• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
That thought more came because I tried to order direct from Microsoft Store the minute it was announced and still failed. But still, either allow preorders to be unlimited for ten minutes or something and whoever does it does it or maybe don't release a limited edition version when the BASE version is still incredibly limited.

Already mentioned this but this was clearly in the works going back to last year. But I also don't see how them just not doing one period somehow makes it better. Unless you're just in "if not me than no one" camp.

Dec 31, 2017
Virginia

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Already mentioned this but this was clearly in the works going back to last year. But I also don't see how them just not doing one period somehow makes it better. Unless you're just in "if not me than no one" camp.
I understand that I'm just angry but I think it's reasonable to be angry that Microsoft is putting me in a position where not only do I have to compete with people who don't have a console already but now ALSO people who already have the console and want a prettier version or to resell their old one.

Even if it's not their "fault" I think my frustration is justified.

Oct 26, 2017
After further investigation, I think the most logical explaination is that this is actually happening in 2552 London during H2/H3 invasion on Earth, those brutes are Covenant and young Agryna just witnessed some remaining Spartan IIIs descending in prototype Mark VII armors, which inspired her to become one in 2553 when Spartan IV program opened for everybody which was fit enough to be an augmented soldier in semi-suicide missions.

Infinite is set 8 years later in the timeline, which is enough to make her look older, grown up, battle scarred (prosthetic leg) and main instructor at Avery Johnson's Academy. ;)

P.S.
The H2 "ilovebees" ARG reference with her necklace and future logo is the cherry on top!
I don't this this makes much sense either. I don't think there were any Spartan-III's on Earth, and most of them were dead by 2552 or were training on Onyx. Noble Team is a bit of an aberration due to Bungie toying with established lore, as very few Spartan-III's used Mark V armor, they used a cheaper SPI armor since they were used as disposal child soldiers sent on suicide missions. Mark VI GEN 1 had just been fielded for the first time around October 2552 (Halo 2), so they wouldn't be testing Mark VII GEN 3 because there's no way it would exist at the time. Throughout Halo 4 and 5 they were only on the GEN 2 model for Mark VI. Also, there's no way a random civilian would be inducted into the Spartan-IV program's first wave by 2553 as recruiting was incredibly limited to qualified military personnel.

Most likely it's lazy writing to give her a simple back story that doesn't really add up when thinking about how it all works logically.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I understand that I'm just angry but I think it's reasonable to be angry that Microsoft is putting me in a position where not only do I have to compete with people who don't have a console already but now ALSO people who already have the console and want a prettier version or to resell their old one.

Thats a universal supply and demand problem not a Microsoft problem. Most of the consoles are going to retailers.

But yeah I've already bashed those "my second console" people here. Nothing you can do about it though. A lot of those people got it from Walmart.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
I don't actually mind the LE controller but it is bugging me the handles are black, there's almost too much and is off-setting the green.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Thats a universal supply and demand problem not a Microsoft problem. Most of the consoles are going to retailers.

But yeah I've already bashed those "my second console" people here. Nothing you can do about it though. A lot of those people got it from Walmart.
I'm confused - are limited edition / collectors edition systems normally "second consoles"? As someone who collects halo stuff, I'm always after these devices for my collection yet never intend for them to be my primary console. I feel like this is for Halo fans, and if it's your first XSX it's just a double bonus.

Note: I am not planning to sell my current system, and maybe that is what rubs people the wrong way?

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I'm confused - are limited edition / collectors edition systems normally "second consoles"? As someone who collects halo stuff, I'm always after these devices for my collection yet never intend for them to be my primary console. I feel like this is for Halo fans, and if it's your first XSX it's just a double bonus.

Note: I am not planning to sell my current system, and maybe that is what rubs people the wrong way?

In a world where it's equally difficult to get even a base console? Sure

But I also guarantee most of these aren't being bought by people who are big Halo fans lol.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I somehow "beat the system" and managed to get the controller into my cart just now, only to be welcomed with another "this item is out of stock" message and to either remove it or save for later lol

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
I somehow "beat the system" and managed to get the controller into my cart just now, only to be welcomed with another "this item is out of stock" message and to either remove it or save for later lol

From where? Microsoft store has been sold out since a minute or so after it listed it. It's just always let you add it to cart

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
In a world where it's equally difficult to get even a base console? Sure

But I also guarantee most of these aren't being bought by people who are big Halo fans lol.
You are probably right, but I know I'm not the only crazy halo fan out there :). The pic below is of my halo shrine (there is a lot more in the room, but you get the idea).

imgur.com

imgur.com

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
From where? Microsoft store has been sold out since a minute or so after it listed it. It's just always let you add it to cart

From the Microsoft store page. When you first load the page, the pre-order link will appear for a fraction of a second before changing to "out-of-stock". So I thought "if I can refresh the page and scroll down quickly enough to click it before it disappears, will I be able to purchase it?" So I kept at it and eventually managed to hit the link which added it to my cart. Still won't allow a purchase though.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP. I completely beat the system and was just able to purchase it right now!

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
From the Microsoft store page. When you first load the page, the pre-order link will appear for a fraction of a second before changing to "out-of-stock". So I thought "if I can refresh the page and scroll down quickly enough to click it before it disappears, will I be able to purchase it?" So I kept at it and eventually managed to hit the link which added it to my cart. Still won't allow a purchase though.

They had the preorder button still working period for all of last night also but it would still tell you out of stock when you clicked check out. It sold out within a couple of minutes.

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY
I heard about this a whole 19 hours after it was announced, which is FAAAARRR too late to get any even slightly in demand electronic device in this day and age. It would have been nice to have this to compliment my Halo: Reach 360 LE console, but I guess I'll just print out a picture and put it next to my 360 instead. At least I'll be able to play Halo Infinite on my PC!

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Either they restocked id expect it to get cancelled.

That said I don't think the elite controller will be that hard to get. It's a $200 controller. Most retailers just haven't even begun to sell it yet.
The normal Elite Controller, both Series 1 and Series 2, have oftentimes been really hard to find. So I wouldn't be so sure that it'll be different with the Halo one.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
The normal Elite Controller, both Series 1 and Series 2, have oftentimes been really hard to find. So I wouldn't be so sure that it'll be different with the Halo one.

I'm speaking relative. Hard to find after release yeah. But getting it from Amazon/Best Buy when it actually goes up will be significantly easier than the console.

I was able to purchase 5 minutes ago. I found a work around .
Also if you're in the US I don't believe you lol. You've been able to get it in cart for a while now using scripts and bypass URLs. But the checkout is what prevents it due to OoS.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
So again, in all seriousness, I was able to purchase the controller a few minutes ago even though it says it's out of stock. Here's what I did step-by-step:

1. Go the page for the controller here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/x...-2-halo-infinite-limited-edition/90z8k1dbj8zd

2. When you first load the page, you will see a pre-order link for about a fraction of a second. If you refresh the page, you'll see it pop up again for the same amount of time. You have to be very quick, but refresh the page, scroll down and click "pre-order" before it disappears. It took me a couple of dozen times to do it, but eventually I managed.

3. Once you've managed that, the item will be added to your cart. Now you'll be at your cart, but unable to checkout because the item is "out-of-stock".

4. If you refresh the page here, you'll see a "checkout link" temporarily appear just as the pre-order link did in Step #2. So do on this page just as you did for the pre-order until you're able to click it.

5. Once that's done, you'll be on the 'Place Your Order" page. Here, it wouldn't allow me to select my address, so I just re-input it. Then I selected payment type and was able to successfully place my order.

I suggest you all give this a try as well.

Z Y

Oct 27, 2017
Hehehe. Hmm.

You know missing November aside it's just amazing how 343 has messed up this franchise, multiple delays, the last for a SP never seen, late MP test, f2p. 6 years nearly 7 when it comes out after Halo 5.

I just dont get it. Just replace them, let them go to Zynga with Mattrick.

I'm sure some of the staff like the series but after various titles it's clear this just won't work. It happens in every industry. Sometimes no matter how hard, or not, you try things sometimes just dont work.

And cross gen all the way to the end.

Halo CE anniversary and Halo 2 remake were ok. That's the best thing 343 can do, aesthetic changes and graphics updates.

Everything else has been destroying the franchises identity, ignoring fans, dev incompetence, or just dishonest ads like seen for Halo 5. All for a 3 minute cutscene despite barely playing as chief.

It's time to sunset this airplane for the last time. Cut the legs off the kangaroo so to speak. A new Halo team must be formed.

Hey maybe the Halos isn't for you and that's ok.

Oct 26, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
So again, in all seriousness, I was able to purchase the controller a few minutes ago even though it says it's out of stock. Here's what I did step-by-step:

1. Go the page for the controller here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/x...-2-halo-infinite-limited-edition/90z8k1dbj8zd

2. When you first load the page, you will see a pre-order link for about a fraction of a second. If you refresh the page, you'll see it pop up again for the same amount of time. You have to be very quick, but refresh the page, scroll down and click "pre-order" before it disappears. It took me a couple of dozen times to do it, but eventually I managed.

3. Once you've managed that, the item will be added to your cart. Now you'll be at your cart, but unable to checkout because the item is "out-of-stock".

4. If you refresh the page here, you'll see a "checkout link" temporarily appear just as the pre-order link did in Step #2. So do on this page just as you did for the pre-order until you're able to click it.

5. Once that's done, you'll be on the 'Place Your Order" page. Here, it wouldn't allow me to select my address, so I just re-input it. Then I selected payment type and was able to successfully place my order.

I tried this (just to see, don't really need a $200 controller on top of a $550 console) and after I clicked checkout on the page, I saw the screen with the addresses for a fraction of a second before a box appeared and told me it was out of stock and took me back to the checkout page.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana

Step 5 is what doesn't work for me. That page just immediately takes me back to step 4. I can see that my card and address are automatically populated, so I wonder if that's the problem?

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa

Doesnt work because the checkout page itself will also say out of stock and then auto direct you back to the checkout page.

Step 5 is what doesn't work for me. That page just immediately takes me back to step 4. I can see that my card and address are automatically populated, so I wonder if that's the problem?
It forces you to log in to a Microsoft account regardless before that point.

Wrighteous86

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Sorry as the person voicing this frustration. I'm annoyed at the SITUATION, and wish there was a system in place to protect people like you and me, but I understand how difficult that is.

While I'd be annoyed you had two consoles and I had none, I think you'd have the limited edition Halo console for the "right reason" and I wouldn't begrudge you for that as you are a legitimate "collector". People who are just going to replace and resell their existing console, or just want to sell the LE at a marked up price when I can't get ANY Series X are the ones that I have real animosity for.

Refreshing store pages work day after work day and earnestly attempting Walmart's nonsensical "click and hold" system for hours tends to wear on you after a while. Now, back to Amazon and Best Buy, which I've been refreshing for 12 hours now.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Doesnt work because the checkout page itself will also say out of stock and then auto direct you back to the checkout page.

It forces you to log in to a Microsoft account regardless before that point.

Well I'm not sure why it's not working or if they caught the error. Idk. But I managed to get through it.

Also if you're in the US I don't believe you lol. You've been able to get it in cart for a while now using scripts and bypass URLs. But the checkout is what prevents it due to OoS.

I am in the US. I can provide proof of the order itself if you want it. Why would I lie? Lol

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Well I'm not sure why it's not working or if they caught the error. Idk. But I managed to get through it.

I am in the US. I can provide proof of the order itself if you want it. Why would I lie? Lol
Nice that it worked for you. Note that I was trying this same thing yesterday about 30 minutes after it went live. Get stuck at step 5 every time. Bummer.

Dec 2, 2017
The good news is the console is in stock on Game UK. The bad news is its Game, and of course they've sold out of £479.99 pre orders and you can only get it for £500 and up with a bunch of tat no one wants.

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I've managed to grab the console from Game UK, the console on its own was already sold out but bundles were still available so I got the console + Halo T-shirt for £494.98.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Nice that it worked for you. Note that I was trying this same thing yesterday about 30 minutes after it went live. Get stuck at step 5 every time. Bummer.

I had already given up after the first time. I went back to try it again, managed to click the pre-order link again, and this time when I got to the check out page I saw it temporarily highlight, which I didn't see the first time. So that's when I got curious to see if I could repeat Step 2 for the checkout, it worked, and then just successfully finished the rest from there.