• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sandyph

Oct 31, 2017
There is a long history of minority communities in the US being oppressed by the government for speaking out against injustice here and abroad.

You don't want justice or liberation- you just want revenge.

revenge for whom ?
for the millions that murdered in my country because US branded them communist during cold war ?
for the tens of thousands that died in Palestine in the past few months ?

those two things are half of century apart which clearly show that doing genocide oversea is just what USA stands for

the only sliver of hope the rest of the world have is for USA to be so busy on their domestic affair that they don't have time to continue their genocide elsewhere

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
If Biden wins with his current stance on Gaza, then Gaza will be disappear. He must feel the heat and do his part to deescalate the conflict and help the Palestinian people before the elections or else he will only be emboldened to make it worse. He must face SOME consequences for what he is enabling every day.

Otherwise it will only be haunting to see the celebrations of his victory while people are starved and killed and erased. It's sickining.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden wins with his current stance on Gaza, then Gaza will be disappear. He must feel the heat and do his part to deescalate the conflict and help the Palestinian people before the elections or else he will only be emboldened to make it worse. He must face SOME consequences for what he is enabling every day.

Otherwise it will only be haunting to see the celebrations of his victory while people are starved and killed and erased. It's sickining.

To be honest I don't think Gaza will last until the election.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Yup, it's the old trick.

"Okay this guy is a murderous prick who killed thousands of people, that's bad. But on the other hand the other guy once ignored a baby. Imagine how many other babies he ignored we don't know of! They are both bad."

It's a little tougher for people when both options are murderous pricks (though if someone wants to explain why his response to Gaza doesn't make Biden one, please, I genuinely want to hear it)

For the record I think Trump is the worse outcome of the two for the state of the country, but ignoring the murder of the greater world just because we don't live there is insane to me. Imagine we were getting bombed by another country and the people that voted for the guy who did it said "ok but our other option would have killed US, and we like being alive, please understand"

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Oh boy another thread that has ended up in circular genocide commentary. Tomorrow's episode should give this thread a shift, if only for a day.

Curious what the monologue will be about.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Biden is the eat shit candidate
Trump is the eat shit and die candidate.
Both are bad, but one is way worse than the other.
If you have family or friends in Gaza, Biden is very much a eat shit and die candidate too.

Oh boy another thread that has ended up in circular genocide commentary. Tomorrow's episode should give this thread a shift, if only for a day.

Jon touched on it in the first episode, albeit briefly. I'm hoping he explores it more in depth soon.

Oct 26, 2017
You think people in Palestine don't want the U.S. to stop arming Israel? They're just driven by revenge?

My interpretation was that he wants Americans to feel actual empathy for the victims of genocide.

revenge for whom ?
for the millions that murdered in my country because US branded them communist during cold war ?
for the tens of thousands that died in Palestine in the past few months ?

those two things are half of century apart which clearly show that doing genocide oversea is just what USA stands for

the only sliver of hope the rest of the world have is for USA to be so busy on their domestic affair that they don't have time to continue their genocide elsewhere

Many minorities currently living in the US originate from countries negatively impacted by what the US government has done abroad and/or still have relatives living there. They have had the most empathy for other groups who are victims of genocide as they have also been targeted for persecution. Black, LGBT, etc. Americans have been the harshest critics of US foreign policy.

Hoping that the US collapses into full fascism and becomes too busy committing genocide on the minorities within its own borders instead of doing it elsewhere is extremely gross. History has shown that countries engaged in atrocities against their own population will often commit those same atrocities abroad.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Sadly, if Biden LOSES, Gaza will disappear, too. In no reality would Trump's support of Israel be less than Biden's. Trump would probably actively DIScourage a ceasefire and/or deploy US assets directly into the mix.

In fact, there's no need to speculate - we saw four years of Trump's stance on Israel/Palestine. He moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem, he cut US funding of UNRWA, and he broke "deals" that claimed to be good for Palestinians but were in actuality a complete screw job, basically boiling down to more concessions from Gaza to Israel than ever.

Yes, Biden does deserve every last bit of criticism for contributing to Isreal's activities over the last 4 months, and he deserves to lose his re-election over it. But if he does, it will 100% be even worse for Gaza.

Elry09

Nov 11, 2017
Sadly, if Biden LOSES, Gaza will disappear, too. In no reality would Trump's support of Israel be less than Biden's. Trump would probably actively DIScourage a ceasefire and/or deploy US assets directly into the mix.

In fact, there's no need to speculate - we saw four years of Trump's stance on Israel/Palestine. He moved the US Embassy to Jerusalem, he cut US funding of UNRWA, and he broke "deals" that claimed to be good for Palestinians but were in actuality a complete screw job, basically boiling down to more concessions from Gaza to Israel than ever.

Yes, Biden does deserve every last bit of criticism for contributing to Isreal's activities over the last 4 months, and he deserves to lose his re-election over it. But if he does, it will 100% be even worse for Gaza.
Yep if Trump wins it will 100% be worse for Gaza, worse for LGBTQ+ citizens, worse for minorities, worse for America and worse for the world

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Many minorities currently living in the US originate from countries negatively impacted by what the US government has done abroad and/or still have relatives living there. They have had the most empathy for other groups who are victims of genocide as they have also been targeted for persecution. Black, LGBT, etc. Americans have been the harshest critics of US foreign policy.

Hoping that the US collapses into full fascism and becomes too busy committing genocide on the minorities within its own borders instead of doing it elsewhere is extremely gross. History has shown that countries engaged in atrocities against their own population will often commit those same atrocities abroad.

I don't think for a second people were saying they hope the US collapses into full blown fascism let alone think that would improve their situation.

I think their point is that when the system has eroded to the point that the lesser-of-two evils is a genocidal neo-liberal, you can't blame people for criticising the entire system. Trump is an existential threat but it is absolutely clear that he is a symptom, not the disease.

Do we want our media heroes to just be the propaganda wing of the lesser-of-two evils or do we want them to fulfil their full fourth-estate obligations and hold the entire system to account?

Jon's getting old, and he wants his legacy to be something truly important and lasting. He's going to start swinging and I'm here for it.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think for a second people were saying they hope the US collapses into full blown fascism let alone think that would improve their situation.

That user literally posted:

"the only sliver of hope the rest of the world have is for USA to be so busy on their domestic affair that they don't have time to continue their genocide elsewhere"

There is no other way to interpret that.

Hrist

Jun 30, 2023
"the only sliver of hope the rest of the world have is for USA to be so busy on their domestic affair that they don't have time to continue their genocide elsewhere"

There is no other way to interpret that.

There's many other ways to interprete it.

The alternative to throwing people abroad into the meatgrinder isn't throwing people in the US into it, it's stopping the meatgrinder.

The billions going to fund the ongoing genocide could go into healthcare, into improving infrastructure, into fighting climate change. The US would have many things to fix within its own border, from climate change to systemic racism to out-of-control gun culture.

Biden may be a horrible monster(he is, objectively, tbh), but his own party *could* apply pressure there. That's possible. It has been possible for months. People wanting that are not wrong. The dem politicans not doing so are what's wrong in this picture.

People that rather defend the god-king against every single criticism are part of the problem. You're eroding your own voter base and scaring away allies and I fear the stance of US liberals on this - outright maliciously telling people to vote for Biden or shut up - will cost Biden the election. Trump must not be elected, we'll all be completely screwed if he does get the win (I may not be American, but trump getting elected will probably ensure I'll have a fascist government within the decade), but alienating swathes of minorities in swing states sure isn't helping.

This is not the fault of the minority groups getting alienated, it's the fault of the party for not putting pressure on Biden. It's the job of the dems to actually be electable. "We will continue to kill your families, but think of the other families of other people that may not die!" is not a reasonable way to get voters. It's a complete failure of strategy that might screw us all.

Oct 26, 2017
There's many other ways to interprete it.

The alternative to throwing people abroad into the meatgrinder isn't throwing people in the US into it, it's stopping the meatgrinder.

The billions going to fund the ongoing genocide could go into healthcare, into improving infrastructure, into fighting climate change. The US would have many things to fix within its own border, from climate change to systemic racism to out-of-control gun culture.

Biden may be a horrible monster(he is, objectively, tbh), but his own party *could* apply pressure there. That's possible. It has been possible for months. People wanting that are not wrong. The dem politicans not doing so are what's wrong in this picture.

People that rather defend the god-king against every single criticism are part of the problem. You're eroding your own voter base and scaring away allies and I fear the stance of US liberals on this - outright maliciously telling people to vote for Biden or shut up - will cost Biden the election. Trump must not be elected, we'll all be completely screwed if he does get the win (I may not be American, but trump getting elected will probably ensure I'll have a fascist government within the decade), but alienating swathes of minorities in swing states sure isn't helping.

This is not the fault of the minority groups getting alienated, it's the fault of the party for not putting pressure on Biden. It's the job of the dems to actually be electable. "We will continue to kill your families, but think of the other families of other people that may not die!" is not a reasonable way to get voters. It's a complete failure of strategy that might screw us all.

This is not about Joe Biden. This is about a poster blatantly hoping that the US is turned into a warzone and a bunch of vulnerable minorities are killed because they want revenge for what the US government did to their country during the Cold War. It's disgusting.

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhh do they not have that style of shopping cart coin system and escalator in the US or is Tucker just showing how elite and out of touch he is?

Cause we've had those in Canada forever lol

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt Tucker has any idea what things actually cost in a store.

Bengraven