spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty ambitious to launch with a rhythm game and a fighting game, that's a strong bet on stability that will look pretty bad if it doesn't work extremely well

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
i was under the impression launch would have way more games... the fact that already released games that were announced for Stadia like Borderlands 3 or Grid arent avaialble at launch is pretty bad.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean RDR2 is essentially the killer app here, if it runs it as well as they claim. Everything else is like, why even.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Good to see that RDR2 is a launch title. I was starting to think it wouldn't launch till 2020.

Not a strong lineup of volume, though. Very thin... Represents like 10% of the publishers/developers they showed in their reveal it seems.

IS *anybody* going to play Just Dance 2020 on a streaming service...?

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
Not enough to get me excited. Weird that their only exclusive (?) appears to be a stealth horror game.

I remain cautiously curious about Stadia, but they're going to have to sweeten the pot and step up to the Game Pass/PS Now plate before they get me to pay for the right to not download my games.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I love the Tomb Raider games, and I can only imagine how much more frustrating they would be with any streaming input lag.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people comparing it to a console launch? That's a good lineup considering you don't have a big upfront investment. You just buy the game you want to play and stream it.

When buying a new console, you need a good lineup of games to justify spending the ~$400 console price. That's not the case for Stadia.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
That's an incredibly weak lineup even with RDR 2 and MK 11 and having 3 TR games as 25% of the lineup is just lol
Also why 12? How about 24 or 30 games?
Might as well just call it Google Stadia: Early Access Edition

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
SNK talking the big game about rejecting Epic, meanwhile they happily accepted Google's money lol.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Gylt is exclusive. Probably not mind blowing anyway but still platform exclusive so you can't pay it elsewhere, as of now.
Initialky I'm good with playing Destiny and reading Stadia posts here of people freaking out over a product they do not intent to use but making sure we read about it lol.

Gylt looks cool but not $80 cool for me (Canada)

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Don't worry guys, jade raymond is heading up a development studio. She'll be there for years and then leave with nothing to show for it

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biosnake you can post this in the OP instead of the second tweet, since the tweet embed doesn't show the whole pic.

ejg3px6uwaaqalsr5kfl.jpeg

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Every time a new thread pops up about Stadia, my reaction is always, "oh yeah, THAT thing. Forgot about it." And it's coming out this month...

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
This thing launches next week? With this as a launch lineup?

Yikes. Coming in way too hot, they've really mishandled this entire thing.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Even the "free" version relys on you buying these games, right... Whats the pricing on them?
Pretty sure they said it would be in line with what they're sold for on other stores. Though the usual practice is to have it premium priced for a while first when it comes out on a new 'platform' even though it's already been cheaper somewhere where it was out for a while longer already.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
The size of the line up is fine.
Launching with no killer app is bold to say the least.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it the worst console launch lineup of all time? I genuinely can't think of something less interesting.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is going to be a bloodbath ... there is NOTHING compelling in the launch lineup
A bit early to say "NOTHING" compelling. We have to get more details - for example, Red Dead Redemption 2 could be amazing, if it looks similar to the PC version's ultra quality but runs at 4k/60fps (but if it doesn't, then not so much). Also, I personally am really interested in Gylt.