Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Canceled my controller purchase :( not in a position to send it back and I'm worried they won't even fix it, just send me back a black controller. Wish they would've revealed the Elite 3 alongside this.

timeforsana

Oct 26, 2017
Yep pretty much… I ended up having to get the bundle with the T-shirt for an extra £15.
If they're gonna force you to buy their useless tat then they can at least make shipping free. Decided not to bother pre-ordering, not paying £55 more than a regular SX.

Will pre-order if they go up on Amazon at some point.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Canceled my controller purchase :( not in a position to send it back and I'm worried they won't even fix it, just send me back a black controller. Wish they would've revealed the Elite 3 alongside this.
I think we still have some time for the Elite 3. Elite 1 came out in 2015 and Elite 2 in 2019.

Not even counting any possible covid delays and I'd say we have at least a couple years until the elite 3.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
So again, in all seriousness, I was able to purchase the controller a few minutes ago even though it says it's out of stock. Here's what I did step-by-step:

1. Go the page for the controller here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/x...-2-halo-infinite-limited-edition/90z8k1dbj8zd

2. When you first load the page, you will see a pre-order link for about a fraction of a second. If you refresh the page, you'll see it pop up again for the same amount of time. You have to be very quick, but refresh the page, scroll down and click "pre-order" before it disappears. It took me a couple of dozen times to do it, but eventually I managed.

3. Once you've managed that, the item will be added to your cart. Now you'll be at your cart, but unable to checkout because the item is "out-of-stock".

4. If you refresh the page here, you'll see a "checkout link" temporarily appear just as the pre-order link did in Step #2. So do on this page just as you did for the pre-order until you're able to click it.

5. Once that's done, you'll be on the 'Place Your Order" page. Here, it wouldn't allow me to select my address, so I just re-input it. Then I selected payment type and was able to successfully place my order.

I suggest you all give this a try as well.
This worked for me! Last part was hardest it would try loading the review your order page but back out a bunch of times. One time it actually went through.

But why the hell did I just order a $210 controller jfc

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
This worked for me! Last part was hardest it would try loading the review your order page but back out a bunch of times. One time it actually went through.

I have a feeling Microsoft will fix your buyers remorse for you with a cancellation anyways lol

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair

Awesome! Congrats! Glad someone else has managed to get it to work as well.

I was asking myself that same question. But I had also pre-ordered that limited Gears of War vinyl set which was $170, so I'll likely just cancel that.

Console listing page was taken down so definitely not

Dang. I was wondering why I couldn't find the page.

lilojigsaw

Chicken Chaser
Mar 1, 2018
What are the odds the elite controller gets resold at other places like the console seems to be?

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Really hope the non-Elite controller gets sold separately. I like the design of it, and it's got rubber grips. Will definitely buy if it's available without the console.

Jun 13, 2018
Does someone have something to say about this subject, just to give me some peace of mind? 😬

I generally don't have issues with PayPal, but one thing to keep in mind is that with some retailers (like Best Buy) if you use PP for a preorder you'll get charged for it upfront, but if you use a card you won't get charged 'til the item ships.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
I think we still have some time for the Elite 3. Elite 1 came out in 2015 and Elite 2 in 2019.

Not even counting any possible covid delays and I'd say we have at least a couple years until the elite 3.
That was my thinking. It sounds like if you want to play competitive multiplayer then the Elite really is a quantum leap on standard controllers, that's exactly what I'm after and I don't want to wait another couple of years.

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
that console is sexy af

can't justify getting an XSX though

Really hope the non-Elite controller gets sold separately. I like the design of it, and it's got rubber grips. Will definitely buy if it's available without the console.

Had the damn console pre-ordered but cancelled it for this very reason. I want the non-elite controller as well since my PC is absolutely fine (handles Halo Infinite beyond the recommended settings) and have zero need/want for an XSX.

Mona-chan

Oct 31, 2017
The good news is the console is in stock on Game UK. The bad news is its Game, and of course they've sold out of £479.99 pre orders and you can only get it for £500 and up with a bunch of tat no one wants.
Yea not to mention the £10 delivery fee. I just bought one with 3 months Game pass ultimate, I'm ultimately gonna sell my series s for when i finally get the X

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Oh damn I just got an order in with Microsoft for the controller doing it too!

I wonder if it's cancellations

zACepLD.png

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
Cancellations would be a great reason, because that would mean these orders won't just get nuked in a few days :)

It's weird because I tried for like 40 minutes just hitting F5 and slamming the mouse button and nothing. But then I saw that other guys post, tried it again for a minute and eventually it spun for a little bit where the PLACE ORDER button shows up and then it went through

Goldstick

Jun 6, 2019
Porto, Portugal
Ive done it via paypal credit basically pay it back as soon as you can basically like a credit card. Also MS have said in email to me wont charge me until closer to the date
What you mean with pay it back? Do I have to do something or they just charge me when the time comes?

I generally don't have issues with PayPal, but one thing to keep in mind is that with some retailers (like Best Buy) if you use PP for a preorder you'll get charged for it upfront, but if you use a card you won't get charged 'til the item ships.
I honestly would be more at ease if Microsoft had already charged me xD. Thanks!

Cna you elaborate on specifically what issues there are? Never had or heard of problems with it.
Just generally being charged later then credit card pre-orders (and consequently dispatched later), and sometimes problems with the payment requiring the customer to change their method.
I'm just worried because of it being a limited release, and somehow I feel that if something goes wrong I will lose my chance and the console goes to someone else. It's stupid, but that already happened to me with another store.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
What you mean with pay it back? Do I have to do something or they just charge me when the time comes?

I honestly would be more at ease if Microsoft had already charged me xD. Thanks!

Just generally being charged later then credit card pre-orders (and consequently dispatched later), and sometimes problems with the payment requiring the customer to change their method.
I'm just worried because of it being a limited release, and somehow I feel that if something goes wrong I will lose my chance and the console goes to someone else. It's stupid, but that already happened to me with another store.

Never had any of those issues. But Microsoft won't charge until order goes to shipping.

There are sometimes issues when buying things online form small stores that allow PayPal where they have to wait for the money to be processed to verify the transaction but that isn't going to be a thing with Microsoft or a large retailer.

Feb 9, 2018
Knowing my luck, preorders on GameStop or Best Buy will go live when I'm at work tomorrow. I really wish that these systems were something you had to order from a brick-and-mortar store. Not just any LEs, but just in general.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I was able to change the payment method on my controller order and it has since changed the estimated date from August 29th to the November 15th date. So so far it seems like it's going to stay.

Azerare

Oct 25, 2017
I tried the microsoft spam click thing but the roadblock is not getting to the place order page.
Hopefully they put more stock out or other sites start to list them.