DinkyDev

The Movie Critic
Feb 5, 2021
gp1Q0S5.jpeg

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I literally cannot imagine a less exciting first reveal pic that at least included a lion.

That is laughably anti-hype. You could tell me that's a grab from the last live action movie (that I saw twice) and I'd 100% believe you.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I expected little and received less. What a boring first screen to release lol

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
For some reason I imagined this was going to be animated. I feel bad for kids this generation being introduced to classic Disney characters via lifeless mediocre CG recreations.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
part of me feels like thisll bomb but the other part knows theres probably a bunch of people who unironically liked the souless cg animal liom king

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
"Remember that lifeless live-action Lion King remake we did before the pandemic? Well here is an image that evokes that same lifeless feeling for a Mufasa origin story no one asked for!"

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
For some reason I imagined this was going to be animated. I feel bad for kids this generation being introduced to classic Disney characters via lifeless mediocre CG recreations.

The best part is the CG is getting progressively WORSE.

OP's pic looks like a screen grab from FFVII Rebirth's Junon region (in performance mode) with a lion superimposed.

Like, Jungle Book came out almost a decade ago and looks BETTER:

0-129.jpg

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Sort of surprised they didn't do a young Scar movie, like they did with Cruella and Malifecent.

Either way, that looks awful, and no thanks.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
It looks like this old museum near where I grew up where there were taxidermy animals on display in the main lobby area.

Could literally zoom out and see people taking pictures of him.

Alent

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
It kinda looks like a videogame cutscene. Like i could imagine a MGS game looking like that. Either way, it'll prolly make bank.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Will zazu be an egg in this movie? Maybe an egg with little leg holes, like in that Garfield cartoon?

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Sort of surprised they didn't do a young Scar movie, like they did with Cruella and Malifecent.

Either way, that looks awful, and no thanks.

Im not 100% familiar with the characters but Scar seemed a bit more evil than Cruella and Mal. I can't imagine trying to portray him in any kind of likable way.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Wow a lion
So cool
Zzzzz
The best part is the CG is getting progressively WORSE.

OP's pic looks like a screen grab from FFVII Rebirth's Junon region (in performance mode) with a lion superimposed.

Like, Jungle Book came out almost a decade ago and looks BETTER:

0-129.jpg
Jungle Book is probably technically worse
But it wasn't a slave to being overly realistic so it has shit like an orangutan being building size and talk and move like a mob boss
Lion king wouldn't dare

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
"so this movie is all virtual environments, we can create anything we dream of"

"alright, hit me with those brown rocks. I want it all to be brown rocks"

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
1. Film a nature preserve movie about lions
2. Add some CGI to make their mouths move
3. Give it a title referencing The Lion King
4. Profit

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Hollywood made a sympathetic movie about the Joker. The Joker. They could have made Scar work.

Thats different as it was a bit darker and tackled more mature subject matter in a non-Disney kid way. Maybe sympathy wasn't the right word, instead I should've said it would be difficult to make the evil character moderately likable and show them in a positive light so that the audience is "rooting" for them.