aka HEY YOU THINK HAVING NO QUEER REP AND BARELY POC REP IS BAD NOW? WE'RE GONNA ERASE IT.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Has there been a solid date of when integrated Hulu will come out of beta? I'm wondering when a few Hulu Originals will move over from the other app.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
May 10th on Disney+.

The adventures of the Fifteenth Doctor (played by Ncuti Gatwa) and his companion Ruby Sunday (Millie Gibson) will begin streaming Friday, May 10 at 7 pm EDT — on Disney+ in the U.S. and internationally (excluding the UK). In the UK, the season will kick off Saturday, May 11 at 12 am GMT (on BBC iPlayer, followed by BBC One later that day).
tvline.com

Doctor Who Trailer Has Fun With Butterfly Effect and Bridgerton, Teases Season 14 Threat — Get Premiere Date

Find out when 'Doctor Who' Season 14 will premiere, watch trailer featuring Ncuti Gatwa and Millie Gibson

View: https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1768638285528650079

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I did not consider they would just give the release date without a trailer today. That's unusual for this industry.

But hey, glad to see everyone getting it at the same time!

Mar 11, 2020
Well the hulu password crackdown hit me, sucks for us that have been splitting costs, fucking hell. I guess i'm out with hulu/disney content for now :/

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
US Disney+ is still witholding the March Hailey's On It Episodes.

We're sliding backwards for Disney Channel premieres. How disappointing.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
"The NEW home of Doctor Who"

Yeah, you can see they're being noticeably different in marketing than they were with the specials. This is the big test long term for the franchise with Disney.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
I have Hulu Disney bundle. Stuff like Poor Things and other indie/international films show up for me but Anatomy of a Fall doesn't. I live in US.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I have Hulu Disney bundle. Stuff like Poor Things and other indie/international films show up for me but Anatomy of a Fall doesn't. I live in US.

So the reason for that is because Disney needs permission from whoever signed Hulu contracts to also have them appear in Disney+ in the US. If they don't get permission, they can only have it in Hulu.

It's case by case basis it appears. Sand Land, a Disney+ Original in Japan, is only allowed for Hulu due to contract stuff.

Even with Sony Pictures, they've approved a lot of Sony films to be in the Hulu section, but they didn't approve Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. Despite also approving Jumanji. It's very weird. That or specific pre-existing contracts prevent Disney and Sony from also allowing it on US Disney+ for the time being.

I said some things that were out of line, ironically about the proxy Shareholders fight coming up but that's here nor there.

Ah ok. Well, good to have you back regardless!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So the reason for that is because Disney needs permission from whoever signed Hulu contracts to also have them appear in Disney+ in the US. If they don't get permission, they can only have it in Hulu.

It's case by case basis it appears. Sand Land, a Disney+ Original in Japan, is only allowed for Hulu due to contract stuff.

Funny thing, it was on Hulu-only for like a day, and then showed up on D+ the other day.
(Edit: Speaking on the Hulu hub on D+, which I realized after what this about. Same for the below.)

What is weird, is I've seen some stuff on D+ get booted off fast, and then stay on Hulu. I had The Royal Hotel on my watchlist, and I'm pretty sure it was only on D+ a couple weeks, and then dropped off but was still on Hulu.

There's other weird inconsistencies too, like Undead Unluck. D+ only gets the dub version of the show (which is several eps behind) and now with the season ending it's run, the sub version is still locked on only Hulu.

Status
Not open for further replies.