haxan

Oct 25, 2017
As a Stadia pre-orderer: this is really sad. Let's hope that this pricier Premier launch is seen by Google as a soft launch or something and the enticing stuff hits once the cheaper controllers are out there.

Deleted member 4552

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people comparing it to a console launch? That's a good lineup considering you don't have a big upfront investment. You just buy the game you want to play and stream it.

When buying a new console, you need a good lineup of games to justify spending the ~$400 console price. That's not the case for Stadia.

When you buy a console you get a commitment of 5 to 7 years of top end releases and exclusive1st party content.

Unless that console is the WII U, Nintendo.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it the worst console launch lineup of all time? I genuinely can't think of something less interesting.
tbh it's not like most consoles have had mind blowing launch lineups. but at least there's a few new, good games. most of these 12 games are good but also they're... kinda old news.
here you just have gylt (an INSIDE/little nightmares looking indie game) as a launch exclusive.

Shakerovic

Apr 26, 2019
1uscci.jpg

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot of games can be played over streaming just fine because you can adjust to lag and lag spikes won't kill you. But Thumper? I can't imagine how furious I'd be if I was on my way to a perfect track and then hitting a lag spike because my wife decided to check the baby monitor.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Will be very interested to hear impressions of GYLT. Compression artifacts from the streaming would absolutely destroy a game that has as much darkness as that

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I know you guys hate this service but I hope they stay in the market and keep money hatting new projects. More money = more games. More games = more publishers who have more money to make more games. For the first time in the industry we really got two big publishers in THQ and Bethesda, a new manufacturer/distributor in google, and a new store front with EGS.

we are in an unprecedented age in gaming

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
3DS' launch list:
  • Nintendogs + Cats
  • Pilotwings Resort.
  • Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask.
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition.
  • The Sims 3.
  • Asphalt 3D.

I'm pretty sure there's more to that. I at least remember the cool tactical RPG Ghost Recon.

Switch launch had pretty much only BOTW and it was available on the previous console as well. I'd say that.

bruh definitely not
it launched with Fast RMX and Snipperclips too, three great new games (with a GOTG amongst them)

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
we all know they are revealing this the week before launch because they waited until they got their $130 Stadia preorders and started charging to ship them to reveal they finessed people. All their talk of deals with Ubi and Square and this is what their paid users get.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I assume all of those games will be running at 60 fps to dramatically reduce latency?

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
it's clearly a list of titles meant for beta testing and data collection. you've got your MMO, your AAA, your online latency test (MK), your offline latency test (Thumper), your 1 exclusive, and your old shit to entice other publishers to port their old shit once the data comes in.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
we all know they are revealing this the week before launch because they waited until they got their $130 Stadia preorders and started charging to ship them to reveal they finessed people. All their talk of deals with Ubi and Square and this is what their paid users get.

There's still time for everyone to cancel if they want. Nothing has shipped so far.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
tbh it's not like most consoles have had mind blowing launch lineups. but at least there's a few new, good games. most of these 12 games are good but also they're... kinda old news.
Except they are not if you were not a PC or console gamer, the test will be if these games get sales to that market.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
When you buy a console you get a commitment of 5 to 7 years of top end releases and exclusive1st party content.

Unless that console is the WII U, Nintendo.

That has nothing to do with what I said though. For consoles, you have to have a good launch lineup to spend ~$400 day one for the hardware alone. Stadia doesn't have that kind of upfront investment so no need to worry about launch lineup. Just buy the games you want to play whenever you want to play them.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Who exactly are they targeting with this launch lineup? All existing games that will run worse for most people compared to dedicated consoles and native PCs.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I assume all of those games will be running at 60 fps to dramatically reduce latency?

All games on Stadia whether Stadia Pro or the free version are 60fps according to Google (4K/60 for Stadia Pro, 1080/60 for Stadia free, scales down to 720p/60 if you connection doesn't have the bandwidth for 1080/60). I would assume you essentially need the games running at least 60fps to make streaming truly viable.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen bootleg consoles with better lineups. Well maybe this is for the best, they can take older games with known performance metrics and compare them to Stadia's streaming performance. Don't want some fancy new game releasing at the same time as the console and souring the experience if they have not worked out the kinks yet for primetime. It's a reach, I admit.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
the hate for this product Era has is kinda sad.

PS4s launch line up was no better.
Completely agree that PS4 launch lineup wasn't any better but it only had to compete with Xbox one launch lineup. They have to prove they can nail those games at 4k/60 ultra to calm the doubters. I am interested in Stadia but they have to knock it out of the park. They obviously still can but as has already been said I own most of those games already.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Stadia's definitely going the route of "proof of concept" games rather than actual killer apps, hoping that Stadia itself will be the killer app.

I do not see this going well.