Oct 27, 2017
Germany
so uh how's that sequel announcement going
Its-dead-jim.jpg

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Too good to be true. But if I were them, I'd fix GoT''s ending first and then put out House of The Dragon.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
This is probably for Space Jam 2. The new trailer shows they are part of the same universe. Drogon went to watch it after the end of season 8.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Interviewer with a reporter/insider

Context: James Hibberd is an American journalist and screenwriter. He has close contacts with George R. R. Martin as well as David Benioff and Daniel Weiss. He is author of "Fire Cannot Kill A Dragon," which provides behind-the-scenes insight into the production of Game of Thrones.

podcasts.apple.com

‎TV's Top 5: 'Made for Love' showrunner Christina Lee; 'Bridgerton' star's exit explained; 'Made for Love' boss on Cristin Milioti and a second season on Apple Podcasts

‎Show TV's Top 5, Ep 'Made for Love' showrunner Christina Lee; 'Bridgerton' star's exit explained; 'Made for Love' boss on Cristin Milioti and a second season - Apr 9, 2021

- They want fans to do a rewatch and sign up for HBO Max

- Says S8 remake is unlikelier than fans seem to think based on snyder cut

- HBO isnt gonna devalue their original series at all

- HOWEVER, says its HYPOTHETICALLY POSSIBLE for when GRRM finishes the books for HBO to redo the show. GRRM says there are significant differences between books and show

So

10 years from now maybe.

OP
OP
Ether_Snake

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Interviewer with a reporter/insider

Context: James Hibberd is an American journalist and screenwriter. He has close contacts with George R. R. Martin as well as David Benioff and Daniel Weiss. He is author of "Fire Cannot Kill A Dragon," which provides behind-the-scenes insight into the production of Game of Thrones.

podcasts.apple.com

‎TV's Top 5: 'Made for Love' showrunner Christina Lee; 'Bridgerton' star's exit explained; 'Made for Love' boss on Cristin Milioti and a second season on Apple Podcasts

‎Show TV's Top 5, Ep 'Made for Love' showrunner Christina Lee; 'Bridgerton' star's exit explained; 'Made for Love' boss on Cristin Milioti and a second season - Apr 9, 2021

- They want fans to do a rewatch and sign up for HBO Max

- HBO isnt gonna devalue their original series at all

- HOWEVER, says its HYPOTHETICALLY POSSIBLE for when GRRM finishes the books for HBO to redo the show. GRRM says there are significant differences between books and show

So

10 years from now maybe.

For people who want an example of how different the books might be (and this video is really well made, what Joe says might happen is very likely):

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I know it's fun to hate this show now, but i will stan and defend the first 4 seasons or so.
the 10th anniversary marketing stuff seems to have worked on me, and I figured what better time to give the UHD set a spin. I only owned the second season on regular bluray back when it was released, but outside of that I watched the show on HBO Now over the years, with the mediocre video quality. About halfway through season one so far, and the show added detail is definitely noticed. I've seen season one at least half a dozen times now, and I am only now noticing some of the green hues in the costumes for the first time. the soundtrack is also atmos compatible now, but nothing thus far in the series has made much of a punch audio wise. the budget only gets exponentially better from here, so i'm excited to see how it looks/sounds

HBO is also missing a potential market by not selling digital UHD seasons on itunes/amazon/google/wherever. I tried to go digital first but it seems to only be 1080p on all the VOD services. They also have not put UHD versions on HBO Max. the discs are a bit pricey (got it for ~$170 on sale), and majority of folks don't even buy physical media anymore, so not really sure what they're doing there.

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020
I know it's fun to hate this show now, but i will stan and defend the first 4 seasons or so.
the 10th anniversary marketing stuff seems to have worked on me, and I figured what better time to give the UHD set a spin. I only owned the second season on regular bluray back when it was released, but outside of that I watched the show on HBO Now over the years, with the mediocre video quality. About halfway through season one so far, and the show added detail is definitely noticed. I've seen season one at least half a dozen times now, and I am only now noticing some of the green hues in the costumes for the first time. the soundtrack is also atmos compatible now, but nothing thus far in the series has made much of a punch audio wise. the budget only gets exponentially better from here, so i'm excited to see how it looks/sounds

HBO is also missing a potential market by not selling digital UHD seasons on itunes/amazon/google/wherever. I tried to go digital first but it seems to only be 1080p on all the VOD services. They also have not put UHD versions on HBO Max. the discs are a bit pricey (got it for ~$170 on sale), and majority of folks don't even buy physical media anymore, so not really sure what they're doing there.

I think almost everyone is in agreement that the first 4 seasons of Game of Thrones are exceptionally great, potentially the best television has ever been. Its the other 4 seasons that people have an issue with.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, anyone who thinks S8 remake is anything other than "never happening" is delusional.

I think another book adaptation some day is possible, but I think that also hinges on GRRM finishing the books which is no sure thing. Maybe more likely imo is a "Dream of Spring" sequel, as either a movie or limited series (based on whatever story they have), to reunite the remaining cast members. Sort of what El Camino was to Breaking Bad.