Status
Not open for further replies.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If game journos have heard rumblings then that suggests it will be announced soon and not for games that are some years off.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
At 500 it will sell out and be a massive hit, especially with exclusives.
It's less the selling out and more the continued buy-in that I'm thinking about. If people continue to be jobless and the US government doesn't step in, the cash flow is growing to get more and more tight as time goes on. Especially once Christmas passes and people are already in the post-Christmas cash crunch.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Haha yeah I cannot imagine a timed GTAVI exclusive this far out, but that would shake the ground beneath us.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Which one would generate the biggest meltdown COD, FFXVI or GTA6?

GTA by far.

After so many years of waiting, so many copies of GTA 5 sold.... man, I can't imagine the shitstorm
CoD would be very big too but I don't think anywhere near GTA levels.
FF16 would honestly not be that shocking.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
This generation is already proving to be exhausting and we don't even have launch dates yet. Sony and MS are just gonna spend the whole gen trying to fuck each other over instead of trying to improve things for their own consumers, huh?

why would they care about improving things when locking things down to your platform to force people over to it works just as well with less effort?

Jun 23, 2019
honestly, what the fuck do you even do if your competitor is this cut-throat

lol The irony is that a good portion of people on this forum aren't old enough to remember PS1-PS2 era Sony when they were just as ruthless. It's shocking to everyone because they've never seen this kind of aggression in the game industry, at least in their lifetimes.

Mad_Rhetoric

Banned
May 7, 2019
Timed content? Or timed exclusivity for the entire game? Because that'll be one hell of a bad look for sony, people would rightfully be pissed.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah. Like in Nioh's case at least Sony actually publishes the damn games.

Just Sony giving Square a check to screw over Xbox owners or Microsoft paying Sega to fuck over Playstation owners, though...come on. It's shit.
Whatever these games turn out to be, and definitely all the Square Enix titles, they could actually grow an audience on other platforms if it weren't for this. It seems really short sighted too. Why spend all that money and time and effort developing your game only to then accept a check so that less people can enjoy it?

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
As opposed to now where non sony buyers are not winning.

Also, it is much harder to do it when you're not the market leader.

Sony had a rough time in the PS3 gen like this, but they got through it by making a *lot* of unique content. Some of it was merely "ok", but it was something for their ecosystem and users. Then they hit the PS4 gen with a bunch of studios that were slick machines AND took over as market leader.

svnty6rs3

May 13, 2020
I don't understand what FF16 gets them. They already overwhelmingly outsell the competition in Asia and Japan especially with final fantasy. So why pay all that money to make it exclusive if it already primarily just sells on PlayStation anyway. That doesn't seem to fit the bill that people would be super shocked because the game is known as being multi platform. It's gotta be something else.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
This generation is already proving to be exhausting and we don't even have launch dates yet. Sony and MS are just gonna spend the whole gen trying to fuck each other over instead of trying to improve things for their own consumers, huh?
Seems like it. Stuff like this honestly makes me less excited about the upcoming gen.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Dear Sony let me play games on platform that is superior than yours in almost every single way and leave PC out of your console competition because i am not paying 500€ to have worse experience just because you say so.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
This creates an arms race situation.

I don't think it necessarily does. MS' priority is very clearly on GamePass. paying for timed exclusivity for a major AAA third party title AND paying to get said game on GamePass would likely be prohibitively too expensive to make it worth their while. I think securing GP content is probably the smarter play for their dollars.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
No need to move the goal posts. Money hatting is money hatting.
MS doesn't have the same clout either. Especially compared to the 360-era. So they'd have to pay way more than Sony (which, by most indications, will be the continued market leader).

It doesn't necessarily mean that they don't want to - Matt confirmed they're "aggressively" pursuing similar deals... It's just not money they're willing to spend.

I hope they do what Sony did with the PS3:
Invest in their own games and try to set themselves apart.
That's what saved the PS3!

I don't want MS to go anywhere. We need competition!

Status
Not open for further replies.