What Are Your Three Favorite Mainline Final Fantasy Games Since Final Fantasy X?

• Final Fantasy X

• Final Fantasy XI

• Final Fantasy XII

• Final Fantasy XIII

• Final Fantasy XIV

• Final Fantasy XV

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 25, 2017
Does 7R count? It's the only FF I have legitimately loved since X. I never beat the original for reference, but I'm working on it.

CosmicGP

"This guy are sick"
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Three? I only like FF7R.

The online ones, 11 and 14, are out.
12? nothing memorable.
13? Lol
15? Err... good testbed for wetting your feet with open world mechanics and your new hybrid of action and traditional battle system? Shame about the barely finished game.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
XIV > X > XII >> XIII >>>> XV

Never played XI so can't really judge it, doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in though.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Including 10, here are my 3 favorite in order of love factor:

1. Final Fantasy 12
2. Final Fantasy 15
3. Final Fantasy 10

12 is by far my favorite since 10, and in my top 3 of all FF games. I'm one of those heathens who actually loved the combat and general gameplay :)

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Three? I only like FF7R.

The online ones, 11 and 14, are out.
12? nothing memorable.
13? Lol
15? Err... good testbed for wetting your feet with open world mechanics and your new hybrid of action and traditional battle system? Shame about the barely finished game.
You should also try X and/or VI imo.

Laxoon

One Winged Slayer
Jan 24, 2018
Fell off X like near halfway through
Tried XI when I was a dumb baby, didn't get far but it was cool. I want a remake/standalone version at this point.
XII I couldn't get into, gave up at the first boss when it came out lol. Love FFT though....
XIII skipped cause of it's rep but I'm willing to go back after I try X again
XV I got a 4th of the way through, stopped to watch the movie, anime and just stopped. I want to go back but low motivation.

XIV though, whoo. I'm a few hours into Shadowbringers and this game is as good as IV-IX imo. It's fantastic and the one I voted for in the polls.

Taneleer

Dec 20, 2017
PNW
XII by a wide margin, then X. I never got to play XI, hate XIII, haven't played more than half hour of XIV, and still haven't finished XV.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
FFX is winning?

maxresdefault.jpg

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never properly played the MMORPGs and I don't like X, XIII or XV so I guess it's a solitary Top 1 consisting of FFXII only.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
It just now dawned on me that I haven't *beaten* a final fantasy past X. I've played them all, but dropped all that came after X.

Jetsun Mila

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
Out of these, XII is by far the best.
But I also enjoyed XV, especially the dungeons and character interactions.
XIV I haven't played much but I liked what I played.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a good opinion of most of them.

X was a great game with some fantastic characters that changed the way Final Fantasy felt with adding voice acting and looking mind blowing on PS2.

XI while I didn't get to play it much has a fucking amazing world with some great characters and I just wish I had a link shell that would have let me experience the game.

XII Original is one of my favorite games in the franchise and I really loved my time with it. Absolutely hate Zodiac Age Version.

XIII is one of my favorites in the franchise, Optima Shifting was such an amazing combat system and I really liked Lightning and still love Fang.

XIV OG was freaking awful. ARR was okay if a little boring. Haven't played much beyond that.

XV I really dislike, but I don't dislike it because it's a bad game. I dislike it because it's not VS XIII, and it's not the game I built up in my head. It's not a bad game, just one sadly I can't bring myself to like and I'm missing out because of it but at the same time I just can't care about that.

VIIR is my favorite game of all time with only Lunar Silver Star Story Complete rivaling it.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
FFVII Remake is the only FF game since X that I really loved. FFXII I like in terms of tone, but the overall didn't click with me. Only made it 10 hours into XIII before I gave up, and same goes for XV really.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
XV, XIV and XII. X and XIII arent far behind though.

Dont care much for XI, doesnt interest me enough to play it.

HitMissYeah

Oct 30, 2017
X - beautiful story and atmosphere, loved every bit of it

XIII - best battle system in the series for me and holy shit the soundtrack. And loved the world and lore they created.

XV - great journey with the guys, the final part of the game is fantastic.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
14, 15 and 10 are my favorites but i also enjoyed 12 and 13.

Jul 7, 2021
Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy XII for different reasons because the games are radically different.

Final Fantasy X is probably my favorite "modern" turn-based Final Fantasy entry and has a really great story. Final Fantasy XII plays a lot like a MMO and is pretty addictive because of it. Really like the world building of the latter and its Star Wars-like vibe.

Have not played the subsequent titles.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
14 > 10 > 12

But really this should include X-2, XIII-2 and VIIR as they were big budget games made by a core team.

In which case my answer would be 14 > 10 > 7R

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
XII, XIV, ???. I haven't played XV still, and I didn't enjoy any of the ones on the poll other than XII and XIV.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
12 and 14 are the only ones on the list that I particularly like. 10 didn't click with me, and 11 was too much like EQ for me to tolerate. 13 is just a bad game. Never played 15 at all.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
X is GOD TIER
XII was Grand and a breath of fresh air
XIII was interesting and fun
XV was Whatever story wise, but enjoyed it.

I don't play MMORPG.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
X, XII, XIII. X being one if my all time favourite games.

I didn't like XV and I don't care about online games so that was an easy poll for me.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
XII: Zodiac Age > X > XV: Royal Edition+Movie+Ardyn DLC

I loved my time with XIV, but it's still too much of an MMORPG that doesn't give me the same experience as a single-player game.

Oct 25, 2017
X and XIV are easily the best of the five.
XIII and XV are easily the worst.

So really the only decision here is whether XI or XII get that 3rd place spot.
XI's world and story are top notch. The sense of adventure really can't be beat.
The gameplay can be pretty rough though.
XII's world building is great, but the story is kinda weak.
Love the gameplay.

I could go either way really, but I went with XI.
The sheer quantity of great content puts it above XII, despite XII's better gameplay.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
14, 13, and 12.

14 is by far the best, both in terms of story and in terms of gameplay. Just an incredible cast of characters and a really well realized world, and it fixes a lot of issues I have with the MMO genre.

13, including 13-2 and Lighting Returns have all sorts of issues, but I like their ambition at the very least.

12 is okay, just a well executed fantasy adventure.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Easy!

XII, XIII, XV.

I'm current in Heavensward with XIV and I like it so far!

I honestly thought the polls wouldn't include X. I didn't cut for it since I didn't actually finish it yet.

Ivalice is my heart! XIII is something I grew to love, and that OST still makes me emotional. XV was an amazing journey and some day I want to go back to it.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
12 is top, by a distance. Love the world, love the mechanics, half of the characters are good, wish there was more species diversity in the party considering the setting.

Then 10. 10 is fine.

Then my god you're making me pick between 13 and 15? This should be against the Geneva Convention. 15 by default I guess, but hoo boy these are both bad.

The MMOs are obviously disqualified. 11 and 14 are FF games in name only.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
X and XIV easily and... uh... I'm currently playing XII for the first time and while I wouldn't call it great, it's probably that by the power of not being as bad as XIII and XV. I'm also interested in XI but I don't see myself playing another mmo while I'm on XIV, especially not such an archaic one.

Oct 27, 2017
I consider 10 to be part of the classic Final Fantasies and it's probably my favorite one along with 5.

I enjoyed the combat of 13 a lot too, so I'd include that next. 13-2 is even better than 13, but if we stick to mainline, then I guess 12 is a reluctant 3rd. I like the stories and settings of 12 and 15 a lot, but gameplay is my make-or-break litmus test and I didn't really have fun actually playing through 12 or 15, I guess 12 was overall the more complete package. They may be due for a replay to see if my opinion has improved.

I don't do MMOs so no 11 or 14. I did try a tiny bit of 11 in the distant past, if a decent chunk of it can be solo'd still I may give it another shot on steam in the future.

Spaceroast

Oct 30, 2017
XI is a top 5 GOAT video game for me.

XII is fantastic, need to replay it.

Never finished X; couldn't really get into it. XIV took the FF MMO in a direction i don't really care for. Haven't tried XIII or XV.