JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
I'd imagine Tyson still has incredible punching power, enough to knock Paul out, but stamina might not be as good as it used to be, especially against someone half his age. And I'm sure the muscle memory will kick in so the years of experience he has over Paul would be good enough as long as he can land that one good punch before he gasses out.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I would actually be hyped to see a fight where Tyson would pummel a asshole like Paul, but this is completely scripted.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
I do hope we get a real match and not show dance around for a draw and a paycheck.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
To think I have seen in my lifetime a sport hailed as the ultimate representation of fighting become such a joke.
I guess I was too young when Tyson was in his prime to see that it may have been a joke but seriously from fantasy rocky movies to influencer fodder is such a drop.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
All of this marketing for a carny fight that'll end in a draw so Tyson keeps his dignity, cashes a massive check, and Paul gets to say he survived Tyson in the ring and took him to decision.

These Paul pricks have literally pulled this exact stunt multiple times already. I have no idea why people keep falling for it.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
All of this marketing for a carny fight that'll end in a draw so Tyson keeps his dignity, cashes a massive check, and Paul gets to say he survived Tyson in the ring and took him to decision.

These Paul pricks have literally pulled this exact stunt multiple times already. I have no idea why people keep falling for it.

Yeah there's no way it's not this ^ right? This is a business opportunity more than anything.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
To think I have seen in my lifetime a sport hailed as the ultimate representation of fighting become such a joke.
I guess I was too young when Tyson was in his prime to see that it may have been a joke but seriously from fantasy rocky movies to influencer fodder is such a drop.

There's plenty of good boxing. You don't have to be old to remember it. There was a fantastic fight between two young elite guys just last weekend. Generally the people who take this stance don't pay any attention to boxing anyway.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
There's plenty of good boxing. You don't have to be old to remember it. There was a fantastic fight between two young elite guys just last weekend. Generally the people who take this stance don't pay any attention to boxing anyway.
That's not what I mean.
I'm fairly sure that if you're deep in the sport, you probably have more content to watch now than you ever did before.
Similarly you probably enjoy a level of complexity in the sport in a way that was hardly possible before just with the tools we have now.
The issue is this stupid fight is basically the face of the sport now, not the world title or Olympic final for example.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019

Yeah there's no way it's not this ^ right? This is a business opportunity more than anything.
It's exactly that. Anything Jake Paul (and his brother for that matter) is tied to is manufactured to draw in eyeballs under the guise of something legitimate. This thing is going to sell like crazy because people want to see Tyson fuck him up, which is 100% guaranteed to not happen.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
That's not what I mean.
I'm fairly sure that if you're deep in the sport, you probably have more content to watch now than you ever did before.
Similarly you probably enjoy a level of complexity in the sport in a way that was hardly possible before just with the tools we have now.
The issue is this stupid fight is basically the face of the sport now, not the world title or Olympic final for example.

It's not the face of the sport though. Plenty of cards and fighters so far better numbers than Jake Paul. (There's a reason that IIRc Paul's team has stopped reporting PPV numbers over his last few fights and why he's doing a desperation match against a 60 year old on Netflix).

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
It's not the face of the sport though. Plenty of cards and fighters so far better numbers than Jake Paul. (There's a reason that IIRc Paul's team has stopped reporting PPV numbers over his last few fights and why he's doing a desperation match against a 60 year old on Netflix).
I mean I would like for you to be right but let's not act like putting that on Netflix isn't going to be a big event for boxing.
I'd very happy to be wrong so if I am that's absolutely a good thing.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I would like for you to be right but let's not act like putting that on Netflix isn't going to be a big event for boxing.
I'd very happy to be wrong so if I am that's absolutely a good thing.

If Paul's promotion thought they could sell a substantial number of PPVs this wouldn't be on Netflix. This is great for Netflix, it's short term spectacle I agree, but it says nothing about Jake Paul or his waning popularity and relevancy as a boxer.