What Are Your Three Favorite Mainline Final Fantasy Games Since Final Fantasy X?

• Final Fantasy X

• Final Fantasy XI

• Final Fantasy XII

• Final Fantasy XIII

• Final Fantasy XIV

• Final Fantasy XV

Results are only viewable after voting.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I had intended to make this poll with all the mainline entries but since poll choices cap is limited, I wanted to ask a slightly different question: what are your three favorite mainline Final Fantasy titles since FFX?

bfx0hx9jh1d01.jpg

final-fantasy-xi-art.jpg

final-fantasy-xii-key-art.original.jpg

82185.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

ff15-art-book-illust.jpg

Misterhbk

Oct 27, 2017
X
XII
XV

In that order. I finished 13 twice and really enjoyed it the second time. The battle system is ace! But it just doesn't come close to any of the others IMO. I never played XI and XIV was…fine. I got bored pretty quick though.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
X -> XIV ->->->->-> XII ->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->-> XV-> XIII

Haven't played enough XI to be comfortable ranking it, but it could feasibly be above XII (because that's a game I respect but don't particularly like, while XV and XIII are the two worst mainline FF games / the only ones I'd consider to be 'bad').

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
XIV > XI = XII >>>> XV >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> XIII for me. The online games really knocked it out of the park compared to the singleplayer ones.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't consider XI and XIV mainline Final Fantasies, so that basically leaves XII, XIII and XV which are the only Final Fantasies that have released since X.

I guess XII is the best of that trio, but that's not saying much.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
XI > XIV > XIII for me. I also enjoyed the others that were released post X including X but those are my top 3 for this era of FF.

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
FFX is my second favorite game of all time. FFXIV isn't one of my top 10 but the way it's been going (I'm a few hours into Shadowbringers) it certainly has a chance to sneak in there. And I really enjoyed XV more than most people.

I never played XI but I hated XII and XIII

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
X, XII, XIV as they are the only three of those I have played. If I had played XI back when I suspect it would have bumped X off my list.

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
XII --> X ---------> ...I haven't played the MMOs, and I'd still rate them both higher than ---------------------------------------------------------------> XIII --> XV

Because XIII and XV have wasted dozens of hours of my life that I'll never get back, so I must rate the MMOs I haven't played as better.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
14 is the only one I enjoy, I mostly just tolerated most of the others ones listed and couldn't even beat any of them completely.

naff

Unshakeable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Haven't replayed XII for a long time, but i thought it was a new favourite when I first beat it over ten years ago. Replayed X recently and it's great though I wish there was more variety in enemies, the postgame was a little less arduous, the minugames didn't suck so bad, blitzball wasn't so shitty, and the sphere grid had some more qol features to not be such a chore. They had some damn obsession with stupid rng mechanics for these ps2 ff's, X had a lot of dumb shit, and XIIs postgame while very fun was annoying af with those random chests.

Plan to replay XII on pc where I assume I'll be able to fudge the stats and get better hit rates on those stupid chests. X is my favourite, XII is great but the main questline could've used more time in the oven and the rng chests really, really piss me off.

I'd vote X-2 also but not available so I threw a vote at XIII. XIV seems good, I got a char to lvl 60 a whole back and enjoyed my time with it well enough but I also just can't stay focused on mmo's.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
12 by a large margin and then 13 and 13-2. I never played 11 as I was busy with EQ and WoW, and I have tried to get into 14 multiple times and it's just boring to me, 15 was probably my least favorite mainline game in the series.

Edit: Oh you are including X sorry I thought you meant after that. So with that 12, X, and 13-2.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Just XIV.

I don't have any strong attachment to the others. XII was fun to play but I don't really have any desire to go back to it I think.

X-2's gameplay is amazing but X itself has one of my least favorite casts/world/plot since FF VIII. I just couldn't get invested.

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I'll go with XI, XIII and XIV.

Even though it's changed drastically since I started, there's something about XI that makes me unable to quit.

For all the problems XIII had it was very memorable for me. The music still randomly pops to mind sometimes.

There's not a lot I can say about XIV that others haven't mentioned. Sure there's some lows and there's quite a bit of lull between expansions and content updates but those highs more than make up for it.

I wasn't a big fan of XV just because it felt really aimless and despite it being open-world, the only parts I liked were the linear parts.

As for XII, starts great but honestly, after the necrohol I can't remember anything.

OP
OP
PshycoNinja

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I was kinda hoping for this thread to trend positive and talk about what we love about our favorites so I would appreciate we avoid attacking any of the games if we can, thank you. ^_^

Meta

"This guy are sick"
Oct 29, 2017
X, XI, and XII. All three of these are also in my top 5 mainline games, alongside V and VII.

PS2 era is my favorite FF era, apparently.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
X

XII is fine, but completely forgettable. I've heard if you like MMO's XI and XIV are good at that sort of thing. I sank a lot of hours into XIII, and a few into XV. I vaguely intend to return to XIII one day, because I do think there's something there gameplay-wise (plus I'm intrigued by the trilogy), but XV just felt completely void of substance for the, eh, five hours I put in.

But none of them deserved my vote. X, meanwhile, is excellent.

Oct 25, 2017
X

XV

XIII

In that order. Unfortunately I couldn't get into XI, and I found XII to be extremely boring. Same with XIV, which bored me to death and it's just a drag to play.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I've only played X and XIII and I'm not voting for XIII.

I own XII and XV, but haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
10, 12, and 14

I do have a brief small spot for 11. 13 and 15 are just bad.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
XIV is shaping up to be my favorite game of all time when it's all said and done, and I initially wasn't a huge fan of X but warmed up to it over time.

My 3rd is hard cause there's at least something major I dislike about all the others, but the Zodiac version of XII was pretty good and fixed a hella lot of issues I had with the base game so it got my vote, even if I am still pretty annoyed there's all those unique races and people in Ivalice and we get stuck playing 5 humans (2 of which are pretty damn basic) and a half naked rabbit-lady.

I almost voted for XI but imo it really, really, really didn't age well (which is the case of most MMOs of the time to be fair).

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't XIII-2 there? That's the best one since X.

XIII-2
XII (Don't really love this but don't hate it either. It's just alright)
XIII (I have a soft spot for this even though i hate lightning)

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
XI, XII and XIV for me.

All three have huge detailed worlds to explore that I love immersing myself in.

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
XII, XIII and XV are my faves out of these.

I haven't played the online games though, so yeah there's that.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
XV made me appreciate XIII a bit more. Neither were great though and my 3 out of that list have to be X and the MMOs. I have fond memories of XI with friends even if the game was a pain in those days. I just hate the gambit system and overall combat in XII that much more even if I really like some of the characters and art direction.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
X was my favourite overall experience of that lot. I thought the commentary of indoctrination was really interesting, and it's a very fun, linear RPG.

Then XII Zodiac Age was great, and XIII.

Don't really play the online games. XV was really baffling to me, a mainline FF game where you only play one character and it drops the open world premise half way through, it was utter shambles in my opinion.