• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Gozer's back. Guess it's a direct sequel to GB1.

I think they're leaning too much into the old movies to be honest, but they had to do that to mollify the fanboys.

EDIT: Ray's store at the end is the same store from GB2.

iX4ojlel.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
AuthenticM

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say, I'm still bummed out that this movie is what prevented Paul Rudd from appearing in Halloween Kills and Ends.

still not over that. :(

fl1ppyB

Jun 11, 2018
Looks really interesting but still strikes a completely different tone for a Ghostbusters movie.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Felt like a strange mix of Force Awakens, Stranger Things, and a little of the rumored Ghostbuster in Hell movie that never got made.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So I've no idea about how good this film will actually be but the premise is like a thousand times better than Ghostbusters 2016.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So far this is actually looking really damn good. Quite a different tone to the originals but seems to fit well and I'm pretty excited to see it

Oct 26, 2017
I think making it a kids adventure is a smart move. They would never be able to recapture the tone of the original.

glaurung

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
I don't know what to make of this. There is potential here, but I am mildly concerned. Some of the CGI looks really spotty in this trailer.
Also, if they get Aykroyd to do a cameo, but not Murray, I will be even more conflicted.

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
Very different tone but let's see how it plays out. Zero point trying to do the same thing again.

The phone calll at the end 🥰

BobbyRawlins

Oct 25, 2017
love it, cant wait for this movie. looks like a good fucking time.

that trailer moment with the black and white photo of the team really hits something in me. also janine as well.

StrikeJP

Oct 31, 2017
It looks good. I believe it will be an enjoyable and competent movie. My only concern is that humor seems to be lacking.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I think it looks safe and inoffensive so I remain cautiously optimistic. My kids flipped their shit when they saw this and their excitement is contagious.

Oct 27, 2017
The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is the Pyramid Head of Ghostbusters. He only existed in that one context conjured by a specific mind for a very specific reason but it's become so iconic that he shows up anytime the series does now.

"Hey, do you remember that thing from ghostbusters?": The movie
Yeah, disappointed about how accurate this statement is about the trailer. Still looks better than the "wacky" improv of 2016 by a whole lot, and it could end up to be really fun.

Seeing the Ecto-1 tooling around in an action scene is pretty cool for sure.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, I don't know if it's better or worse than the 2016 film, lol.

Gotta watch it first, hope it's good at least.

And that random less than a second DualSense ad.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
I'm hoping they continue with being inventive with some of the traps. Chasing a ghost in a car with the trap being an RC is pretty cool.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer looked more "serious" than I expected but from the individual clips it doesn't seem to be that kind of movie.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what to make of this. There is potential here, but I am mildly concerned. Some of the CGI looks really spotty in this trailer.
Also, if they get Aykroyd to do a cameo, but not Murray, I will be even more conflicted.
They're all in it bar Ramis for obvious reasons, it just remains how much they're in it for.

This looks so good and hits all the right notes for me, cannot wait.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man is the Pyramid Head of Ghostbusters. He only existed in that one context conjured by a specific mind for a very specific reason but it's become so iconic that he shows up anytime the series does now.

They actually explained/handwaved that in the GB videogame (and Dan Aykroyd said it!), when Gozer came to Earth he was locked into the Destructor Form - Stay Puft.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Felt like a strange mix of Force Awakens, Stranger Things, and a little of the rumored Ghostbuster in Hell movie that never got made.

good call. that's exactly how it comes off. it should be fine so long as it doesn't bear an unnerving amount of reverence to the original movie(s).

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I like how Spielberg-y it feels. The kids all seem fine and Paul Rudd.

In.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Lowkey Paul Rudd and Kids fighting ghosts might be a better sell without the ghost buster baggage

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Looks fine to me. World forgets about ghosts. Egon's grandkids find out about them. Hijinx ensues. Seems okay to me for a kid's movie. Which I assume this is.