GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO what's the flying head?
headpool.png

It's zombie Deadpool from Marvel Zombies. Commonly referred to as "Headpool" because he was reduced to a head and was usually seen flying around with a propeller hat.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017

So Babypool, Kidpool, Dogpool, and Headpool are definitely in.

Set photos show at least one other Deadpool variant:
latest

Some long haired one that isn't scarred. I kind of have a feeling we're going to see a bunch of Deadpool variants and that a ton just get merc'd like X-Force did in Deadpool 2, leaving just the above left.

There's also this shot in the trailer:

These gloves are definitely different than Deadpool's own and they don't match the above variant's either. They could maybe be Kidpool's hands... but it's been heavily rumored by leakers that Lady Deadpool will be making an appearance as well, and it would be weird if they left her out if they got all of those other variants when she's definitely the most popular.
57_c5443108-8516-42ce-9295-6afeb5073771_1200x1200.jpg

And then those rumors of Taylor Swift potentially making a cameo... hm...
s9byg5qzdw871.jpg

Dec 17, 2022
Aren't The Marvels streaming numbers pretty bad? Like, they were the number 1 in that specific week it came out and nothing else of note came out, but even then the numbers weren't anything spectacular.

Yeah the numbers ultimately ended up being pretty bad, except for that brief moment… which is a shame since that film was a lot of fun.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
whatsondisneyplus.com

New “Marvel Studios: Legends” Episodes Coming Soon To Disney+

Disney has announced a new season of Marvel Studios

Do we have a surprise shadow drop coming to Disney+? Legends episodes always drop a week before a big movie/series launch.
Would be odd, with X-Men '97 airing until May 15. Otherwise I'd guess Marvel Zombies or What If S3 are the only viable options, with both Agatha and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man airing after the Summer.

kowhite

May 14, 2019
If Young Avengers happens…it's really gonna be slightly younger adult avengers isn't it? Don't get me wrong, that doesn't bother me.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
That cover reminds me that Billy is a gaymer. I wonder if he'll have a Switch in the MCU.

As for the bands...yeah, not super exciting. I guess they want objects of power after the Infinity Stones.

Is Alex Perez/The Cosmic Circus reliable?

Brand deal with Nintendo for a Switch 2. Although with brand deals Marvel usually give the person a blank item and they digitally replace it in post. 🤷‍♀️

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not optimistic for a Young Avengers. Fully expect it to be dogpiled like The Marvels for having the audacity to star women and minorities.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
His hit ratio is high but spotty. But his hits are very on the mark.
That guy should not be taken seriously at all. For months he kept pushing the Earth-838 plot rumors for Deadpool, and when it came out that someone on the MSS sub had completely made it up, Alex tried to save face by claiming that it WAS the plot but then things changed. Hell of a coincidence that the movie was both identical to something completely made up AND had underwent such a rewrite that no trace of that plot exists anymore!

JS3DX

Feb 15, 2018
I'm really not optimistic for a Young Avengers. Fully expect it to be dogpiled like The Marvels for having the audacity to star women and minorities.

... Or maybe (mayyyybeee) it wasn't a good movie at all. Let's check the facts:

- Ms Marvel, while not great, it's widely liked.
- Hawkeye series (Kate Bishop's origin) was a cool christmas themed series.
- Outside of this movie: Everyone loves Captain Carter, everyone loves Yelena Belova, everyone wanted a Black Widow movie at some point.
- And on top of it all, the best part of The Marvels was the post-credits scene.

If Marvel does Young Avengers, it just needs to be GOOD for it to be a success.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

- Outside of this movie: Everyone loves Captain Carter, everyone loves Yelena Belova, everyone wanted a Black Widow movie at some point.
- And on top of it all, the best part of The Marvels was the post-credits scene.

none of those "facts" have anything to do with your own definition of Marvels being "a bad movie".

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
none of those "facts" have anything to do with your own definition of Marvels being "a bad movie".
It has the 3rd worst RT score in the MCU, and the biggest box office bomb. Also a B cinemascore which is there among the worst with Quantumania and Eternals.

Black Widow was successful related to its simultaneous D+ COVID debut, and Captain Marvel stands as one of the more successful MCU movies with $1.1b box office gross.

So I think blaming it on female lead is a bad excuse. Movie sucked and nobody liked it, those are indeed facts by all accounts

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So I think blaming it on female lead is a bad excuse. Movie sucked and nobody liked it, those are indeed facts by all accounts
So you realise your shooting your argument in the foot by saying "movie sucked, no one liked it - this is a fact" right? Because unless you've quizzed everyone who saw it, you cant state that as a fact, and I know for sure my dad enjoyed the movie, so great going on your fact finding.

Your other points have merit - it was widely panned and did indeed do really bad at the box office. THESE are facts. Ive not watched it myself, honestly Im mainly just going to because I love Miss Marvel, but that's the only reason.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I think Young Avengers is stupid. I can't even fathom how terrible and on the nose the dialogue will be. Just make an Avenger's team and put Ms. Marvel and Kate in it. I think theme teams are way too contrived and don't make any logical sense. Not to mention the MCU is already struggling to have one successful good movie lately so just load up the next Avengers with cool shit and great dialogue. Kate is more than old enough to be on the main team. Ms. Marvel worked great with the older team in the video game. I don't care at all about Cassie.

X05

Oct 25, 2017
It has the 3rd worst RT score in the MCU, and the biggest box office bomb. Also a B cinemascore which is there among the worst with Quantumania and Eternals.

Black Widow was successful related to its simultaneous D+ COVID debut, and Captain Marvel stands as one of the more successful MCU movies with $1.1b box office gross.

RT scores are not a measure of quality, but simply the percentage of reviewers that think that the movie in question is worth watching, so it being at 62% with critics is not the zing you think it is, as it simply states that the majority *do* think the movie is worth your time
Also I liked it 🤷‍♂️
Could've been better sure (the brisk pace doesn't let some scenes sit or properly develop Dar-Benn), but it's nowhere near as bad as MCU's worst like The Incredible Hulk, Thor The Dark World or Quantumania

Having said that, the reason many point towards the movie being unfairly treated due to being women/minority lead (let's not forget there's not a *single* white cis man in the main and supporting cast), can be summarized like this: Google "who asked for antman" (or "who asked for quantumania") and "who asked for marvels"
The results might surprise you (but not the rest of us)
But just in case, some spoilers: No one said "who the fuck asked for this shit" regarding the mostly boring and very forgettable Ant-Man films, but for some reason is pretty much the only question people can ask about The Marvels. Or Captain Marvel. Or Black Widow. Or Black Panther. Or Echo.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for Finn Jones coming back as Iron Fist, I always liked him. Just give him the proper training and prep time this time around.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Also for the love of God just do a Heroes for Hire show for at least one season. You have a magic formula RIGHT there, especially now that you can bring back Jessica Jones and add in characters that support that run.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The Marvels is not good. Like whatever you want but trying to deflect with "people only ganged up on it because it has female/POC leads" is self-parodying nonsense.

Google "who asked for antman" (or "who asked for quantumania") and "who asked for marvels"
Yeah no, "nobody was asking" for an Ant-Man trilogy

but for some reason is pretty much the only question people can ask about The Marvels. Or Captain Marvel. Or Black Widow. Or Black Panther. Or Echo.
People asked that about Black Widow and Echo because the former character was dead and the latter did not seem like a big enough character to deserve their own series. And as it turns out, neither project really silenced the doubters. A Black Widow movie would've been great circa 2016/17, but coming out in 2021 after the character was dead, it just didn't justify it's existence. And I say that as someone who kinda liked it.

But you know what show did inspire a chorus of "who asked for this", especially on this forum? Andor.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Im still against them giving Finn another shot as Iron Fist. He had the charisma of a wet paper bag and his series was fucking garbage. Sure the writing, directing, rubbish villain and absolutely abysmal fight choreography had quite a bit to do with that, but he never once fit Iron Fist for me... the other Netflix characters (DD, JJ, Luke Cage, Punisher) felt perfectly cast, everything in IF just felt terrible.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
The Finn Jones hate has always felt weird. Even recall ppl talking about how he looked, the Netflix heroes weren't on the Avengers diet. Hope he shows up and gets a nice moment as a cameo or something.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The Finn Jones hate has always felt weird. Even recall ppl talking about how he looked, the Netflix heroes weren't on the Avengers diet. Hope he shows up and gets a nice moment as a cameo or something.
What little of that show I saw was not good, but in his defense, he was given like two weeks to prep for it.

GoodGrief

Jan 24, 2024
In Iron Fist S2 and in his guest spot in Luke Cage, Danny shone as the zen, supportive guy who brought out the best in others, so I'd love to see him return in that capacity. Daredevil Born Again, Shang-Chi 2, a Colleen led Iron Fist show, any of those would be great. Ideally though we'd get a Heroes for Hire show where he and Luke team up, cause their dynamic was great. A storyline exploring Luke's role as kingpin of Harlem and Danny trying to bring him back to the side of good has a lot of potential.

Feb 16, 2022

The fact that it was not a box office success has nothing to do with the fact that it was dogpiled by bigots. The first Captain Marvel movie made a billion and it(and the character) was still dogpiled by bigots.

Let's check the facts:
- Ms Marvel - dogpiled by bigots
- Kate Bishop - dogpiled by bigots
- Captain Carter - dogpiled by bigots

The successes of their respective shows didn't stop bigots from dogpiling on them.

beat

Oct 28, 2017
Frankly I just think the concept of Danny Rand in general stinks way too much of white savior.
They should have cast Danny as Asian American back in the first show, but I guess the fact that they didn't was only a symptom of the lack of care overall for the show. I've ranted about this at length earlier in the thread.

It's a shame, I agree he's got a white savior thing going on, reinforced when the comics introduced Orson Randall in 2006.

If the MCU wanted, they could use the new Iron Fist, Lin Lie.

Oct 27, 2017
Are people in here trying to downplay and low key gaslighting folks into thinking bigoted chuds haven't been attacking and hate brigading Marvel/Disney these past 5 years?

I mean Brie Larson's face hasn't been plastered on thousand youtube thumbnails since 2019 for no reason at all lol. She's been absolutely demonized by these assholes

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
Pretending Marvels wasnt badly received is dumb. Seems some fans of these cape franchises often have that problem. Reviews, online reaction and bonx fofice and other metrics all showed Marvels wasnt well received. It failed compared to other MCU projects for sure.

Also sure, you personally might have liked it and thats fine since plenty of people like the transformers films, batman v superman, suicide squad. Marvels wasnt that badly received either but it was still seen by many as a mediocre film.

They have definitely botched the young Avengers/Champions buildup imo.Its not unsalvageable but not an ideal build up at all. also i kind of hope they are not planning to do a film for those characters. Do a show.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't believe thunderbolts is a real movie

I mean, why not? It was only a matter of time. Just sucks they went with a version that's less exciting than the original comic version. But at the same time I'm not surprised they wanna give Winter Soldier and Yelena etc more to do.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Are people in here trying to downplay and low key gaslighting folks into thinking bigoted chuds haven't been attacking and hate brigading Marvel/Disney these past 5 years?

I mean Brie Larson's face hasn't been plastered on thousand youtube thumbnails since 2019 for no reason at all lol. She's been absolutely demonized by these assholes
That's got nothing to do with the movie itself though. It's good or bad, liked or disliked, on its own merits as a movie. Internet trolls have been flinging shit at Brie Larson for years and that is awful, most especially for Brie herself, but that shouldn't influence what someone thinks of the movie or obligates them to like it or defend it because of that.

This stuff gives me newfound sympathy for people who don't like The Last Jedi lol

I still don't believe thunderbolts is a real movie
The irony is that it has the potential to be one of the strongest projects Marvel has for the next few years.

Some of the casting is a missed opportunity (I don't care about the lack of comics accurate Thunderbolts characters, just think there were stronger choices to use than Ghost, Walker, or Taskmaster) but Florence + director and showrunner of Beef is a promising combo

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Pretending Marvels wasnt badly received is dumb. Seems some fans of these cape franchises often have that problem.

For more than a decade, film bros have been calling MCU films shit even though the vast majority of them were very positively received by critics and audiences. The Marvels had issues but it wasn't the disaster some people pretend it was, as demonstrated by the RT score.

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
For more than a decade, film bros have been calling MCU films shit even though the vast majority of them were very positively received by critics and audiences. The Marvels had issues but it wasn't the disaster some people pretend it was, as demonstrated by the RT score.
It had so many things against it. Both Thor and Ant man didn't had the most positive feedback. Transformers also had multiple huge success movies but people finally stoped caring after that horrible last knight movie.

Short run time from the Marvels wasn't positively received. Worth of mouth was bad (it was) and some people didn't liked the fact you had to watch multiple Disney + shows. My sister in law had absolutely no idea who Ms marvel and the character from Wanda Vision was. Even I had completely forgotten about Monica.

Movie had no chance in becoming a succes

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
It had so many things against it. Both Thor and Ant man didn't had the most positive feedback. Transformers also had multiple huge success movies but people finally stoped caring after that horrible last knight movie.

Short run time from the Marvels wasn't positively received. Worth of mouth was bad (it was) and some people didn't liked the fact you had to watch multiple Disney + shows. My sister in law had absolutely no idea who Ms marvel and the character from Wanda Vision was. Even I had completely forgotten about Monica.

Movie had no chance in becoming a succes

More or less, yeah. The Marvels ended up as a lightning rod for every real or perceived grievance people had with the MCU.

BoondockRiley

Nov 15, 2017
I find the whole Marvels 'you had to watch two Disney+ shows to be able to enjoy it' complaint really weird, as if every audience member of Endgame had seen the preceding 20+ movies. Like it's the second biggest movie of all time and every person in the audience understood every reference made? Give me a break.

Using that logic Infinity War should've been the more successful movie as you could mostly come in blind into that one (maybe Avengers 1 and Guardians 1 is the only 'homework') and still get maximum enjoyment from it.

The Marvels does not isolate its audience to the point that you're thrown into the thick of the narrative and not get what's going on. Monica has powers and works for Fury and Ms Marvel is a fangirl with powers (not exactly unknown territory with MCU's Spidey being presented in a similar fashion), did audience members really feel that lost? If Endgame bombed people would be saying 'of course it bombed, you had to watch 20 movies to get it!'

It's one of those complaints that I really don't think is genuine, as if the few people that did go see it and had no idea who these characters were, just sat there scratching their head in the theatre for 90 minutes.